OT: New team...same old story

Rodney White’s move from Denver to Golden State has resulted in less playing time, less ppg, less everything!

Denver (42 games):
12.6 mpg
5.6 ppg
1.8 rpg
.432 fg%
.432 3-pt%
.618 ft%

Golden State (10 games):
7.0 mpg
1.8 ppg
0.6 rpg
.276 fg%
.200 3-pt%
.500 ft%

Well, at least he’s got the $$$!

Living in Denver, I have gotten to see quite a bit of Hot Rod over the last couple of years.

This season he looked out of sorts almost from the start. Things got worse when Michael Cooper became the interim coach when Bzdelik was fired. It seemed like Rodney tried too hard to impress and just made things worse. He actually became a liability when he was on the floor. He reached an all-time low when he airballed a potential game winning shot from the free throw line area against Dallas.

When Karl was hired, Rodney was not played at all. He did have a few games where he put up good numbers in garbage time but he was basically not an asset to the team.

He played some in his first few games in Golden State but quickly fell out of favor. There was a game last week where Troy Murphy was out and Dunleavy was ejected. Rodney played significant minutes and responded by going 1-8 from the field.

I think Rodney’s confidence is shot. I don’t think he will be in the NBA next year. He needs to bone up on speaking Italian.

[b]He played some in his first few games in Golden State but quickly fell out of favor. There was a game last week where Troy Murphy was out and Dunleavy was ejected. Rodney played significant minutes and responded by going 1-8 from the field.[/b]

I’m pretty sure I was watching that game also, and Rodney looked terrible, everytime he got the ball he threw up a shot that was a brick, didn’t do much on D and didn’t try to set up his teammates. I’m glad the guy played for Charlotte, but lets be realistic, he sucks and won’t be in the NBA any after this season, or maybe next season at the latest.