OT: One for the money

Canadian football fan wins $1 million by kicking 50-yard field goal.

TSN video of the kicks (lengthy but fun to view)

lucky bastard

So he misses from 20 yards, misses from 30 yards, misses from 40 yards, and then hits from 50 yards. What are the odds of that?

Thats one million Canadian dollars though… thats like $12.50 after the exchange rate.

1,000,000.00 CAD = 848,255.27 USD

I think I’d be OK with that.

Isn’t the canadian dollar outpreforming the US dollar here recently?

Isn’t everything?

“Diesbourg will be paid $25,000 a year for 40 years.”

That kinda sucks though. Not like he can retire any time soon.

Yeah, but think of it as $25K extra in salary. If you make $20K, that’s $45K. If you make $30K, that’s $55K. If you make $40K, that’s $65K.
Also, people that get it all at once have their friends & family get greedy, & they blow the dough. Over 40 years is for his own good.

Ken breakin out the mad math skillz!

I agree though… like that dude up in WVa a couple of years ago… won something like 280Mil… thought I heard he was broke not too long ago. Someone please explain to me how that happens???

if i made an extra $25,000 per year, i would be making …umm… about $28,000 per year! :lol:

Someone stated that he was taking a calculated risk - he had been a kicker or soccer player or something at some point and had been practicing … he missed those kicks intentionally, thereby jacking up the pot to a million … then he gets 1 kick for a million … good strategy on his part, rather than just making the 20-yarder and collecting whatever that chump change was. I’d rather have one kick for a million than make a 20 yarder for a couple of grand. High risk, high reward if true.

[i]Originally posted by Brick Tamland, Weather[/i]@Oct 30 2005, 11:08 PM [b] Someone stated that he was taking a calculated risk - he had been a kicker or soccer player or something at some point and had been practicing ... he missed those kicks intentionally, thereby jacking up the pot to a million ... then he gets 1 kick for a million ... good strategy on his part, rather than just making the 20-yarder and collecting whatever that chump change was. I'd rather have one kick for a million than make a 20 yarder for a couple of grand. High risk, high reward if true. [/b]
I'm thinking he got each prize for each level though. On the video, they say that each kick is exclusive. So it didn't matter it he missed the first ones or not, he still got to kick for the million. So he did really miss those first few.

$1 million given away at at Bi-Lo/Healthy Choice promotion at the Florida State-Clemson game. Passing the ball from 25 yards into a 20 inch wide circle is tougher than the 50-yd field goal, IMO!

Chris Bostic is the second cousin of former Clemson standouts Joe and Jeff Bostic from Greensboro.

[URL=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/11/12/bc.fbc.milliondollarfan.ap/index.html][B]Million-dollar arm[/B][/URL]

$1 million given away at at Bi-Lo/Healthy Choice promotion at the Florida State-Clemson game. Passing the ball from 25 yards into a 20 inch wide circle is tougher than the 50-yd field goal, IMO!

Chris Bostic is the second cousin of former Clemson standouts Joe and Jeff Bostic from Greensboro.

Million-dollar arm

I saw that…that was nuts! Props to that guy! :clap:

[QUOTE=NormanNiner;136712]“Diesbourg will be paid $25,000 a year for 40 years.”

That kinda sucks though. Not like he can retire any time soon.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of finance companies that will give him a lump sum payment in exchange for his 40 annuals. You lose a lot in the deal but it is easier to make a larger amount work for you so if you are smart, it can be a good deal.

[QUOTE=49erpi;139114]There are plenty of finance companies that will give him a lump sum payment in exchange for his 40 annuals. You lose a lot in the deal but it is easier to make a larger amount work for you so if you are smart, it can be a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Good point… hadn’t thought of that. I wonder if the terms of the promissory note will allow that. But if it does, he should definitely go lump sum.

I thought this might be the case.

The Bi-Lo Healthy Choice Pigskin Challenge is a SIGNATURE SPORTS PRODUCTION (Steve Hall, Mark Colone, James McCoy, and Bobby Kummer’s wife (sorry I forget her first name). Nice job!