OT: Sirius Radio.. the eagle has landed

Just got it today for my birthday! Oh man, no more Mark Packer! No more bullcrap commercials! Stern! NFL! ESPN! Oh joyous, happy day!! :clap:

[QUOTE=NormanNiner;173704]Just got it today for my birthday! Oh man, no more Mark Packer! No more bullcrap commercials! Stern! NFL! ESPN! Oh joyous, happy day!! :clap:[/QUOTE]
I’ve had it since Christmas. It is truly awesome. Enjoy!

Been on board for about 3 years now. I recently screwed up my mobile antenna for it and had serious withdrawal while I waited on the replacement to arrive. You’ll rarely listen to local radio anymore. Congrats!

Congrats Norman.

Also, unless your music tastes run towards top 40 mainstream, the music stations will quickly win you over with their variety. If you give it a chance, I guaranty you will become fans of bands or albums you’ve never heard of before.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;173746]Congrats Norman.

Also, unless your music tastes run towards top 40 mainstream, the music stations will quickly win you over with their variety. If you give it a chance, I guaranty you will become fans of bands or albums you’ve never heard of before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys… Yeah I’m already enjoying it. Listened to Stern on the way in this morning. I cannot WAIT for football season and listening to NFL on Monday mornings! My musical tastes vary widely as it it depends on my mood. But I can listen to just about anything. Best of all, no more Packer!!! I might still isten to GWill and the gang every now and then though.

Thanks guys... Yeah I'm already enjoying it. Listened to Stern on the way in this morning. I cannot WAIT for football season and listening to NFL on Monday mornings! My musical tastes vary widely as it it depends on my mood. But I can listen to just about anything. Best of all, no more Packer!!!!!!! I might still isten to GWill and the gang every now and then though.

The football coverage on Sirius is phenomonal, Norman. 24/7 on the NFL station (I think it’s 124). Gameday coverage (both college and pro) is great and they even have some really good fantasy football shows. It’s a bit overwhelming actually but that’s a good thing.

XM is great :slight_smile:

But since I’ve gotten my IPOD hooked up in my car…XM has taken a back seat…

[QUOTE=jcl49er;173755]The football coverage on Sirius is phenomonal, Norman. 24/7 on the NFL station (I think it’s 124). Gameday coverage (both college and pro) is great and they even have some really good fantasy football shows. It’s a bit overwhelming actually but that’s a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I’ve heard that it’s great! I’ve always been a Panther fan since the inception of the franchise but it wasn’t until that past couple of years that I’ve become particularly rabid, and by extension addicted to the NFL. That was brought on by the fact that my saint of a father-in-law let’s me use one of his PSL seats ALL SEASON. He doesn’t like going to the games, so he shares the wealth with his kids and their spouses. And if that weren’t enough, guess who moves into the house next door last year? Jordan Carstens.

Me loves some NFL.