OT: Whats your opinion of the Bobcats?

With the beggining of the NBA season coming up I was just curious what everyone though about the Bobcats. I’ve recently had a bad experience with them and hope that a niner never shows up on there roster! Anyways…just wondered the majority of you guys feel about them

Why is this on the Charlotte 49er Board?

what reason could anyone possibly have for voting #1??

You left out the category: Hope they do well so C-SET gets stronger, which helps our chances of more TV exposure.

[b]With the beggining of the NBA season coming up I was just curious what everyone though about the Bobcats. [/b]

I will pull for the Bobcats over other NBA teams, ESPECIALLY the Whorenets. I won’t care much because they are an NBA team, and I am not a fan of the NBA.

I’m having a hard time getting over the Hornets being in NO. I felt a connection with them and I don’t know if it can be replaced.

It’s not the Bobcats, but the NBA in general that I think is terrible. I can watch more exciting games at the local inner city rec center, and the games there would be played closer to the real rules of basketball. Yet another thread I get to say how much I hate the NBA.

The bobcats are playing on c-set right now (nothing else on).

Here’s what I think about cset so far;

• like the announcers (one could be john thompson - sounds like him). wonder who we’ll get for our games??

• doesn’t have the same dead air that tw had on the espn+ games last year (i remember reading somewhere that tw96 last year was a test for cset).

• the ticker (or whatever you call it that shows the score, time, etc.) is about 2 inches above the bottom of the screen, although it is the normal size a ticker at the bottom would be. below that ticker you can see the court but it’s extremely tinted. that is really annoying, not sure why they don’t just put it at the bottom. The ticker itself shows the CSET logo, the score, the quarter, the time remaining and the shot clock (which looks like a small picture of one of the actual shot clocks). The one thing I really don’t like is how small the time remaining is. I’m watching on a 42’ TV and am about 6 - 7 feet away and can’t really make it out (3’s look like 2’s, 3’s or 8’s) and I have 20/20 vision.

• the game was broadcast well, no real difference between it and a game on TNT. No scroll showing other sports scores going on though, I wonder if they’ll do that later on for regional teams?

Posted on Oct 18 2004, 09:56 PM

The bobcats are playing on c-set right now (nothing else on). :confused: :confused: :confused: :huh: :o

If I have a very stressful day at work, I may watch the Bobcats if they are playing that night. Those NBA games have been the best thing I’ve foind to put you right to sleep in recent years.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Oct 18 2004, 10:09 PM [b] Posted on Oct 18 2004, [b]09:56 PM[/b]

The bobcats are playing on c-set right now (nothing else on). :confused: :confused: :confused: :huh: :o [/b]

There’s nothing on on Monday nights except Monday Night Football and both the Bucs and Rams stink. (and of course as soon as I say that the rams pick up a fumble and run 90+ yards for a TD).

Bobcats game was actually watchable. Lost in double OT (even though it’s preseason).

oh yea football is on too I was talking about redsox yankees

I tried to watch the game Sunday and just couldn’t do it. Baseball is just too slow paced for me (sorry metro).

I’m not a big NBA fan but I support the local teams. I went to the first exhibition game and I had a pretty good time. The crowd was late arriving and quiet at first but they warmed up during the game and actually got loud during crunch time. I’ve got tix for the first game on Nov 4 and I’ll probably go to 1 or 2 more games this year.