OT: Xavier's Odia starts classes Monday

Cincinnati Enquirer: Xavier recruit prepares to start school Monday

Of course, we at Charlotte know something about this little tidbit from the Cincy Enquirer:

In order to be eligible for competition at Xavier, Odia’s transcripts will also have to be approved by the NCAA clearinghouse, a normal administrative step.

Xavier Athletics: Churchill Odia

Odia is the one who asked Xavier for his release back in the Spring. Pitino tried to lure him away to Louisville. Glad to see he stayed in the A-10.

Lefty, from what I can gather, Odia had never signed a NLI prior to May, thus he didn’t have to request a release from that. As a foreign student, though, scholarship papers he had signed with Xavier linked his visa application to XU and XU alone. Guess we need a lawyer specializing in immigration issues to explain that one.

Odia no slam dunk for Xavier

Odia signs Xavier letter of intent, but immigration issues still linger

Anyway, if he’s as good as advertised and hangs around the A-10 long enough, I’m looking forward to seeing him play in Halton. Of course, I don’t care how many points, assists, etc. he has as long as the Niners win!!! :lol:

On a side note regarding Xavier, I am happy to see Sean Miller getting a shot at a fairly big time job. Hope to see him do well, except for about 2 or 3 games a year starting in '05.

Odia should be a great player for Xavier. Saw him play at the TOC last year and he has a similar game to Shaun Livingston, he’s 6’6"-6’7" and can play PG. Should be fun to watch when we join the A10.

Odia has cleared the final hurdle and will play for Xavier…

Cincinnati.com: Odia is cleared to join Muskies

CincyPost.com: Xavier recruit Odia cleared to play