Other school's gear on campus - log

Could be fixed if you only post pictures.

x2 :49ers:

The 9/11 effect on Va. Tech is still very present, nobody wore their merchandise until after that school shooting.

OOOO OOOOOO PICK ME!!! I WOULD LOVVE TO HARASS SOME PEOPLE!

This type of thing BOILS MY BLOOD! As it does everyone else on this board Im sure!

Until they tell you to "get the F out of their face"... then it would get real interesting.
:lmao:

It’s a bit late in this season, but I believe next basketball season on a couple gamedays (maybe big games?) we have a group of people wearing/painted green running around harassing anyone wearing other schools clothing.

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;387071]Maybe I’ll start a segment as part of the 49ers insider show that we take a camera around campus and find those in other school’s gear and ask them on camera about it. Then, give them a 49ers insider t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

Yes! :thumbsup: That would be great. Then you could use that video that was made last year with the “Go gree, stay gree, go Niners” That would be awesome!

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;387076]I would pay money to see this show!!! Are you kidding me? metro harrassing kids on campus!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=metro;387077]I would be very gentle with them.[/QUOTE]

I have a friend that needs to speak with you Metro…

:biggrin:

:lmao:

Don’t get me wrong, I want to see you do it, and I want to see the video, although it’d be some strong evidence of assault and battery.

If it’s on our guy, we use it as evidence.
If our guy did it, we “lose” the evidence.

Of all the things that made my blood boil over about our school, this is the one issue that got me pissed the most. It was ridiculous the amount of people that wore other schools gear. The last straw was one our cheerleaders that used to wear a university of tennessee sweat shirt or a unc t-shirt to class nearly everyday. I finally called her on it and she gave me some lame excuse as to why she wore the shirt. I could tell by the look on her face that she was a little embarassed about it. I still can’t believe the coaches at Charlotte would put up with a cheerleader of all people doing this sort of crap.

[QUOTE=d-roc15;387175]Of all the things that made my blood boil over about our school, this is the one issue that got me pissed the most. It was ridiculous the amount of people that wore other schools gear. The last straw was one our cheerleaders that used to wear a university of tennessee sweat shirt or a unc t-shirt to class nearly everyday. I finally called her on it and she gave me some lame excuse as to why she wore the shirt. I could tell by the look on her face that she was a little embarassed about it. I still can’t believe the coaches at Charlotte would put up with a cheerleader of all people doing this sort of crap.[/QUOTE]

Well, for one… this is the cheerleading coach we’re talking about.

You know, the one that refuses to budge on the fact that he makes them do the 40…9ers chant horribly wrong?

Well, for one... this is the cheerleading coach we're talking about.

You know, the one that refuses to budge on the fact that he makes them do the 40…9ers chant horribly wrong?

dude the cheerleaders are a joke here…every time they begin a chant it’s hilarious to watch the student section basically start a new one.

we might as well promote the dance team to be the dance/cheer teams. the dance team is 10xs better than the cheer team

we might as well promote the dance team to be the dance/cheer teams. the dance team is 10xs better than the cheer team

I’ve noticed dance team members wear tarhole sweatshirts over their uniforms before/after games. The last time I remember noticing was last season, they may have warmups.

Just stating that the issue is not simply a cheerleader-only situation.

I’ve also had a former 49ers Walk-on (the one that missed a dunk, Eric, maybe) tell a group of students it was okay to wear Chapel Hill stuff because, “Carolina basketball, that’s where its at.”

[QUOTE=J Felt;387206]I’ve noticed dance team members wear tarhole sweatshirts over their uniforms before/after games. The last time I remember noticing was last season, they may have warmups.

Just stating that the issue is not simply a cheerleader-only situation.

I’ve also had a former 49ers Walk-on (the one that missed a dunk, Eric, maybe) tell a group of students it was okay to wear Chapel Hill stuff because, “Carolina basketball, that’s where its at.”[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=Red]OUR F***ING CHEERLEADERS AND DANCE TEAM WEAR CRAP HOLE SHIRTS AT WARMUPS!? WE NEED THE EMAIL ADDRESSES OF THOSE OVER THEM NOW!

THAT’S THE LAST STRAW FORM ME![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=Red]OUR F***ING CHEERLEADERS AND DANCE TEAM WEAR CRAP HOLE SHIRTS AT WARMUPS!? WE NEED THE EMAIL ADDRESSES OF THOSE OVER THEM NOW!

THAT’S THE LAST STRAW FORM ME![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Well, this season they’re in their jackets while they’re in Halton getting ready for the game…

I don’t think its a big issue when compared to the rest of the student body at large.

Like I said, last time I noticed was last season, so maybe the AD saw an issue and resolved it themselves?

[QUOTE=J Felt;387210]Well, this season they’re in their jackets while they’re in Halton getting ready for the game…

I don’t think its a big issue when compared to the rest of the student body at large.

Like I said, last time I noticed was last season, so maybe the AD saw an issue and resolved it themselves?[/QUOTE]

Everyday students are one thing but when you represent this university in an official capacity that kind of grabbage is unexcusable! That’s like going to work at Starbuck’s and wearing an apron that says “F**k Starbucks”.

Then there is the crowd that sort of "ended up at UNCC" because of family issue, money, gf/bf nearby, etc. These are the wicked. They cheer for the ACC.
I know a girl who came here for her ex bf and she's a Charlotte fan - then again, she's from NY and that's not ACC territory. My roommate saw someone wearing a Harvard shirt today haha.

I am all for the camera thing, I think that it would make people feel awkward and not want to wear other team’s clothes.
BTW, I feel there is more school pride - or at least a movement for more school pride now in my senior (well sorta senior) year than when I first started going here.

Another good thing along with someone saying their needs to be pictures would just be for students to walk up to people with other school’s gear and stop them and ask if you can take a picture of them…when they ask why, say “so all the real supporters of this school can make fun of you.”

This situation has gotten much better than when I was in school in the early 90s. At least it is going in the right direction.