Ouch

Look-it, the conferences which comprise the illegal cartel called the BCS would love to pirate all NCAA sports. Not just football. They still have’nt given up on the notion of a two-tier BBall tournament-> One for BCS, and one for whoever’s left. The media are for the most part homers for all this nonsense, since they like their relationship with the big programs, and the mid-major label plays to it.

The bottom line is that the BCS is illegal-> it restricts free interstate trade/ commerce-> It is a cartel. The NCAA is in their pocket though-> Miles Brand is one of the biggest fraud’s to walk the earth. The BCS conf really do want it all.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;283299]BULLSH1T !!! Is or has any of the following been considered mid-major? Georgetown, Syracuse, UCONN, Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis, Marquette, UNLV, BYU, New Mexico, New Mexico State?

[/QUOTE]

The presence of Martin Iti alone makes New Mexico State a high major.

The presence of Martin Iti alone makes New Mexico State a high major.

The recruiting of Martin Iti after watching him play here makes NMSU high, forget the major.

[QUOTE=gamer;283320]The presence of Martin Iti alone makes New Mexico State a high major.[/QUOTE]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Goof point.

hmmmm… Typo there (meant to say “good point”), but I think maybe I should leave it like it is.

quote from other thread…

“this morning on ESPN’s pregame shows they talked about what a midmajor really is. They described it as a school who only gets 1 bid per year, so schools like Davidson and Butler. None of the guys on the show argued that. They went on to say that anyone who says that the a10 is midmajor is out of their mind.”

I wish Iti would come back and play so I could watch Gaby own his ass and shake the rather large finger inches away from Iti’s face.

Then one time down the floor Gaby give him one of those hard fouls. That would provide me closure to the Iti era!

quote from other thread...

“this morning on ESPN’s pregame shows they talked about what a midmajor really is. They described it as a school who only gets 1 bid per year, so schools like Davidson and Butler. None of the guys on the show argued that. They went on to say that anyone who says that the a10 is midmajor is out of their mind.”

bilas echoed those same sentiments earlier this week on MAC Attack.

[QUOTE=eason49;283230]
Kentucky is probably the epitome of major, hell they’re probably the best program in men’s basketball history.[/QUOTE]

I think a team out on the west coast would beg to differ, but I get your point.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;283368]quote from other thread…

“this morning on ESPN’s pregame shows they talked about what a midmajor really is. They described it as a [B]conference[/B] who only gets 1 bid per year, so schools like Davidson and Butler. None of the guys on the show argued that. They went on to say that anyone who says that the a10 is midmajor is out of their mind.”[/QUOTE]

Fixed. I’m pretty sure that’s the way it was supposed to read, even if you copy/pasted. If it’s the school getting the one bid every year instead of the conference, I would say that’s definitely high-major.

Butler is in mid-major conference, but they are definitely not mid-major right now.

I think the Big 10 is mid-major.

I think the Big 10 is mid-major.
Some may think that is crazy but I think it is at least the least exciting, lamest, and weakest of the "Big 6." Not one of their schools is a consistent powerhouse in both bball and football. Only 2 of their teams seems solidly consistent in basketball and then only 2 or 3 in football.

I was just thinking to myself last week how lame I thought the Big 10 was.

[QUOTE=49or bust;283439]Some may think that is crazy but I think it is at least the least exciting, lamest, and weakest of the “Big 6.” Not one of their schools is a consistent powerhouse in both bball and football. Only 2 of their teams seems solidly consistent in basketball and then only 2 or 3 in football.

I was just thinking to myself last week how lame I thought the Big 10 was.[/QUOTE]

Ohio State might disagree with you.

if we are talking basketball, michigan state, illinois, and indiana may as well considering they've played in championship games in the last 10 years.

Well, he did say basketball AND football. But if it is football or basketball, then he is just a nutjob.

I hate Big 10 too, but they are no pushover conference.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;283621]
I hate Big 10 too, but they are no pushover conference.[/QUOTE]

SEC might disagree with you. :tongue:

jk

[QUOTE=ninerID]if we are talking basketball, michigan state, illinois, and indiana may as well considering they've played in championship games in the last 10 years.[/QUOTE] Ohio St. has only been consistent in football. Basketball just now showed up and it was only really good last year.

MSU and Indiana were the teams I was thinking of for basketball. At the time I didn’t realize how consistently good Illinois had been. I still can’t remember hearing much about them (save '05) despite how well they really have done.

[QUOTE=forDniner;283722]SEC might disagree with you. :tongue:

jk[/QUOTE]

My dad was pretty upset about one B10 school…