Our Best Uniform Ever

I still like our 2001 uniform as our best ever.

Any thoughts???

Classy…unique…simple yet bold.

I think my favorites were the ones worn when DeMarco played here, but I can’t find any dagum pictures that actually show the whole uni. If they didn’t say “UNC” they would have been perfect.

But I think I’d like any uniform we had… AS LONG AS THEY ACTUALLY FIT!

[QUOTE=49or bust;249281]I think my favorites were the ones worn when DeMarco played here, but I can’t find any dagum pictures that actually show the whole uni. If they didn’t say “UNC” they would have been perfect.

But I think I’d like any uniform we had… AS LONG AS THEY ACTUALLY FIT![/QUOTE]

we wore classy uniforms? LOL
I am sure we did at some point, but its been so long I don’t remember. Our unis have been triple baggy thug syle (compared to other schools) for so long now, its embarrassing.

NOTE TO LUTZ: you want the fans to be “all in,” wear some reasonable and classy uniforms.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;249272]I still like our 2001 uniform as our best ever.

Any thoughts???

Classy…unique…simple yet bold.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, can’t agree on this one.

Those trim on those unis always reminded me of this here…

The best Niners uni I’ve seen is displayed on the Henry Williams bobblehead.

Not sure what I think the best ever is, but the worst ever I think we can all agree on… those awful bright grass/kelly green unis from like 98 or 99

[QUOTE=Chisox17;249318]Not sure what I think the best ever is, but the worst ever I think we can all agree on… those awful bright grass/kelly green unis from like 98 or 99[/QUOTE]

That was actually the 01-02 season. That was our first year with And1, they screwed up the green.

I like the unis K-Town showed the most. They weren’t generic like our nike uniforms (although I do like the Nike uniforms a good amount), and had a nice look. I have pair of the green shorts.

Most every team in college basketball has uniforms that “don’t fit properly”. The exception to the rule is the Nike Elite schools, who I think get fitted for their uniforms and even there the difference is insignificant.

The only way that would change is if college basketball instituted rules like the NBA has on the uniforms.

Most every team in college basketball has uniforms that "don't fit properly". The exception to the rule is the Nike Elite schools, who I think get fitted for their uniforms and even there the difference is insignificant.
Maybe, but no where near as bad as how improperly our uniforms fit. Our players looked like idiots last year. It has nothing to do with class or being thuggy and wearing baggy clothes, but just how stupid those uniforms looked. Ever time the guys would run or jump, it's like they were wearing a freakin parachute.

Remember when the ball got caught in DA’s jersey? Thats a clear example as to why you shouldnt wear xxxxxL jerseys

This one from the Mullins era is my favorite. The colors are good.

Remember when the ball got caught in DA's jersey? Thats a clear example as to why you shouldnt wear xxxxxL jerseys

Yeah man I remember that. And who could forget the time when the entire LaSalle team got caught in Antwon Coleman’s jersey… that was wild.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;249318]Not sure what I think the best ever is, but the worst ever I think we can all agree on… those awful bright grass/kelly green unis from like 98 or 99[/QUOTE]
The worst I remember were ones worn when either Mike Pratt or Hal Wissel was HC during the early 80s (I remember Melvin Johnson being on the team). The home jersey had “FORTY NINERS” on the front instead of “UNCC”. It wasn’t really the fact of what it said but rather the font used and the letters looked like cheap iron-ons!

Pratt was coach when the Forty Niners jerseys were worn and carried over into Wisselball. They were indeed iron-ons. The only redeeming value was the font style being different from everyone else’s.

The gold were the best ever. Wish they didn’t have UNC on them though.

[QUOTE=Normmm;249432]The gold were the best ever. Wish they didn’t have UNC on them though.[/QUOTE]
ahh, the Reebok pumps!
those things could squeeze your blood out

are we going to be getting those new nike uniforms that they had a few select teams wear during the ncaa tourney? I really hope not - those shorts are REDICULOUS

Remember those black road uni’s we wore for a couple of games in Jobey’s senior year('02)? I thought those were pretty sweet.