Our exhibition game this year...

They lost to Villanova 103-72

so are we just doing one exhibition, and then an instructional exhibition against South Carolina, I assume?

Why not schedule Barton for the exhibition? Bartonā€™s playing both NC State and Duke this year, granted both are exhibitions.

Why not schedule Barton for the exhibition? Barton's playing both NC State and Duke this year, granted both are exhibitions.

Do you remember 2 years ago against pfeiffer? Way too close for comfort.

I would much rather play a team that just wants to get better and work out kinks like we do than a small local team that wants a shot at us. I am guessing that this canadian team will be playing Davidson and a few others as well. Just making a trip out of it.

Also,ā€¦
Alumni of Ottawa includes:
Quddus (Mtv VJ), Alex Trebek, Peter Jennings, and Samantha Bee of the Daily Show

Canada: A loft apartment over a really great partyā€¦

Here is their roster: [URL]http://cis.infinityprosports.com/2004/index.php?page=teams&sport_name=mbasketball&team_id=7&sport_id=1[/URL]

Not much height at all. Our post players better have a field day with these guys. Only two players over 6ā€™6". If we donā€™t outrebound them by an absurd margin, something is wrong.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;260419]Here is their roster: [URL]http://cis.infinityprosports.com/2004/index.php?page=teams&sport_name=mbasketball&team_id=7&sport_id=1[/URL]

Not much height at all. Our post players better have a field day with these guys. Only two players over 6ā€™6". If we donā€™t outrebound them by an absurd margin, something is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Young, too!

Everyone on the team was born in 1999.

[QUOTE=survivor45;260420]Young, too!

Everyone on the team was born in 1999.[/QUOTE]

:blink: So weā€™re playing a bunch of 8 year olds? :smile:

:blink: So we're playing a bunch of 8 year olds? :smile:

ā€œthe average fan just doesnā€™t understand how good 8 year olds areā€
-Bobby Lutz

[QUOTE=ninerID;260423]ā€œthe average fan just doesnā€™t understand how good 8 year olds areā€
-Bobby Lutz[/QUOTE]

nomination for post of the year!!!

freaking classic!!

[QUOTE=ninerID;260423]ā€œthe average fan just doesnā€™t understand how good 8 year olds areā€
-Bobby Lutz[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

-Bobby Lutz[/QUOTE]
I just spit water all over my screen when I read this. I endorse this post.

Note to Athletic Deptā€“Putting a game on Halloween evening is not a good way to fill seats. Those of us who pay for our tickets either have kids or good-neighbor obligations. Now that you have planned it, if you donā€™t sell this to the students as the place-to-be party opportunity you have completely blown it.

Note to Athletic Dept--Putting a game on Halloween evening is not a good way to fill seats. Those of us who pay for our tickets either have kids or good-neighbor obligations. Now that you have planned it, if you don't sell this to the students as the place-to-be party opportunity you have completely blown it.

I agree, has potential to be the worst attendance at an exhibition game ever when they usually are pretty bad anywayā€¦

[QUOTE=ninerID;256805]so are we just doing one exhibition, and then an instructional exhibition against South Carolina, I assume?[/QUOTE]
The closed scrimmage will be against UNC Wilmingon. T.J. Carter will give our guards a good workout.

[QUOTE=Nugget;261346]Note to Athletic Deptā€“Putting a game on Halloween evening is not a good way to fill seats. Those of us who pay for our tickets either have kids or good-neighbor obligations. Now that you have planned it, if you donā€™t sell this to the students as the place-to-be party opportunity you have completely blown it.[/QUOTE]
Marketing 101, a perfect opportunity with a captive crowd.

[QUOTE=Nugget;261346]Note to Athletic Deptā€“Putting a game on Halloween evening is not a good way to fill seats. Those of us who pay for our tickets either have kids or good-neighbor obligations. Now that you have planned it, if you donā€™t sell this to the students as the place-to-be party opportunity you have completely blown it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they are going to need to work their buttā€™s off to get people in the seats.

I predict 750 people or less. I may go to the game, but if I find a party to go to, thatā€™s where Iā€™d rather be.

I donā€™t have kids and I canā€™t go, the good neighbor obligation