Our poor recreational facilities

[QUOTE=contemptor;315057]Seriously, and you graduated in 03? The light setup looks reallyyyyy old and doesn’t always work right

You guys all against my posts have already graduated though… keep in mind some of us are still in school and want to do more than just be able to watch varsity sports. I’m sure it’s better now than it was for you, but that doesn’t mean everyone wants to settle.

Edit- Thank you for your constructive post though Smoothie[/QUOTE]

Well to be more specific you are right, the lights were there but they never worked, I particularly remember one of the rims would always be bent down 2-3 inches so you couldn’t play full-court.

hey contemp I’m in Phase III which court do you play on ? I’m always looking for a game.

[QUOTE=contemptor;315057]Seriously, and you graduated in 03? The light setup looks reallyyyyy old and doesn’t always work right

You guys all against my posts have already graduated though… keep in mind some of us are still in school and want to do more than just be able to watch varsity sports. I’m sure it’s better now than it was for you, but that doesn’t mean everyone wants to settle.

Edit- Thank you for your constructive post though Smoothie[/QUOTE]

No problem! I think you guys, as current students, should know how and why things are done the way they are, especially when it is your tuition and fees that go to fund these activities. I’ve been to many different campuses and seen their recreational facilities. There are schools the same size as us that have inferior facilities, and there are others that have superior facilities. I think that for a school that is growing as rapidly as ours is, it will take awhile for all of the infrastructure to catch up with the growth rate. Unfortunately for guys like yourself, you will probably graduate before this is a reality.

Well to be more specific you are right, the lights were there but they never worked, I particularly remember one of the rims would always be bent down 2-3 inches so you couldn't play full-court.
Probably the same rims... until a few months ago they were terrible. It was way hard to hit one of the goals because it was so bent and the other was crappy as well, but the finally replaced the rims/nets (and maybe backboards I can't remember).
hey contemp I'm in Phase III which court do you play on ? I'm always looking for a game.
I'm actually in Phase III W. We actually haven't played much lately. A LOT laster year and a good bit last semester we played anywhere we could get a court. If it wasn't late we go for SAC then Belk, but if it's full or late outside. We had some 2am games at RDH court as well as Martin courts. It's pretty hard to see at martin courts at night though... last time my friend drove his car on the court for lights :o We only got to play about a half hour though before a cop made us move though haha. But I mean in fairness, half of the court is open space where for some reason they didn't put goals.... so why not

We’re mostly only playing soccer right now since we’re doing intermural soccer.

[QUOTE=contemptor;314307]A) Obviously the gym (weight/cardio room) here is terrible, and about 1/4 the size needed for a school of 20k+ people. I think I read this was currently in discussion… anyone know what the latest on a new gym possibility is?

I work at the gym and I agree it is not nearly up to par with other big universities but for us having 20k students there is never more than 80 students in there at a time even during peak hours and dead on the weekends. I do not think they will change anything until more people start going and it becomes an issue. The athletes have their own gym which is better anyway. I do not think they are in a big rush to build a fourth gym (including the one in belk) on campus until we start utilizing what we already have.

I'm actually in Phase III W. We actually haven't played much lately. A LOT laster year and a good bit last semester we played anywhere we could get a court. If it wasn't late we go for SAC then Belk, but if it's full or late outside. We had some 2am games at RDH court as well as Martin courts. It's pretty hard to see at martin courts at night though... last time my friend drove his car on the court for lights :o We only got to play about a half hour though before a cop made us move though haha. But I mean in fairness, half of the court is open space where for some reason they didn't put goals.... so why not

We’re mostly only playing soccer right now since we’re doing intermural soccer.

Dude I’m in Phase III Y if you ever need another player send me a PM or something I’m ALL IN haha.

by the way, this is in the:

[CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Times New Roman]UPCOMING CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS (Apr08)[/FONT][/B][/CENTER][/CENTER]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]•[/SIZE] [B][SIZE=3]New Outdoor Student Recreational Facility – requires the development of 24 acres to include multi-purpose outdoor recreational fields[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Estimated Construction Cost – TBD pending design development[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Contract Type – [B]Single Prime [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [/COLOR][COLOR=red][SIZE=3]Designer: Wolpert [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Pre-qualify Contractors – summer 2008 pending design completion[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=wayton5646;315192]

A) Obviously the gym (weight/cardio room) here is terrible, and about 1/4 the size needed for a school of 20k+ people. I think I read this was currently in discussion… anyone know what the latest on a new gym possibility is?

I work at the gym and I agree it is not nearly up to par with other big universities but for us having 20k students there is never more than 80 students in there at a time even during peak hours and dead on the weekends. I do not think they will change anything until more people start going and it becomes an issue. The athletes have their own gym which is better anyway. I do not think they are in a big rush to build a fourth gym (including the one in belk) on campus until we start utilizing what we already have.

It’s not that bad if you hit it right… it normally sucks at night though. I guess it’s not bad if you want to do cardio… If you want a bench it normally can take a while, especially when you have groups of 3 or 4 that will bench press for 45minutes.

Dude I'm in Phase III Y if you ever need another player send me a PM or something I'm ALL IN haha.
Will do. I'm not saying we're all great though, but not bad. I suck. I think we went like 3-4 in 3v3, but we went 0-6 in 5v5 because we had like nobody over 6 foot.
by the way, this is in the:

[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman]UPCOMING CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS (Apr08)[/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]•[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]New Outdoor Student Recreational Facility – requires the development of 24 acres to include multi-purpose outdoor recreational fields[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Estimated Construction Cost – TBD pending design development[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Contract Type – Single Prime [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [/COLOR][COLOR=red][SIZE=3]Designer: Wolpert [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]–[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Pre-qualify Contractors – summer 2008 pending design completion[/SIZE][/FONT]

This is in the what? New master plan? I just hope they have soccer goals somewhere :o