Out of State Alumni License tags

No mention of UNCC in list of most tags in Charlotte. In fact, no mention of UNCC at all. Pitiful.

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/171/story/210281.html]http://www.charlotte.com/171/story/210281.html[/URL]

And how about a link to UK’s clubs and groups?

Yeah, I saw this article this morning and thought how sad it is. No mention of us and what’s truely pathetic, is that we’re out-numbered in our own city by other schools.

I had been wanting to get one of the plates since I was in school (graduated just back in May of '06). After seeing this article, I purchased one this morning. It’s only $25 a year extra. That’s just $2 a month. If you want it personalized, it’s an extra $30 on top of the extra $25, so I just went with the 49ers plate. $15 of the $25 goes back to the school, so it’s really not a bad option at all.

No mention of UNCC in list of most tags in Charlotte. In fact, no mention of UNCC at all. Pitiful.

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/171/story/210281.html]http://www.charlotte.com/171/story/210281.html[/URL]

And how about a link to UK’s clubs and groups?

this would require marketing, merchandising, and alumni connection, our school has none of these, so you see the results.

The whole article is about “out of state” and we arent out of state. Also, I see way more A&T stuff in this area than Charlotte. I suppose they could have shown how many we sell, but I imagine when 132 or so came up we would be embarrassed it came to print.

The whole article is about "out of state" and we arent out of state.

Ding…ding…ding…we have a winner! I think some of you whine about our coverage just out of habit. This story wasn’t even relevant to us so why would they mention UNCC?

I was about to say that it was for out of state. I don’t understand some of them. Sure I can understand Clempson and USC, but I saw Purdue the other day… I have done my part

:thumbsup:

This story wasn't even relevant to us so why would they mention UNCC?

Yes, but according to the article North Carolina A&T has more tags than we do…that’s sad.

[QUOTE=Johnny449ers;250243]Yes, but according to the article North Carolina A&T has more tags than we do…that’s sad.[/QUOTE]
Are they counting our new [B][I]and[/I][/B] old tags together though?

OT:

[QUOTE]College tags are available through the N.C. DMV for $25 a year, plus regular license fees. A portion of that money goes to the UNC Board of Governors or the board of trustees for in-state private schools.[/QUOTE]

Why in the world are we giving rich, private universities public money?

[QUOTE=jcl49er;250221]Ding…ding…ding…we have a winner! I think some of you whine about our coverage just out of habit. This story wasn’t even relevant to us so why would they mention UNCC?[/QUOTE]

And some of you interpret everything as whining. It’s another example of the problems with the University. Hopefully it will improve. Also, the story became relevant to us as soon as they listed the top in-state tags sold in Charlotte. I assume the list represents Charlotte because I bet there’s more like 20,000 UNC Chapel Hill tags sold.

Just got an email back from the writer (KIRSTEN VALLE):

[QUOTE]The numbers for the most popular in-state tags are for the whole state. Unfortunately, the DMV didn’t have the numbers broken down by county/city. There are 545 UNC-Charlotte tags on the road now in N.C., according to the DMV (meaning more could have been sold in the past but aren’t on the road now). I only included the UK alumni site because the school is petitioning the DMV to issue UK tags…but readers can certainly buy the UNCC tags from the DMV Web site, which is listed in the story.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]MOST POPULAR IN-STATE SCHOOL PLATES (total)

• UNC Chapel Hill: 7,096

• N.C. State University: 5,269

• Appalachian State University: 1,919

• East Carolina University: 1,805

• N.C. A&T State University: 1,545

SOURCE: N.C. DMV

[/QUOTE]

UNC Charlotte: 545

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;250248]And some of you interpret everything as whining. It’s another example of the problems with the University. Hopefully it will improve. Also, the story became relevant to us as soon as they listed the top in-state tags sold in Charlotte. I assume the list represents Charlotte because I bet there’s more like 20,000 UNC Chapel Hill tags sold.

Just got an email back from the writer (KIRSTEN VALLE):[/QUOTE]

clt wonders how he has a charlotte tag numbered in the 1100’s when there are only 500.

And some of you interpret everything as whining.

Easy to do so given your history of griping about media coverage and how you worded your original post.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;250248]There are 545 UNC-Charlotte tags on the road now in N.C., [/QUOTE]

Ouch.

While I don’t really care which school has the most or which schools are available to choose from, I’m disappointed there are not more UNC Charlotte plates.

Perhaps, the 49er Club should provide some kind of incentive…give everyone who buys a plate an extra 2 points ($100 value) on their account.

This is a relatively cheap way to get some name recognition into the public eye.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/chevee/Mackenzie/P7290127.jpg[/IMG]
If I didn't know any better, I might think you were really into power naps.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;250260]Ouch.

While I don’t really care which school has the most or which schools are available to choose from, I’m disappointed there are not more UNC Charlotte plates.

Perhaps, the 49er Club should provide some kind of incentive…give everyone who buys a plate an extra 2 points ($100 value) on their account.

This is a relatively cheap way to get some name recognition into the public eye.[/QUOTE]
That’s a really good idea!

[QUOTE=49or bust;250261]If I didn’t know any better, I might think you were really into power naps.[/QUOTE]
Actually power naps are great! :thumbsup:

Perhaps, the 49er Club should provide some kind of incentive......give everyone who buys a plate an extra 2 points ($100 value) on their account.

I have a plate so I am all for that, but I think that it is the Alumni Associate that “owns” this program, not the 49er Club.

You have to have 300 applications before they will produce the plates, so I sent in my check when they first proposed the idea. It took three years to get 300 applications. Pitiful. How are we going to fill a football stadium?

[QUOTE=Nugget;250266]I have a plate so I am all for that, but I think that it is the Alumni Associate that “owns” this program, not the 49er Club.

You have to have 300 applications before they will produce the plates, so I sent in my check when they first proposed the idea. It took three years to get 300 applications. Pitiful. How are we going to fill a football stadium?[/QUOTE]

I think you are correct.

But I would hope there is enough in common between the two that they could WORK TOGETHER.

Your comments about filling a football stadium kinda “scare” me, too.

All the more reason that someone needs to step “outside the box” and be sorta creative.

clt wonders how he has a charlotte tag numbered in the 1100's when there are only 500.
I think they key is "current" plates. There's probably a lot made that have not been sold or no longer used.
How are we going to fill a football stadium?
By building it. Lack of football is a cause, not effect, of alumni apathy.