OVER-rated

What's everyone's thoughts on Brady Quinn? A lot of hype so far but maybe it's too early.

Well, the only NFL competition he has seen is in the 4th quarter of a preseason game where he was playing against guys who will probably not make any roster. In college, he was very good until: A. Pressure was put on him, B. He played against teams with great defenses. I think he was extremely overrated in college. Just my opinion, but I do not think he will live up to any amount of the hype they have made about him. When he compared himself to Joe Montana and Tom Brady in an interview, I immediately did not like him, so my views could be skewed, but I don’t think so.

Julius Peppers…

wait for it…

Honestly, he’s a freak of an athlete and could dominate [U]if he applied himself on every down.

[/U]He’s a damn fine player but I think people talk way out of their ass about him and he could easily just produce more but sometimes he just seems to lack the drive. The media is the only hype machine on him I believe. I wouldn’t necessarily consider him overrated but I feel as much talent as he has shown he still could reach another level, thus why I get irritated when he gets hyped up.

Julius Peppers...

wait for it…

Honestly, he’s a freak of an athlete and could dominate if he applied himself on every down.

He’s a damn fine player but I think people talk way out of their ass about him and he could easily just produce more but sometimes he just seems to lack the drive. The media is the only hype machine on him I believe. I wouldn’t necessarily consider him overrated but I feel as much talent as he has shown he still could reach another level, thus why I get irritated when he gets hyped up.

i know what you’re saying, and i wish we could see the monster he is every single play, but think of what you’re saying.

i don’t remember who was interviewed but i remember a while back seeing an interview with maybe strahan or someone talking about the DE position, and the fact is, you cannot go all out for everything every play. you will completely waste your energy if you do that. you cant be that much of a freak that you can do that every play of the game. you have to know the situation, know when to lay back, and know when to give it everything. and i think one of the reasons he’s so good is because he does a really good job of preserving himself that way and making an impact when it’s needed. i know it’s not what we want as fans…we want him to catch a backwards fumble midair and run it for 65 yards in every play…but it’s unrealistic to ask that. and just because he doesnt go for everything every play doesnt mean he’s taking plays off…he still diverts offenses, and makes plays. just nothing spectacular every play. that’s the point. he’s a very good player every play…but you know there’s gonna be several times each game where he will do something that swings momentum and/or changes the game.

i know what you're saying, and i wish we could see the monster he is every single play, but think of what you're saying.

i don’t remember who was interviewed but i remember a while back seeing an interview with maybe strahan or someone talking about the DE position, and the fact is, you cannot go all out for everything every play. you will completely waste your energy if you do that. you cant be that much of a freak that you can do that every play of the game. you have to know the situation, know when to lay back, and know when to give it everything. and i think one of the reasons he’s so good is because he does a really good job of preserving himself that way and making an impact when it’s needed. i know it’s not what we want as fans…we want him to catch a backwards fumble midair and run it for 65 yards in every play…but it’s unrealistic to ask that. and just because he doesnt go for everything every play doesnt mean he’s taking plays off…he still diverts offenses, and makes plays. just nothing spectacular every play. that’s the point. he’s a very good player every play…but you know there’s gonna be several times each game where he will do something that swings momentum and/or changes the game.

I don’t expect him to return fumbles on the regular, but there have been times during the season he seems to disappear, not just a few plays during a game. Sometimes I think he’d suffice to just occupy the double team, where he just leans up onto the guy. Something that I do think he is sold short on is his usage… if he was in a defensive system like Philly, you better believe there would be times that he would slide to an upright OLB for blitzes and to utilize mismatches on TE’s, in Carolina this just doesn’t happen enough. I don’t honestly think there is any OL that could stop him 1 on 1, and at times I’ve seen double teams struggle.

I don't expect him to return fumbles on the regular, but there have been times during the season he seems to disappear, not just a few plays during a game. Sometimes I think he'd suffice to just occupy the double team, where he just leans up onto the guy. Something that I do think he is sold short on is his usage... if he was in a defensive system like Philly, you better believe there would be times that he would slide to an upright OLB for blitzes and to utilize mismatches on TE's, in Carolina this just doesn't happen enough. I don't honestly think there is any OL that could stop him 1 on 1, and at times I've seen double teams struggle.

ive always not liked trgovac. i miss del rio. the only reason trgovac has had success is because the panthers defense has had so many weapons the past few years. he never takes chances, and he never uses anything like what you said. he just chooses ‘safe’ plays all the time it seems, because the defense is so good. well, that’s not using them to their full talent. be effing aggressive. if the panthers had the steelers d-cord or the eagles now head coach or still del rio, super bowl.