Packer going off today...

Doing his best to shoot down the ranking…calling us “pantywastes”. It’s gotten to the point where I have to listen to see how personal and dickheaded that he can get. I know, I know, that’s just assisting his efforts for ratings, etc, but I listen, I guess, for the time when “Fatman” will finally eat little crow regarding our program.

I am thinking about calling him and really getting under his skin on the air…jackass.

the other guy said we lost to louisville and had lost 6 games. Somebody call in and give em hell,

Don’t call! That’s what he wants.

If you people won’t quit listening, I wish you would at least quit posting all the crap he says about us. I think most of us who don’t listen are tired of reading it. Thanks.

Once again guys, you cannot win going against the media. He is throwing in some positive pub along with the negative. Take it for what it is worth??

You are just showing Packer how good he is at getting stuff stirred up. Consider the source when it comes to Packer. That’s all.

have some fun with it, ignoring gets you know where.

[SIZE=2]STOP POSTING THIS CRAP! NO ONE GIVES A S#!+ ABOUT PACKER!
IF YOU WANNA CALL SOMEONE AND B!+(# CALL THE ATHLETIC DEPT. (704) 687-4957!

NEWLY ADDED SPONSORS SO EVERYONE SEND ANOTHER ROUND OF EMAILS![/SIZE]

Some WFNZ sponsors from their website:

scott.apsega@townandcountryford.com
sponsorships@charlotteknights.com
Kens Satellites - ZIGMAN@DIRECWAY.COM zigman@ctc.net
sales@scottclarkstoyota.com
reservations@villaantonio.com
Sales@RockCarpet.com
store_manager@rmg3.com
jockscharlotte@mindspring.com
golfcharlotte@carolina.rr.com
ccg04@carolinagolf.com
kwtour@hotmail.com
tickets@gocheckers.com
sales@targetedgolf.com
staff@chirocarecenter.net
manager@thegrad.com
Rcaldwell@GreatGolfEvents.com
sgc@leroysprings.com
bubba@bubbasbbq.com
info@bobcatsbasketball.com
info@savvysalonanddayspa.com *NEW SPONSOR
customerservice@premiersalons.com *NEW SPONSOR
Allstatealumni3on3@yahoo.com *NEW SPONSOR
higgy@pga.com *NEW SPONSOR
mriddle@legacygolfmgmt.com *NEW SPONSOR
deansigmon@tegacaygolfclub.com *NEW SPONSOR
frankheadley@pioneergolf.com *NEW SPONSOR
business@myscorecard.com *NEW SPONSOR
jgwalton@oasis-dayspa.com *NEW SPONSOR
mjcottonpa@hotmail.com *NEW SPONSOR
hunternc@perigee.net *NEW SPONSOR
contactus@wildwingcafe.com * NEW SPONSOR
info@soundsystemsinc.net * NEW SPONSOR

For mass email purposes, copy and paste:

scott.apsega@townandcountryford.com, sponsorships@charlotteknights.com, ZIGMAN@DIRECWAY.COM, sales@scottclarkstoyota.com, reservations@villaantonio.com, Sales@RockCarpet.com, store_manager@rmg3.com, jockscharlotte@mindspring.com, golfcharlotte@carolina.rr.com, ccg04@carolinagolf.com, kwtour@hotmail.com, tickets@gocheckers.com, sales@targetedgolf.com, Rcaldwell@GreatGolfEvents.com, manager@thegrad.com, sgc@leroysprings.com, bubba@bubbasbbq.com, info@bobcatsbasketball.com, staff@chirocarecenter.net, zigman@ctc.net, deli1045@southerndeli.com, deli1051@southerndeli.com, deli1068@southerndeli.com, deli1072@southerndeli.com, deli1022@southerndeli.com, info@savvysalonanddayspa.com, customerservice@premiersalons.com, allstatealumni3on3@yahoo.com, mriddle@legacygolfmgmt.com, higgy@pga.com, deansigmon@tegacaygolfclub.com, frankheadley@pioneergolf.com, business@myscorecard.com, jgwalton@oasis-dayspa.com, mjcottonpa@hotmail.com, hunternc@perigee.net, contactus@wildwingcafe.com, info@soundsystemsinc.net

I’ll try to keep the list updated, so if anyone can find any post them and Ill add them here. Thanks. Note that *NEW SPONSOR is an email address of a WFNZ sponsor found since the last time some jackass posted something about Packer and I posted an old list.

My email (short and to the point):

[b][SIZE=2]The 35,000 regional members of the UNC Charlotte Community have targeted your business for a boycott because of its sponsorship of WFNZ 610AM. Charlotte fans are upset at WFNZ and the abrasive antics of radio personality Mark Packer. We will not support his afternoon show or any businesses that choose to advertise on the station while the show is on the air. We encourage you to contact WFNZ about canceling Mark Packers radio show and to better use your advertising dollars elsewhere.[/SIZE][/b]

Dont call his show, dont email the studio, dont email the sponsers with a long rant about how Packer Sucks blah, blah, blah. Posting daily updates of what he said on his show just adds fuel to the ‘forty whiner’ fire since he undoubtedly patrols here sometimes. Just email the athletic department drdevos@email.uncc.edu[SIZE=2] (704-687-4957) [/SIZE] and the contact the sponsers saying that you do not support his show.

STOP CALLING, STOP POSTING, STOP LISTENING!

You’re probably right…ignoring the bastard would be great. He just lies his a$$ off anyway.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 03:37 PM [b] the other guy said we lost to louisville and had lost 6 games. [/b]
Well, yes, the women's team did lose a heartbreaker to Louisville on Friday, but that was only their 5th loss of the season (versus 20 wins!). Come on dude, at least get your gender's correct! :P

Packer gets paid to stir things up. Posting about what he says, emailing sponsers, complaining about it does nothing to change it. I don’t care if he slams our team, although I think it shows poor taste from him & WFNZ both since they carry our games. I would be far more upset to hear those types of comments from Gary Williams.

If you really want Packer to STFU then you have 2 options. One is a power button. Turn it to the off postion. The other is a tuner button. Move it to another station.

This whole Packer BS reminds me of the scene in the Howard Stern movie Private Parts where the station wants to fire him, but his ratings are so good because everyone is tuning in to hear what he says next. If you want Packer off the air, don’t tune in. Bad ratings = cancelled shows.

ask him how Clemson is doing.

Darin Gant says Charlotte is on the buble if we lose to DePaul. He says they are in one of the worst conferences in the nation, and SOS is #120. He says a loss to ECU should disqualify Charlotte from the tourney. then Packer complains about “6 UNCC fans that always…” complain about him hating the 9ers. He then, of course, deflects this onto his cohosts and guests.

sorry for listening… It won’t happen again.

We can all see holes in all of these statements. However, if you talk to non-Niner sports fans in the region about this show, you will almost always get responses similar to ‘I don’t like’ or ‘its okay, but…’

There are a few thousand loyal listeners to this show that like it, but I argue that the majority of the listeners listen because there’s nothing good on the radio. The intelligent majority that listens to the show: 1) Doesn’t call in 2) Dislikes QCB and Fatseed 3) Know that these blowhards are (poor) entertainers who no little about Non-ACC/Panthers/NASCAR stories.

Don’t worry about these douchebags. If there was a good show on during this slot, PacMan would be ousted. This show doesn’t keep many fans away from Halton because Charlotte is a tepid sports town anyway.

[b]I am thinking about calling him and really getting under his skin on the air...jackass.[/b]

Would you people quit listening ang bitching about that loser.

Don’t call, don’t email and stop posting about him. Doing so is giving him exactly what he wants.

I agree for the 50 millionth time QUIT LISTENING TO THE SO CALLED SHOW and quit posting about it, PLEASE

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 04:44 PM [b] Darin Gant says Charlotte is on the buble if we lose to DePaul. He says they are in one of the worst conferences in the nation, and SOS is #120. He says a loss to ECU should disqualify Charlotte from the tourney. then Packer complains about "6 UNCC fans that always...." complain about him hating the 9ers. He then, of course, deflects this onto his cohosts and guests.

sorry for listening… It won’t happen again.

We can all see holes in all of these statements. However, if you talk to non-Niner sports fans in the region about this show, you will almost always get responses similar to ‘I don’t like’ or ‘its okay, but…’

There are a few thousand loyal listeners to this show that like it, but I argue that the majority of the listeners listen because there’s nothing good on the radio. The intelligent majority that listens to the show: 1) Doesn’t call in 2) Dislikes QCB and Fatseed 3) Know that these blowhards are (poor) entertainers who no little about Non-ACC/Panthers/NASCAR stories.

Don’t worry about these douchebags. If there was a good show on during this slot, PacMan would be ousted. This show doesn’t keep many fans away from Halton because Charlotte is a tepid sports town anyway. [/b]

I occasionally listen to what is being said about the niners. I do not recap it here, but if you decide to post something, atleast get it right and tell the whole story. Packer actually was pretty positive today and called Gant crazy about Charlotte being out of the tourny if we lost to Depaul.

One of the cool things about living in VA is that I know nothing of that show, unless someone posts about it here. :ticked:

[i]Originally posted by VA49er[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 09:40 PM [b] One of the cool things about living in VA is that I know nothing of that show, unless someone posts about it here. :ticked: [/b]
One of the cool things about having satelite radio is never having to listen to FNZ ever.

That was my one Pacman post. I’m done forever.

[i]Originally posted by BigTimeNiner[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 10:34 PM [b] I occasionally listen to what is being said about the niners. I do not recap it here, but if you decide to post something, atleast get it right and tell the whole story. Packer actually was pretty positive today and called Gant crazy about Charlotte being out of the tourny if we lost to Depaul. [/b]
You must of missed the part where right after he said we are 23 in the polls he tried to put it into perspective. He followed it up by saying the schools only been ranked for 18 entire weeks in the schools history. As compared to Clemson, the worst team in the ACC, they have been ranked in the top 10 for 18 weeks in schools history. Basicly saying Charlotte, even though they got ranked this week, still isn't as good as the worst team in the ACC.

He then called the Charlotte fan who sent him an email about that statement a moron because he never said that.

He also made a backhanded comment about only get e-mails from all 6 of the Charlotte fans.

Don’t be fooled, his complimentary comments are only the results of playing good cop versus bad cop.