Panther Tailgate for FSLs

OK So while we were at the Student Union talking up FSLS this past Saturday we discussed the idea of just tailgating at a Panther games with FSL info and 49er Banners and such. This would not really be an all out sales assault, I guess it could be though. I think our vision was getting a lot CLOSE to the stadium- preferably something on a corner, close to a sidewalk on the way up to the stadium and just hang out and be prepared to talk 49er football to people walking by and tailgaters. So a few things to ask the board -

Is this worth the time and effort?

What lot should we park at?

Who would be willing to come contribute about $10 to parking, hangout, drink and talk 49er football?

We can of course bring a TV to watch the game or head to Picā€™s or just break camp and head home once the game starts.

Thoughts???

Worth the time and effort? Sounds like a lot of fun - and if you sell FSLā€™s, thatā€™s a bonus.

Near Graham & Trade is a visible area with lots of traffic.

Yea, I told you at the Union, but Iā€™ll say again on here that Iā€™m totally down and think it is worth it.

I say we get the absolute best spot possible. If we are going to do it, letā€™s go for the most impact and most visibility.

I like the idea of hanging out there during the game. No telling how many stragglers we will get during the game, and we can also catch the crowd as they leave. Not to mention, if we are paying for a lot, might as well get the most out of money, eh?

OK So We have Cha and Bust who can come - who else?

I just got my season parking pass for the lot behind the Presto Grill on Graham and Trade. My spot is not as visable as others along Graham, but anywhere along there would be a good spot. I had already planned to wear my jersey to the first few games and carrying some brochures/ stickers around with me. I hada pretty decent response at the Fanfest a few weeks ago.

I also recently got a flagpole for tailgating that I plan on displaying my Panthers and Charlotte flags for all Panthers games. Also planning on breaking it out for the march/tailgate on campus Saturday.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;426641]OK So while we were at the Student Union talking up FSLS this past Saturday we discussed the idea of just tailgating at a Panther games with FSL info and 49er Banners and such. This would not really be an all out sales assault, I guess it could be though. I think our vision was getting a lot CLOSE to the stadium- preferably something on a corner, close to a sidewalk on the way up to the stadium and just hang out and be prepared to talk 49er football to people walking by and tailgaters. So a few things to ask the board -

Is this worth the time and effort?

What lot should we park at?

Who would be willing to come contribute about $10 to parking, hangout, drink and talk 49er football?

We can of course bring a TV to watch the game or head to Picā€™s or just break camp and head home once the game starts.

Thoughts???[/QUOTE]

Do you have a game on the schedule in mind?

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;426661]OK So We have Cha and Bust who can come - who else?[/QUOTE]

Iā€™ll have to let you know as you plan it. But yeah, let me know. Iā€™d like to join if I can.

[QUOTE=49erAlumnus;426678]Do you have a game on the schedule in mind?[/QUOTE]

Everyone? :naughty:

Im down for whenever we can get out there. Why not start this Saturday? We wont have many games to get out there before the ā€œDeadlineā€ so we should get out there asap.

This weekends game might be difficult to get a good spot on second thought. Because we will be at the March/Tailgate on campus until at least 5. But it wouldnt hurt just to go out there?

[QUOTE=Cha_49;426683]Everyone? :naughty:

Im down for whenever we can get out there. Why not start this Saturday? We wont have many games to get out there before the ā€œDeadlineā€ so we should get out there asap.[/QUOTE]

Rally on Campus this saturday.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;426684]Rally on Campus this saturday.[/QUOTE]

I edited my post to that lol

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;426684]Rally on Campus this saturday.[/QUOTE]

Rally ends at 5 and Panthers game at 8

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;426688]Rally ends at 5 and Panthers game at 8[/QUOTE]

Hmmm well that would be a LONG day of tailgating! I am down!

Hey we handed out flyers last year.
Tell me when, & Iā€™m there NWA. So should we all contribute to a food & beverage fund for us & strangers?

Bump.

Iā€™m down for going after the 2nd MTTE.

What are we up to now? 4-5 people? Me, NWA, Cha, SCK, Maybe C49erā€¦ Mr. Bojangles? bleedsgreenandgold?

Iā€™ll definitely come by and introduce myself, hangout for a few as long you guys are out there. Any solid choice for setting up camp?

[QUOTE=49or bust;427060]Bump.

What are we up to now? 4-5 people? Me, NWA, Cha, SCK, Maybe C49erā€¦ Mr. Bojangles? bleedsgreenandgold?[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m no good for this weekend. Iā€™m booked from about 12pm onā€¦but if it happens again, Iā€™ll certainly try.

i know the person that owns a bunch of lots around BOA stadium, maybe i could hook u guys up with some free parkin, let me know when u guys are plannin to do it and ill see what i can doā€¦

[QUOTE=49or bust;427060]Bump.

What are we up to now? 4-5 people? Me, NWA, Cha, SCK, Maybe C49erā€¦ Mr. Bojangles? bleedsgreenandgold?[/QUOTE]

If you guys are close by, I will try to stop by for a few. Iā€™m really trying to sell my Panther tailgating buddies and the folks who are around us. I think I can talk them in to it.

[QUOTE=timelessefforts;427086]i know the person that owns a bunch of lots around BOA stadium, maybe i could hook u guys up with some free parkin, let me know when u guys are plannin to do it and ill see what i can doā€¦[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! Hook us up! I am thinking this weekend is out since most of us will be on campus for a pretty good while. I say we target game 1 of reg season!