Panthers Trade I Was Thinking Of.....

:lmao: hans girl... only a few more games of him....

one less since FSU beat them.

True story. I’ve heard a rumor from a very reliable source that Peppers terrible 2007 season was because he was battling VD.

I like Jay Cutler, but I think that a Peppers for Cutler trade would cripple our defense that was already starting to struggle. Our offense would be incredible with Cutler though.

I don’t know that keeping a player and overpaying him $17 million for one year when he does not want to be there is any better than trading him for high value. I would prefer they sign three defensive linemen for $17 mil that will add depth and skill instead of sinking all that money into one player. Peppers will get better skilled, but those knees, hamstrings and groins won’t.

I just saw on espn that we may trade Peppers to New England for the 34th overall pick in the draft.

I just saw on espn that we may trade Peppers to New England for the 34th overall pick in the draft.

Not a bad trade. if nobody else is up to it.

I can’t see Peppers being worth just a 2nd round pick. The Pats have three 2nd round picks. I saw they need to give us at least two 2nd round picks for him. Or at the very least a 2nd and a 3rd rounder.

I can't see Peppers being worth just a 2nd round pick. The Pats have three 2nd round picks. I saw they need to give us at least two 2nd round picks for him. Or at the very least a 2nd and a 3rd rounder.

I mean, I agree. Wish we could get a low 1st and 3rd at least. But if absolutely nobody is willing to trade, then the Panthers might as well get something. We all knew that the preferred course was to Franchise Tag him then trade him. That $16 million would make a ton of room for others, and any pick would be more than what is currently owned.

In the NFL the only time a trade happens where equal value is traded is when it comes out of nowhere (Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis). This is extremely rare.

The reason the Panthers can’t get much for Peppers is because he wants out, so the Panther’s don’t have the leverage they would have if they shopped him without the demands of the player.

Same thing goes for Cutler now, the Broncos are going to have a tough time getting something close to his value.