Partnership With Tailgate Guys

Charlotte 49ers have partnered up with Tailgate Guys for "turnkey, premium tailgate services. " Premium tailgate items and services, including a bellhop service, turnkey setup & takedown, high peak tents, and more for groups as small as five guests to large-scale events hosting 1,000-plus guests.

Looks like they had a good relationship with Hill down in Gainsville.

1 Like

clt says this will be perfect for folks that want to take the light rail (if working) and not carry things to stadium

2 Likes

I like the move and hope it means weā€™ll see even more tents and people tailgating. Every move that improves the atmosphere is worth it.

Wonder how this will affect the Alumni Pavilion?

Not a whole lot Iā€™d imagine. Tailgate Guys setups are pretty expensive from what I see online. They even have bellhop service and parking, and a lot of their packages donā€™t include food. Theyā€™re more for the big business guys that Hill will be bringing in or sororities/frats/other groups to have reunions. Definitely a good thing though.

I donā€™t think this will affect attendance at the Pavilion. The Tailgate Guys is a great option, but it can be costly. The Tailgate Guys direct website with Charlotte do not show pricing, but I did a little research and it looks like packages start between $400-600 and go up to $10k+. A party of 5 can spend a total of $125 for the Pavilion (all-inclusive) vs $500 plus not including drinks or food. Although pricey, I think it is a great option to haveā€¦personally I can see myself using this service for special games or celebrations where a bigger set up is needed.

https://tailgateguys.com/home/charlotte49ers

The types of people/entities that use these will also be the ones most likely to get suites. Itā€™s good to see Hill building these relationships.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Mike Hill has a few folks already in mind for a service like this. You are exactly right Chidave, suites are coming!!!

I hope they fly Niner flags.

I like having many options. Wasnā€™t there a story a couple of months ago about some promotional deal with Hendrick Honda that was going to be announced? I bought a Honda from them in March, and they told me they host a tailgate at the Panthers games and invite their customers with food and fun (no alcohol, so you decide how fun that is), but I hope they are doing something similar with us.

clt bets they have the fancy sloppy joe.

and dijon ketchups!

I wonder if opposing teamsā€™ Alumni orgs or Booster Clubs will be able to purchase these larger packages when they come to visit?

https://tailgateguys.com/home/locations

Noteworthy that they are using just the C-pick, not the C-49ers logo. They also only work with 4 other G5 programs: Colorado State, UCF, USF & UConn.

1 Like

clt says we are in the same league as the defending national champs!

:yum:

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/07/16/tailgating-with-the-charlotte-49ers-just-got.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMTWT_CH&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5b4c81c004d301052a36077c&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Menā€™s and Womenā€™s Basketball tailgates next to me so I will be curious to see if they use this service as a way to get the relationship started.

Mike Hill said during interview at Fan Fest that sales are going well (outpacing an unnamed Big X school at this point) and that they have expressed interest in expanding their area. Also reiterated this is not only for ā€œbig donorsā€ but is ideal for groups that want to take Light Rail and tailgate.

2 Likes