pat forde on bobby

Good article about the A-10:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3241590&sportCat=ncb

Here is the dirt on Bobby:

Bobby Lutz (21), Charlotte. The move out of Conference USA hasn’t been kind to the 49ers. They are better this year than last, but after losses to Monmouth, Hofstra, Tulsa and Richmond, they look like they will miss the Big Dance for the third straight year as a member of the Atlantic 10. Lutz has been around for a lot of very good times in Charlotte, but they seem like a long time ago now.

All in all, I really can’t disagree, since 1998 I have not seen Bobby be able to tell a player to STOP SHOOTING.

It is what it is.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;294303]Good article about the A-10:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3241590&sportCat=ncb

Here is the dirt on Bobby:

Bobby Lutz (21), Charlotte. The move out of Conference USA hasn’t been kind to the 49ers. They are better this year than last, but after losses to Monmouth, Hofstra, Tulsa and Richmond, they look like they will miss the Big Dance for the third straight year as a member of the Atlantic 10. Lutz has been around for a lot of very good times in Charlotte, but they seem like a long time ago now.

All in all, I really can’t disagree, since 1998 I have not seen Bobby be able to tell a player to STOP SHOOTING.[/QUOTE]

Pat Riley never told John Starks to stop shooting…

The truth sometimes hurts…ouch! Wonder if Bobby read this and rolled his eyes? Or called Forde an idiot?

Well, that really shows how much Forde has NOT been paying attention to what’s happening with Lutz & Co. this season. Hmmm…

Well, that really shows how much Forde has NOT been paying attention to what's happening with Lutz & Co. this season. Hmmm...

Agreed.

Pat Riley never told John Starks to stop shooting...

OK, so you’re comparing Bobby to Pat Riley, and John Starks to Lee (I’m guessing)? That’s a little far-fetched.

[QUOTE=run49er;294319]Well, that really shows how much Forde has NOT been paying attention to what’s happening with Lutz & Co. this season. Hmmm…[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I was thinking. We might still miss the tourney, but we are miles from where were were last year at this time.

Well, that really shows how much Forde has NOT been paying attention to what's happening with Lutz & Co. this season. Hmmm...

Why? Because he has told someone to stop shooting? Oh, or he’s told them to just stop taking bad shots? I’m sorry, but Forde made a very true statement here.

Not a bad summary of the state of the program from Forde.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;294321]OK, so you’re comparing Bobby to Pat Riley, and John Starks to Lee (I’m guessing)? That’s a little far-fetched.[/QUOTE]

My point being you don’t tell your top shooter to stop shooting, it kills confidence. That is Bobby’s approach.

If he ran a different system, then him telling his top shooter to stop shooting might be acceptable, but Lutz runs a system that depends on forgetting your last miss.

Quoting the exact passage by Forde on Lutz…

[b]Relationships On The Rocks[/b]

Other coaches who might be headed to divorce court at season’s end:

Sorry, but I don’t agree with Forde’s assessment that Bobby might be fired at season’s end.

Forde is so high on his own arrogance he smells his own farts as if it were Cool Water. He never does anything but count the number of times he can name drop, specifically Ashley Judd at UK games. If the guy still thinks UK is great, thats all you need to know about his opinion.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;294333]Forde is so high on his own arrogance he smells his own farts as if it were Cool Water. He never does anything but count the number of times he can name drop, specifically Ashley Judd at UK games. If the guy still thinks UK is great, thats all you need to know about his opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yes that does sound like Dick Vitale reasoning

Some, not all, seem to have a hard time hearing anything negative about our program. Barring a major run, this will be the 3rd straight year of no NCAA berth. We have struggled in the A-10 since moving. We have had a VERY good year compared to the past two. That doesn’t excuse the past two years and it doesn’t change the good things that happened this year. This year has been tremendous but not everyone has forgotten the past two.

I’m switching to Switchfoot. 'Nuff said.

Sorry, but I don't agree with Forde's assessment that Bobby might be fired at season's end.
Yeah, I thought that we were all mad at Judy and Phil this week for not getting the contract signed already. Was that last week? I can't keep up.
Some, not all, seem to have a hard time hearing anything negative about our program. Barring a major run, this will be the 3rd straight year of no NCAA berth. We have struggled in the A-10 since moving. We have had a VERY good year compared to the past two. That doesn't excuse the past two years and it doesn't change the good things that happened this year. This year has been tremendous but not everyone has forgotten the past two.

I have no problem with negativity aimed at this program, I aim my fair share as well, but my comment had nothing to do with his comment about our program. Read a number of his columns, they do nothing for you and it’s a contest for him to just throw out names, like a teenager on a radio station doing shout-outs to their buddies. He is hardly anyway to lend an expert opinion.

Some, not all, seem to have a hard time hearing anything negative about our program. Barring a major run, this will be the 3rd straight year of no NCAA berth. We have struggled in the A-10 since moving. We have had a VERY good year compared to the past two. That doesn't excuse the past two years and it doesn't change the good things that happened this year. This year has been tremendous but not everyone has forgotten the past two.

We finished 2nd in the A10 2 years ago…not that bad…

We finished 2nd in the A10 2 years ago....not that bad....

Last year was really the only bad year, I think we won 19 or 20 games two years ago.