Petrino is Anal.

I admit wearing a UF hat to a Arkansas press conference was stupid, but pitching a fit, & getting the lady fired was a bit extreme.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/In-Arkansas-thou-shalt-not-wear-a-rival-hat-to-?urn=ncaaf-262820

Actually I think Petrino was half joking with her. If you go to a University’s coach’s presser you can’t wear ANY other school’s gear. Now firing her was a bit extreme but perhaps that’s what she was going for. A lawsuit and a new job at a Florida radio or even TV station…

I’ll say this much, I expect Judy, Coach Major and whom ever is our football coach to rip anyone wearing any other team’s gear at our pressers.

She’s the douche who wore the hat.

I heard this on the radio and about drove off the road I thought it was so awesome. If coach Major got went off on some skank for wearing a Davidson, Chapel Hill, etc hat at his presser, he would immediately elevate to legendary God-like status.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:1, topic:23751”]I admit wearing a UF hat to a Arkansas press conference was stupid, but pitching a fit, & getting the lady fired was a bit extreme.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/In-Arkansas-thou-shalt-not-wear-a-rival-hat-to-?urn=ncaaf-262820[/quote]

You would want our coach to do the same thing if someone came in wearing a UNC-CH hat to one of our press conferences.

you bet! and i’d want him to do it in a classy way. no s**t-fits or rants. just pointed and classy!!!

A Charlotte coach complaining is different because our coaches know you won’t get fired for them bringing it up, like you would in redneck Arkansas.

What’s that got to do with it being uncouth to wear the hat to the press conference in the first place? The principal is still the same. This chick is incredibly calculating or totally naive. Listening to her interview on radio I have a hard time believing she didn’t know how this would be viewed. Her main excuse was that she had been to a Florida press conferences before “and there were people with Miami and Florida State gear on”. I’d have to see that to believe it, too. If she’s a member of the media, she should not really be supporting any team that she’s covering, and definitely not an archrival of the team she actually does cover. Given that she worked for Hog Radio, she should have definitely known better.

At first glance I thought this thread said “Pitino Loves Anal” and was going to be about him putting his pork sword in another random broad in that bathroom of a Bob Evans

I have no problem with this at all. I also heard that she Tweeted that she wished she worked for UF radio instead.

I heard about the UF Tweet, Normmm, but I just don’t think she’s that stupid.

He didn’t pitch a fit. He made a small comment about it. He didn’t get her fired. All he did was make a comment and that could have been the end of it. Her boss is the one who decided to fire her.

She did that on her personal Twitter account, but she did post it.

He didn’t pitch a fit. He made a small comment about it. He didn’t get her fired. All he did was make a comment and that could have been the end of it. Her boss is the one who decided to fire her.[/quote]

There was also a call from the Arkansas athletic department to the radio station that also has not been mentioned. Don’t know that Petrino was behind it, but my guess is that the representative from the athletic department kindly informed the radio station that they might better look into hiring someone else if they wanted to be allowed to continue to have access to cover Razorback sports. Arkansas is an “at-will” state, so you can be fired for pretty much anything. Stupidity is a fireable offense there.