Peyton MVP again?

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3805670[/URL]

:blink: So a guy comes 16 yards within breaking the all time passing yards record and leads the league in TD’s and he doesn’t win MVP? Bree’s got robbed, and I’m a Panther fan.

1-20 all time when trailing in the 4th quarter. That’s not all his fault, but there is more to MVP than flashy numbers. The Saints missed the playoffs with him just as they would have without him. You take Manning from the Colts and they’re 6-10 at best. It was deserved IMO. Deangelo is the only other person in the league just as valuable to his team this season.

Disregard what I said, I am an idiot.

It’s Most Valuable Player, not Best Individual Preformance. It shouldn’t necessarily go to the best player on the best team, but it should almost always go to somebody on a playoff team. Manning’s impact is obvious, he was hurt for the first part of the season trying to recover from knee surgery, but still manages some crazy comeback wins. Once he starts to get fully healthy the team doesn’t lose the last two months of the season. It was an easy choice this year, put another QB in New Orleans with Coltson, Moore and a good running game and they will still win 5-7 games. Put another QB in Indy and the Colts could have gone 4-12. They’re down to one good WR and they have Clark, that’s it, no running game to speak of and a shaky defense.

I think it was a pretty easy call this year, Manning should have won by a landslide, and he did.

[QUOTE=Niner National;373583]1-20 all time when trailing in the 4th quarter. That’s not all his fault, but there is more to MVP than flashy numbers. The Saints missed the playoffs with him just as they would have without him. You take Manning from the Colts and they’re 6-10 at best. It was deserved IMO. Deangelo is the only other person in the league just as valuable to his team this season.[/QUOTE]

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11215518

Can someone tell me how Deangelo or even Adrian Peterson for that matter don’t even get a vote? I can understand Peyton winning and Michael Turner and Chris Johnson receiving votes but Kurt Warner and Chad Pennington receiving votes is complete garbage. Warner has arguably the best group of wide receivers in the league and they are still one of the worst divisional winners in the league this season. I didn’t watch many Dolphins games this year but didn’t they go to they win several games with the wildcat offense?

I just don’t see how the leagues leading rusher and the third leading rusher and leader in both rushing and total touchdowns don’t even recieve a vote.

[QUOTE=mightymitchfan;373592]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11215518

Can someone tell me how Deangelo or even Adrian Peterson for that matter don’t even get a vote? I can understand Peyton winning and Michael Turner and Chris Johnson receiving votes but Kurt Warner and Chad Pennington receiving votes is complete garbage. Warner has arguably the best group of wide receivers in the league and they are still one of the worst divisional winners in the league this season. I didn’t watch many Dolphins games this year but didn’t they go to they win several games with the wildcat offense?

I just don’t see how the leagues leading rusher and the third leading rusher and leader in both rushing and total touchdowns don’t even recieve a vote.[/QUOTE]

It is easy to understand how someone who didn’t watch Dolphins’ games could think that the wildcat won them games, but Pennington was way more important on offense. The wildcat really only won the Patriots game.

[QUOTE=mightymitchfan;373592]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11215518

I just don’t see how the leagues leading rusher and the third leading rusher and leader in both rushing and total touchdowns don’t even recieve a vote.[/QUOTE]

Adrian Peterson had NINE fumbles. NINE. You don’t deserve a vote if you turn the ball over that often. Williams should have gotten some votes, but the Panthers were still winning games before he lit it up in the second half of the season. The Colts started slow as Manning as coming back from injury, but when he got healthy they were nearly unstoppable.

[URL]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11215518[/URL]

I just don’t see how the leagues leading rusher and the third leading rusher and leader in both rushing and total touchdowns don’t even recieve a vote.

I don’t know what you read:

[QUOTE] Manning finished far ahead of Miami quarterback Chad Pennington and Atlanta running back Michael Turner, each of whom received four votes. Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison and Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson each got three votes. San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers (2); Tennessee rookie running back Chris Johnson (1); and Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner (1) also earned votes.
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]HELL YEAHHHH :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: [B]GO COLTS[/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=kissmekait20;373628][COLOR=blue]HELL YEAHHHH :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: [B]GO COLTS[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

booo

Indys schedule played into them playing well down the stretch too…last 5 games were against aweful teams…Detroit, Cincy, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Houston…give me a frickin break, the love for Peyton is sickening. Is he a great QB…hell yes. MVP landslide? They barely beat the Browns with 10 points, 7 of them coming from the defense. How? I thought it was one of his down years. I’de vote for A. Peterson. 9 guys in the box, and he still leads the NFL in rushing, with Gus at QB.

F*** Brees.
Smith set up all of our 2 RB’s TD’s by getting us close in double & triple coverage because our QB is too stupid to throw to the open man. Steve Smith should be the damn league MVP. Hell Peyton wasn’t even healthy for 1/2 the damn season.

peyton sucks eli sucks kait sucks

yeah, i went there

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;373649]F*** Brees.
Smith set up all of our 2 RB’s TD’s by getting us close in double & triple coverage because our QB is too stupid to throw to the open man. Steve Smith should be the damn league MVP. Hell Peyton wasn’t even healthy for 1/2 the damn season.[/QUOTE]

agreed, smith is a monster, but that’s more the reason to put peyton at mvp. when he struggled, his team did, but when he started to play well, they made the playoffs. i mean, the lions may have made the playoffs with peyton… okay maybe not, but they would’ve at least won a game.