Phaler to Charlotte

http://unm.facebook.com/search.php?q=phaler&d if you have face book, cool pic too.

[i]Originally posted by Jordan_NinerReport[/i]@Sep 29 2005, 05:56 PM [b] Charlotte just got a commitment from 6-9 forward Sean Phaler from the class of 2006. It's a huge commitment for the Niners with the recent loss of Mitch Mullis. Phaler originally committed to UCLA out of high school, and after a bad car accident ended up at New Mexico, where he played sparingly. He spent two seasons there and is now at Fullerton JUCO. He will have two years of eligibility when he arrives at Charlotte, and should give the Niners another outside threat with his shooting ability. And he can SHOOT it!

Weā€™re talking to him later tonight and will have a lot more up after that. [/b]

The Observerā€™s going to break this story wide openā€¦any day now.

Call us the West Coast 49ers. Anderson and now Phaler. I like it.

[i]Originally posted by BPfor3[/i]@Oct 4 2005, 08:52 PM [b] The Observer's going to break this story wide open...any YEAR now. [/b]
Fixed.

B)

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Oct 4 2005, 08:56 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Oct 4 2005, 08:56 PM)

Nice write-up. Is Tysiac the new Charlotte guy? B)

Not badā€¦

And not goodā€¦

It took them over a week to do a story and tell us things we already knew? I hate dwelling but this paper is pretty sad.

I know itā€™s like Duh, but man thatā€™s justā€¦ Bad.

[i]Originally posted by 82NinerAlum[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 11:44 AM [b] And not good...

It took them over a week to do a story and tell us things we already knew? I hate dwelling but this paper is pretty sad.

I know itā€™s like Duh, but man thatā€™s justā€¦ Bad. [/b]

Iā€™m going to give the Big O a break on this one. Those stories arenā€™t for us ā€“ we already know whatā€™s going on. It gets the word out to the average Charlotte-area sports fan that somethingā€™s happening in northeast Charlotte. When I opened up the paper this morning and saw the article on Phaler prominently displayed on page 3, I was pleasantly surprised.

BTW, there was also a mention of Charles Dewhurst in the paper as well (re: Bojanglesā€™ Shootout @ Charlotte Latin in December), noting that heā€™s a Charlotte commitment.

Mike, just keep 'em coming!

GO NINERS!!!

He looks like Plavich, Jr.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 12:04 PM [b] He looks like Plavich, Jr. [/b]
His Dad would need a longer broomstick though.
[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Oct 5 2005, 01:16 PM [b] His Dad would need a longer broomstick though. [/b]
Good one... :smirk: