Phil Dubois Resignation Call

I am flabbergasted after just reading Phil Dubois’ May newsletter.

[U]The highlights:[/U]
the budget is tight, we hired some people, EPIC is not approved, a few alumni won some awards (which I would assume from past experience- they were mistakenly publicized as UNCCH grads?), we are diverse, he got his uptown building, he notes the new online community (though NNN would never get a note-tic)

what in the sam hell happened with STAMATS? $250,000 later and we are [B]more irrelevant[/B] than we were 10 years ago!!!

The UNC Charlotte “brand” is suffering. The single greatest issue to this school and our time (and the value of mine and your diploma) is not even mentioned. Meanwhile ASU, ECU, State, and other in state schools continue to have their own unique flavor and brand.

I have not even mentioned your lame effort/half hearted attempt at supporting the 2nd most improtant issue- football.

Mr Dubois, resign. Your eye is not on the ball. You’re an academic and we need a salesman.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=Green]GO UNIVERSITY OF CHARLOTTE![/COLOR]
[/B][/CENTER]

I’ll second the motion!

I nominate Nido Qubein!

I mean have you seriously logged into UNCC.org? My kids school website is better. No joke.

I third the motion! I would like to add to his credentials that JRose showed him up as far as football articles go. Realism is great, but when you are trying to [I][B]convince [/B][/I]people to pay up, his method was WAY off cue. I am glad Rose spoke up. You can’t ask for people to empty their pockets with no effort put forth and complain that they aren’t giving and threatten to take it away. I have not felt at any point that the chancellor was going to stake out new territory and lead the university to being a prominent university that has it’s own identity. Sure things have happened under his tenure that are great, but I don’t see where he deserves sole credit for it. And I believe that those projects/accomplishments would have happened regardless of who was sitting in that chair.

About the only thing I do give him credit for is answering his own emails in a timely matter. But even those responses can show his true colors and be full of patronizing, sarcastic jibberish. Lead by example I say. You get a freaking house, free tickets to everything and a decent salary… Yet, where does he fall on the donor list? Take a look and see, it published annually. From his history of rehtoric, I would assume he would push an alumnus in the same financial standing to donate more. Lead by example!

Mr. Dubois,

You let your office down before you even moved in. “I am here for the sake of the entire University of North Carolina System, not just this particular University.”

Chancellor Dubois, you were appointed to be the chancellor of a university, not the manager of a franchise restaurant.

I third the motion! I would like to add to his credentials that JRose showed him up as far as football articles go. Realism is great, but when you are trying to [I][B]convince [/B][/I]people to pay up, his method was WAY off cue. I am glad Rose spoke up. You can't ask for people to empty their pockets with no effort put forth and complain that they aren't giving and threatten to take it away. I have not felt at any point that the chancellor was going to stake out new territory and lead the university to being a prominent university that has it's own identity. Sure things have happened under his tenure that are great, but I don't see where he deserves sole credit for it. And I believe that those projects/accomplishments would have happened regardless of who was sitting in that chair.

About the only thing I do give him credit for is answering his own emails in a timely matter. But even those responses can show his true colors and be full of patronizing, sarcastic jibberish. Lead by example I say. You get a freaking house, free tickets to everything and a decent salary… Yet, where does he fall on the donor list? Take a look and see, it published annually. From his history of rehtoric, I would assume he would push an alumnus in the same financial standing to donate more. Lead by example!

Agree 100%

The man has embarrassed our school on a consistent basis almost since day one.

Take a hike Phil!

How many FSLs has he purchased anyway?

Hopefully none, because that would mean he doesn’t plan to stick around until 2013 anyway…

Are we starting the RPDI now? Remove Phil Dubios Initiative

[QUOTE=thelew1014;411743]Mr. Dubois,

You let your office down before you even moved in. “I am here for the sake of the entire University of North Carolina System, not just this particular University.”

Chancellor Dubois, you were appointed to be the chancellor of a university, not the manager of a franchise restaurant.[/QUOTE]

MEET

It would be nice if this thread would be enough to pressure his resignation, but we all know that it won’t happen.

However, if anybody (particularly a legal mind) would like to help me draft a petition, as well as campaign for signatures from alumni and students, I would love to work on this. He should have never received the key to the Chancellor’s Mansion.

It would be nice if this thread would be enough to pressure his resignation, but we all know that it won't happen.

However, if anybody (particularly a legal mind) would like to help me draft a petition, as well as campaign for signatures from alumni and students, I would love to work on this. He should have never received the key to the Chancellor’s Mansion.

provide any official pressure? no

make him feel uncomfortable around 49er lifers…YES (people read this board)

if you are a true 49er, there is not a fraction of this guy that you should welcome - he wants to be 1/16th of something.

App, ECU, and State are “staking their claim” and he is ok “serving the region” (whatever the freak that means)

[QUOTE=metro;411750]provide any official pressure? no

make him feel uncomfortable around 49er lifers…YES (people read this board)

if you are a true 49er, there is not a fraction of this guy that you should welcome - he wants to be 1/16th of something.

App, ECU, and State are “staking their claim” and he is ok “serving the region” (whatever the freak that means)[/QUOTE]

I don’t want him to feel uncomfortable. I want him to feel unwelcome. I want him gone.

I’ll write the petition, alone if I have to, and I trust that I can count on your signature?

I agree that he should be gone but shouldn’t we be concentrating on football right now? Making this effort work should make him uncomfortable for the time being. Once we have our team we can truly make him feel unwelcomed.

Is the newsletter online?

Is the newsletter online?
[URL=http://www.administration.uncc.edu/chancellor/Newsletters/2009%20Spring%20Newsletter%20electronic%20copy%20%283%29-5-25-09%20rev.pdf]http://www.administration.uncc.edu/chancellor/Newsletters/2009%20Spring%20Newsletter%20electronic%20copy%20(3)-5-25-09%20rev.pdf[/URL]

again, I don’t oppose much of what he said…but where is the promise to further our brand? It is the SINGLE greatest problem UC faces.

I have posted this in other threads and I think it gets lost in the shuffle.

Before we can expect change from the top (CHP) we need to change the Unviersity’s mission statement. The reason CHP harps on being a part of the UNC system and serving regional needs is because that is the mission of our university. Until that is updated to the 21st Century, we are going to get questionable leadership.

My God I would be ecstatic if he resigned.

He needs to wake up to the struggle our crappy name creates, try to actually sell the university and football to the community, and show some pride in the U over the “mothership”. He will do none of those, so I want him GONE.

Before we can expect change from the top (CHP) we need to change the Unviersity’s mission statement. The reason CHP harps on being a part of the UNC system and serving regional needs is because that is the mission of our university. Until that is updated to the 21st Century, we are going to get questionable leadership.

I can’t even find ours:lmao:

hear is App’s
http://www1.appstate.edu/dept/irp/planning/MissionStatement.pdf

tried to find our mission statement…looksee what I get:

[QUOTE]
Did you mean: [U][I][B]UNC[/B][/I] Mission Statement [/U]?
[/QUOTE]

Wow. Even Google is mocking us.