Phillips and Ogunjobi make All Conference team

Well deserved too.

Also

VERY well deserved indeed. Two studs.

Congrats to these two. I am so glad to see these guys in Niner green.

It seems even more impressive when you consider we never won a conference game. Congrats!

I’m not really an NFL watcher. Does Ogunjobi have the size to play in the NFL at his current position?

Forget who it was- but someone last month called Phillips a top 20 RB in nation? He’s 3-4 best in CUSA

Nice to see some all CUSA guys.

Pretty common to spread some love in conf awards.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:6, topic:30026”]Forget who it was- but someone last month called Phillips a top 20 RB in nation? He’s 3-4 best in CUSA

Nice to see some all CUSA guys.[/quote]

I’d really like to see what Philips could do with a passing game to help him out, teams would stack to box so much against him.

Makes it even more pathetic that we couldn’t effectively pass the ball.

These two guys earned it with their play. Too early to tell for sure, but would not be surprised to see both of them drafted after next season.

Larry dominated Kyle Friend (AA candidate center) from Temple. At least at this level, he is legit.

He and Kalif will both likely be preseason 1st teamers in 2016.

Very stout accomplishment that these two young men shpuld be extremely proud of. Congratulations to both.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:6, topic:30026”]Forget who it was- but someone last month called Phillips a top 20 RB in nation? He’s 3-4 best in CUSA

Disagree with this. He missed three games. He puts up stats like he did in the first nine and he gets a huge look at first team. Those other dudes were running behind guys on the all CUSA team and qb’s that didn’t allow defenses to stack the box. I watched a lot of CUSA football this season and never saw a rb better than Phillips.

[quote=“Tintin, post:11, topic:30026”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:6, topic:30026”]Forget who it was- but someone last month called Phillips a top 20 RB in nation? He’s 3-4 best in CUSA

Disagree with this. He missed three games. He puts up stats like he did in the first nine and he gets a huge look at first team. Those other dudes were running behind guys on the all CUSA team and qb’s that didn’t allow defenses to stack the box. I watched a lot of CUSA football this season and never saw a rb better than Phillips.[/quote]

it was me and i called him top ten and i stand by that. there is absolutely no rb in cusa better than him. look at the stats he put up on a bad team with no rb.

Top ten RB in NCAA.

K

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:13, topic:30026”]Top ten RB in NCAA.

K[/quote]

i forgot, we love to bad mouth our own players.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:14, topic:30026”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:13, topic:30026”]Top ten RB in NCAA.

K[/quote]

i forgot, we love to bad mouth our own players.[/quote]
Who bad mouthed?

Great player

[quote=“Tintin, post:11, topic:30026”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:6, topic:30026”]Forget who it was- but someone last month called Phillips a top 20 RB in nation? He’s 3-4 best in CUSA

Disagree with this. He missed three games. He puts up stats like he did in the first nine and he gets a huge look at first team. Those other dudes were running behind guys on the all CUSA team and qb’s that didn’t allow defenses to stack the box. I watched a lot of CUSA football this season and never saw a rb better than Phillips.[/quote]

He was awfully good running against stacked defenses. There may be a couple of the top backs who are a little quicker than he is, but he runs with more power and determination than any other back in CUSA. We’re lucky to have him.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:16, topic:30026”][quote=“Tintin, post:11, topic:30026”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:6, topic:30026”]Forget who it was- but someone last month called Phillips a top 20 RB in nation? He’s 3-4 best in CUSA

He was awfully good running against stacked defenses. There may be a couple of the top backs who are a little quicker than he is, but he runs with more power and determination than any other back in CUSA. We’re lucky to have him.[/quote]

I would have put him on the first team just for the run against USM that was called back.
He powered the the line, broke tackles to the sideline, caught a wide receiver block, got loose and them split two Eagle db’s, stiff arming the last one to the ground while stepping into the end zone.

We weren’t big time in a lot of ways, but this dude was big time.