Pigford suspension

An article on the Observer online says that the school has suspended
Pigford over parking violations? What a-hole decided this? Is the school
really this misguided that they can justify suspending him for an entire semester?

WTF!?!?

is that to imply that he should get special treatment? or that noone should be suspended for parking violations?

Send the tickets to the state of NC and let the DMV handle it like other schools. Suspend his license if he doesn’t pay it. Don’t let him renew his vehicle registration. How is that different than someone charging their school books on a credit card and not paying off the balance. It’s the bank’s job to collect, not the schools. That being said, how hard headed can someone be to not pay off tickets if they were threatened with suspension. How much are six tickets, $300 max?

depends on where he parked, handicap parking could run up the bill. I do think it is dumb he was suspended for it.

If it was tickets on campus then the money goes to the school. He has several (6 tickets) so I think it is appropriate to keep him out until the spring semester. He should have told coach when he got a parking ticket, or his dad, but it sounds like he tried to hide it and he was caught. Hopefully he will learn something and contribute to the team as we get into the conference sched. If I was his dad there would be no way I would sue the school over this. I would tell my son to get his act together and take responsibility for his actions.

The article said he is back in school/classes now and has not been dismissed from the team entirely, but has for the semester as it stands. Bobby was quoted say that if something occurs(or something has to occur) he can get back on the team. Which I took it to mean that if the tickets are paid then he can get back on the team. So if that is the case, let raise some money and pay the tickets so we can get his ass back on the court before the season starts…someone set up a paypal fund and I will donate.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 05:31 PM [b] Which I took it to mean that if the tickets are paid then he can get back on the team. So if that is the case, let raise some money and pay the tickets so we can get his ass back on the court before the season starts...someone set up a paypal fund and I will donate. [/b]
i really hope you are joking. he can pay his own damn parking tickets.

he shouldnt have gotten SIX friggin tickets in the first place

Kinda, but I don’t want to see campus parking tickets hold he/the team back. Since they came from on campus, half of them are probably not valid/his fault anyway.

Pcon, I think I got 2 parking tickets in 4 years on campus, and they were both my fault, even though I argued one of them (and lost). But I paid them, and didn’t get suspended.

I am not sure if that’s how they would handle all students, but if so, then he needs to be a big boy and take care of it.

Paying them would also constitute a violation of NCAA rules too, so please, no one get generous.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 07:18 PM [b] he needs to be a big boy and take care of it. [/b]
exactly
[i]Originally posted by WorldCup[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 10:40 AM [b] An article on the Observer online says that the school has suspended Pigford over parking violations? What a-hole decided this? Is the school really this misguided that they can justify suspending him for an entire semester?

WTF!?!? [/b]

It runs a bit deeper than what that article states, however I won’t write anything else because I promised I wouldn’t.
Scholarship players don’t get suspended for a few parking tickets.

No doubt Pi! Don’t know the whole story, so I’m not going to make an assumption here.

PI. I have been thinking that ever since I read the article. There is no way you get suspended for a whole semester for unpaid parking tickets. I have no idea what the real story is but after reading that article I would have to call BS. Unpaid parking tickets and parking in a handicapped space is not grounds for losing a whole semester and bringing a lawsuit and losing your number.

Heck Chris Rix parked in a handicap space, got caught, and did again the next week and only missed one game.

I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head but that would be pure speculation and I am not going to do that but things that would fit that length of suspension. Hmmm…

Interesting the Observer ran that story. Lutz usually keeps things very tight lipped and deals with these issues internally. I wonder who called the Observer about this story??

Anyway the beat goes on. College athletes today.

Ditto PI’s note. Pigford is not out merely for parking tickets. That was the start of it, and while it is nothing “major”, sometimes little things add up to a whole lot.

Does anyone know if he will be available for next semester? I haven’t seen any official announcement.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Nov 6 2004, 06:31 PM [b] ...someone set up a paypal fund and I will donate. [/b]
I like the idea of pcon paying off the tickets. Someone needs to get the word to the people at this college that people in wheelchairs are not going to score any points. I am tired of the arrogant handicapped people thinking they are better than the rest of the students anyway. If any of them dont like Pigford taking their spaces, let them duke it out with him.

Wow. I’m framing that one, gamer.

[i]Originally posted by gamer+Nov 8 2004, 10:05 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (gamer @ Nov 8 2004, 10:05 AM)