Pitt Basketball

Seven players from Pitt have asked for a release due to coaching change. That only leaves 3 players left on scholarship and two of them hardly played this year.

Hope this is not us next year.

Moved to college sports.

Note that new coach could retain some of those guys too. Price had a chance, just didn’t land’em.

Lets hope that is not us too. Maybe we can acquire a player or two if they end up getting released. One can hope.

If we hire a current head coach they could very well bring current recruits or transfers with them.

2 Likes

From what I have been told by players on the bball team, they all loved how Hill reached out to them and talked one on one with them either over the phone or in person. I think that alone goes a long ways in terms of keeping them here.
I do not expect a mass exodus like what happened when Majors was let go.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:5, topic:32495, full:true”]
From what I have been told by players on the bball team, they all loved how Hill reached out to them and talked one on one with them either over the phone or in person. I think that alone goes a long ways in terms of keeping them here.

I do not expect a mass exodus like what happened when Majors was let go.
[/quote]My guess is it is all contingent on who is hired.

I would agree, but just by talking to some players it seems like they have a lot of confidence in Hill to bring in the right guy so I don’t expect a mass exodus although you can never rule out one or two guys transferring.