Plavich

I really don’t understand why Lutz consistently puts Plavich in when he is struggling. Sure he’ll have many of his good games where he will be on fire, but there have been plenty of games this year were he can’t hit a shot but still plays basically the whole game. Plus, he is nothing but a liability on defense most of the time. I honestly don’t understand why Lutz plays him so much when he plays like this. Why not should some love for the other players on the bench who I’m sure would be willing to go out there and bust their butt?

He only has one more game as a 'Niner. At least we have that to look forward to next year…

You guys are idiots

Kinda hard to shoot when you are being tackled on the wing.

My one officiating gripe. Plavich got mugged over and over tonight. He spent more time on his back with a guy on top of him than a $20 hooker. No calls.

Tough night for him.

[i]Originally posted by greengoblin[/i]@Mar 10 2005, 10:36 PM [b] You guys are idiots [/b]
Yeah, I'm such an idiot because I don't like seeing our players shoot 1-10 on 3pt attempts

:huh:

so tell me HOLLYWOOD!!! Who is going to shoot the ball for us next year!!! You are soooo looking forward to next year!!! Who would have you put in the game in his place!!! Your an idiot because he is the ONLY PLAYER on the court that has the POTENTIAL to bring us back from such a hole. He did shoot poorly tonight!!! Oh well, that isn’t what lost that pathetic game. That is easy to attack. How about maybe the Coach, maybe because we got out rebounded by 15 tonight, maybe because the player we most look up to (EB) has not been himself, maybe because we lack dicipline (again coaching).

I would have given Drayton or Nance some of Plavich’s minutes. We sure could have used the help rebounding.

NONE OF THE NINERS HAD OPEN SHOTS ALL NIGHT!!!

[b] Who is going to shoot the ball for us next year!!!![/b]

Alexander, Bennett, Goldwire and Lewis (if he is still around).

Plavich is left in when he’s not shooting because the defense has to respect him. The defense is loosened up, because you have to have someone glued to him whenever he is within 30 ft. of the basket.

De’Angelo Alexander will make you wet your pants next year. Believe that.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Mar 11 2005, 01:55 PM [b] Plavich is left in when he's not shooting because the defense has to respect him. The defense is loosened up, because you have to have someone glued to him whenever he is within 30 ft. of the basket. [/b]
Right, but if he is getting torched defensively and taking bad shots, I really don't care if he extends the defense an extra eight feet. Not really a good trade off there.
[i]Originally posted by greengoblin[/i]@Mar 11 2005, 12:20 AM [b] so tell me HOLLYWOOD!!!! Who is going to shoot the ball for us next year!!!! You are soooo looking forward to next year!!!! Who would have you put in the game in his place!!!! Your an idiot because he is the ONLY PLAYER on the court that has the POTENTIAL to bring us back from such a hole. He did shoot poorly tonight!!! Oh well, that isn't what lost that pathetic game. That is easy to attack. How about maybe the Coach, maybe because we got out rebounded by 15 tonight, maybe because the player we most look up to (EB) has not been himself, maybe because we lack dicipline (again coaching). [/b]
Wow, well thought out response. *applause*

And it’s “you’re an idiot”, moron. Learn proper grammar if you’re going to try to insult somebody by using such insignificant words.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Mar 11 2005, 02:03 PM [b]De'Angelo Alexander will make you wet your pants next year. Believe that.[/b]
I hope Alexander works out but I believe he only averaged about 9 or 10 a game at OU so I will withhold my judgement and urine till I see him play in person.

Hollywood. What are your creditials as a student and, or athlete??? Just wondering.

This whole thread is a bunch of bull. It is not Plav’s fault we lost, there were 4 other starters out there. We win when 2 of our 3 stars show up. Unfortunately, that hasn’t happened the past 2 games. It happened at Louisville, but they shot 60% and no one is going to overcome that!! We still have a good squad if they can get their confidence back and run plays instead of each man attmepting to isolate and work it one-on-one. Also, if Mich would take it to the hoop in transition every 5th time down the court he would get easy baskets and they would not be able to cover Plav so tightly on the break. I think his lack of offense along with Iti is the reason we are losing. They are not scoring threats so their men can double off of them too easily. We might do better to run a 3 or 4 guard set with Basden, Plav, Balwdwin, and Golden boy.

Some of BP’s bricks last night were not that well defended.

Of all the disappointments the last few games,I think my biggest is Mitchell. I really thought earlier in the year he was gonna be 1 of the better p.g’s in conf. usa,but he just seems lost out there now.He’s not terrible,but like the post a few back…when we have him and Martin in at the same time,the defense just lays off them and suffocates(or tries to) Curtis,and guards Eddie and Plav…I have such mixed feelings about Plavich this year too…he’s hit some big 3’s when we needed a lift,but he’s just terrible defensively,and,I hate to say it…can be very selfish on the court.I think all the pub he’s gotten for Syracuse last year,and the Indiana shot,has kinda made him feel that he needs to try top do it every game.

Plavich, “selfish”!!! Get Real Man!!!

Sorry man,that’s my opinion. Like I said,i’ve got really mixed feelings about whether he is a positive or a negative overall,but anyone who’s watched every niner game(like I have) this year,has seen some really poor shot selection at certain times.When he gets a good screen and spots up he’s ten times better than when he takes one of those falling away-defender-in-his-face prayers.Unfortunately for him,we are not a good screen-setting team.To me,he’s had,maybe 3 really good games this year,and I don’t include Indiana as 1 of them.He made a great heave in that game,but if you really analyze what he costs us sometimes,in poor defense,and when he’s 2-10 from 3 land…there’s a lot of negatives there. I think the guy hustles and plays hard,i’m not questioning his work ethic.I just think he feels that unless he tosses in 6-8 3’s a game,he’s not involved.