Players Leaving/Returning

Every rising senior should do this if they’re looking to play ball overseas. See what you need to work on and get to work going into your senior year.

Completely agree. Its a ridiculous setup currently, it should be the NBA telling kids which ones have a legit chance at getting drafted in my opinion, not all these kids that clearly aren’t going to the NBA yet.

His staff and recruits he can bring in over the next few years will be key. Our roster of talent is very slim. I would be curious as to his feelings towards the players we have signed. I wonder if he thinks they are good enough?

He’s already stated he would honor commitments made by the previous staff to current players and signees. That doesn’t mean the signees or all current players will choose to stay with us.

Or that they will play.

I’ve confirmed Milos Supica wlil be staying.

1 Like

Current players update:

So far we know JD, Andrien, Murphy, Najee, Milos and McGill are all staying.

TBD: Vasic, Haslem, Thomas.

TBD = I don’t know their decision at this time.

That likely means Vasic will as well, which is good because I think he has upside.

Call me crazy but, as I have said before, I thought this years team was much less than the sum of the parts should have been. This late in the recruiting cycle I don’t know who we could get that would be appreciably better than the guys we have. They need to play with some discipline in a system that is better suited to the players we have.

I’d be careful drawing that conclusion. Vasic followed Ivo here, could follow him to next stop too.

The UVA system seems like it would favor euro players skill set. Could be wrong but if he doesn’t follow Ivo i think he could do well under Sanchez.

i would tend to agree but i don’t see vasic as a typical euro player. between the two, i’d rather keep thomas than mcgill. hate to say it, but a transfer or two(not vasic), would not be the worst thing, although i think thomas has upside. haslem and mcgill are the most expendable to me.

I can’t see Thomas leaving right now.

When I watched the Villanova-Texas Tech game last weekend I noticed that of the 10 starting players the tallest was 6’9", there were two 6’8" players, and then down from there. I think we need to stop focusing on big guys that cannot help us immediately and recruit guys in the 6"7"-6’9" range that can get to the rim. These days an immobile 6’11" center playing back to the basket might get more fouls than points.

I don’t think Price was turning away quality 6’8" guys because he was waiting on a 6’11" guy. Price just struggled landing any quality players in the 6’5"-7’ range.

You are right. He landed a few decent guards and whiffed on everything else.

Vasic staying per 2k

1 Like

clt says this is turning into melrose place.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/Bolt/Virginia-Cavaliers-Basketball-Wake-Forest-graduate-transfer-Keyshawn-Woods-set-to-visit-UVA-117425095