Please Stop Defaming Hill

Have you looked at the sources. Beasley’s mother has said that Mike has no plans of decommitting. 99% of the posters here have 0 inside knowledge of the inner working.

Are you so much of a coward that you would quit fighting a battle that you had won?

Do you think so little of your program that we can’t beat a Big 12 doormat for a recruit?

He’s not gone. He has said so himself.

Regardless he can still be a good influence for us. Lets say he goes to KSU and HATES it. 10 years down the road a friend, a cousin, a neighbor may be one of our recruits. Every little thing that we do now has an impact. You never burn a bridge. He may have a situation like D’Angelo happen.

I don’t know about you, but if my team is going down…WE GO DOWN SWINGING GOD#($($%(IT!!!

The flip side of the coin is Mike and his mother may want to keep the heat off him by not announcing a change of intent. I think that’d be a very reasonable think to consider at this point. They don’t seem to like the phone ringing off the hook. Either of the two scenarios (he’s changed his top choice or he’s still intent on Charlotte) seem very plausible. I don’t think you’re ever going to see him flat-out say he’s reopening his recruitment because I just don’t seem him interested in being pursued by every odd coach in D1.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;165930] I don’t think you’re ever going to see him flat-out say he’s reopening his recruitment because I just don’t seem him interested in being pursued by every odd coach in D1.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately he has been and will still be recruited by everyone.

:frowning:

Bottom line, wish Hill well and go straight to bashing the root of this whole ugliness, Huggins. Btw, I don’t want to here anymore comments from the likes of those like mean joe green about what a winner huggins is, he respresents the moraless side of business that rules corporate america today and eventually he’s going to need some help and no one will care, at least i hope so.

[I]“A lot of us don’t agree with the choices the Chef has made in the last few days,” one of the children eulogizes him at a funeral. “Some of us feel hurt and confused that he seemed to turn his back on us. But we can’t let the events of the past few weeks take away the memories of how Chef made us smile.” [/I]

[I]“We shouldn’t be mad at Chef for leaving us,” the eulogy concludes. “We should be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains.”[/I]

~ South Park [I]“The Return of Chef”[/I]

Defaming assumes that fame existed. There is nothing famous about Dalonte. He played one season here and was pretty much done with his career. He got the job through a break and really hasn’t done much since he’s been here. So I wouldn’t qualify him as famous.

Survivor45: AWESOME pic/avatar!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Defaming assumes that fame existed. There is nothing famous about Dalonte. He played one season here and was pretty much done with his career. He got the job through a break and really hasn't done much since he's been here. So I wouldn't qualify him as famous.

Defamation means to insinuate wrong doing or to tarnish one’s reputation. When guys are in here saying ‘#$(*% YOU DALONTE’ or ‘DALONTE IS NOTHING BUT A CARPETBAGGER’ or ‘DALONTE YOU LIAR/BACKSTABBER/TRAITOR’ that doesn’t help Charlotte. It makes us look immature and it probably upsets the Beasley family. Instead of focusing your venom on him, focus it on Huggins. He’s the real cavity.

49erFan1. I understand what you are saying and trying to do but do not lose sight of the forest because of the trees. This program will be fine with or without Beasley. I would love to have Beasley here as much as anyone and think his fit here is much better than Huggins at KSU anyday BUT the that does not change the situation in any way. This thing stinks to high H*ll and always will. Hill has made his decision good or bad and I hope he was smart enough to know what the reaction would be. If the Beasley family wants to get upset and have Mike not come here because people (including people on this board and the national media) say it is a raw deal and express their displeasure then so be it. I would rather speak out on something than lower my standards and acceptance of conduct for the signing of one recruit. I guess I could go silent on the issue but this is a messageboard and then what is its use. I also hope the Beasley family can see what position a close confidant has put their family member in because he is now in a tough, tough situation because of Huggins/ Hill and the other entities involved and understand our frustration.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;166031]I would rather speak out on something than lower my standards and acceptance of conduct for the signing of one recruit. I guess I could go silent on the issue but this is a messageboard and then what is its use. I also hope the Beasley family can see what position a close confidant has put their family member in because he is now in a tough, tough situation because of Huggins/ Hill and the other entities involved and understand our frustration.[/QUOTE]

WORD! VERY well said TSD!

49erFan1. I understand what you are saying and trying to do but do not lose sight of the forest because of the trees. This program will be fine with or without Beasley. I would love to have Beasley here as much as anyone and think his fit here is much better than Huggins at KSU anyday BUT the that does not change the situation in any way. This thing stinks to high H*ll and always will. Hill has made his decision good or bad and I hope he was smart enough to know what the reaction would be. If the Beasley family wants to get upset and have Mike not come here because people (including people on this board and the national media) say it is a raw deal and express their displeasure then so be it. I would rather speak out on something than lower my standards and acceptance of conduct for the signing of one recruit. I guess I could go silent on the issue but this is a messageboard and then what is its use. I also hope the Beasley family can see what position a close confidant has put their family member in because he is now in a tough, tough situation because of Huggins/ Hill and the other entities involved and understand our frustration.

I can agree with everything you said and more importantly the way you said it. It was dignifed yet fair. That’s the type of expression I agree with.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;165979]Bottom line, wish Hill well and go straight to bashing the root of this whole ugliness, Huggins. Btw, I don’t want to here anymore comments from the likes of those like mean joe green about what a winner huggins is, he respresents the moraless side of business that rules corporate america today and eventually he’s going to need some help and no one will care, at least i hope so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when Huggins gets canned by a new president at KSU who wants to clean up thier program, you can bet there will be friends who will stick by him and tell us what a jerk thier president is. And some other university that can’t wait to get him.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;165880]Mike Beasley trusts Dalonte. They are friends. [/QUOTE]

Lutz also trusted Delonte. Lutz and Higgins were also friends.

what assurance does Beasley have that Delonte will not turn on hime one day? for Michael’s sake, let’s hope he is giving this some consideration. does he really want to play for 2 backstabbers?

Lutz also trusted Delonte. Lutz and Higgins were also friends.

what assurance does Beasley have that Delonte will not turn on hime one day? for Michael’s sake, let’s hope he is giving this some consideration. does he really want to play for 2 backstabbers?

Hill stays, this is all easy, and we have a great opportunity in 2007 and a building block for the future. Nobody at Charlotte is making this hard on Beasley, or any of them.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;166219]Lutz and Higgins were also friends.
[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know that. I wonder if him and Magnum let Bobby drive the Ferrari.

:tongue:

We should be pleased that Hill wants to see his recruit play for a guy like Huggins, who cares so much for his players.

Maybe Beasley likes getting drunk and doesn’t mind heading off to jail one day soon. Last I saw, Huggins had more players wind up behind bars (not serving adult beverages, but serving time) than graduate. I give Huggins credit for a brilliant strategy. Cherry pick a weak minded coach with delusions of glory and bring a great recruit along for the ride. It just makes me hate Huggins even more than I did when he was warden…I mean coach at Cincy. Now it’s up to Lutz to do some recruiting.

[QUOTE=HP49er;165803]There is no high road with Hill IMO. Lutz stood up and took care of one of our own and what did Hill do in appreciation?[/QUOTE]

completely agree. now, if the KSU salary was >>> what he was getting here, thats one thing. best of luck to him. But given we got close, or even matched that… f*** him.

Truth of the matter is we didn’t match, which is not what we were told.