Podcast Recommendations

In an effort to never listen to Charlotte radio again I have expanded into podcasts. Does anyone have any podcast recommendations?

Currently I am listening to:
APM: Marketplace
The Disciplined Investor
The Street.com Real Story
NPR Planet Money
NPR Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me
Real Time with Bill Maher
ESPN PTI
ESPN Around the Horn
ESPN Fantasy Focus Baseball
Pokerroad Radio
Two Plus Two Pokercast
Deuce Plays w/ Bart Hanson

If you haven’t tried out podcasts before give them a shot and free yourself from Charlotte radio. There are thousands of different programs covering a large variety of topics. They are all free and easy to obtain via iTunes.

Is the podcast Colin Cowherd’s show free (ESPN Radio)?

Also, do they edit out the commercials for the podcast?

Thundering Herd? It is a free podcast but I haven’t listened to it.

There are typically no or minimal commercials with podcasts.

If you workout, I like listening to Podrunner.

Some of my favorites:
CNET: Buzz Out Loud – Daily gadget/tech. podcast
Diggnation (I prefer the video podcast)
WFAE: Charlotte Talks
NPR: Science Friday
NPR: Most Emailed Stories
The Brewing Network
The Adam Carolla Podcast

I just listened to the Adam Carolla podcast for the first time yesterday. Pretty good. All of the NPR stuff is great.

One other thing I should note about commercials and podcasts is that even if a podcast has them they can be fast forwarded.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;400569]I just listened to the Adam Carolla podcast for the first time yesterday. Pretty good. All of the NPR stuff is great.

One other thing I should note about commercials and podcasts is that even if a podcast has them they can be fast forwarded.[/QUOTE]

clt endorses the Carolla podcast. gotta get it on.

I rather enjoy Clark Howard’s podcast.

I have two Moto GP podcasts that rock if you are a fan of motorcycle racing.

[URL=http://www.camaroz28.com/podcast/][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]CamaroZ28.com[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL] podcast for the muscle heads. :thumbsup:

I rather enjoy Clark Howard's podcast.

I 2nd this.

I rather enjoy Clark Howard's podcast.

That looks interesting. Thanks.

I highly recommend NPR’s Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me. It’s a comedy show about current events, mostly politics.

My current quest is to find better business podcasts. I wish I could convince Bloomberg Radio to podcast their shows.

If anyone is into Cramer or Fast Money they have their full shows online in podcast form. Just don’t follow any of the advice they give you. :biggrin:

The Dan Patrick show is pretty entertaining. He “left” ESPeon in 2007 and now has his own 3-hour daily radio show. He has great guests/interviews each week.

Commercial breaks are edited out. You get one or two live reads per show. Nothing major.

wow, lot of adam carolla listeners. good stuff there. i also listen to leo leporte, the tech guy.

[QUOTE=geeosphere;401146]wow, lot of adam carolla listeners. good stuff there. i also listen to leo leporte, the tech guy.[/QUOTE]

I used to watch Leo when he was on ZDtv (later Techtv, and I think they changed the name again after that). He had a weekly Mac-users tip of the week… and that was in the day before ipods, so hardly anyone knew what Apple was.

He seemed like a really knowledgable guy.

Michael Savage is entertaining
New Phil Hendrie Show is decent, not near as good as the original
Clark Howard and Dave Ramsey are both good, though give the edge to Howard.

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;401117]The Dan Patrick show is pretty entertaining. He “left” ESPeon in 2007 and now has his own 3-hour daily radio show. He has great guests/interviews each week.

Commercial breaks are edited out. You get one or two live reads per show. Nothing major.[/QUOTE]

Patrick’s show was great on ESPN Radio. I like his insight on things for most every sport. He just has a knack for the business. When I get this podcast thing figured out, I look forward to listening to him again.

If anyone is into Cramer or Fast Money they have their full shows online in podcast form. Just don't follow any of the advice they give you. :biggrin:
Haha. I was about to go into full Nooooooooooooo mode until I read your last line.
Patrick's show was great on ESPN Radio. I like his insight on things for most every sport. He just has a knack for the business. When I get this podcast thing figured out, I look forward to listening to him again.

Download iTunes
Run iTunes
Download podcasts from podcast section
Listen on computer or sync to iPod

If you workout, I like listening to Podrunner.

Great find Savio… let me know if you find any others like this :shades: