Poll: Does Newberry Win Count?

No, I’m not counting non-d1 games in our record. If you do, it’s just inflating the win column.

its a tad annoying seeing people say we are 5-2 as if that is a good record. We are really 4-2 and our best win is against Elon and we lost at home to SCUS. So far at least, the record is nothing to brag about. Hopefully we can beat some good teams we have on the schedule coming up.

We probably should count it because they may be the second best team we have played so far, but I just can’t do it.

I wonder if the NCAA selection committee will count it?
:-X

This Observer article says we are 5-2, and we all know how accurate they are. :slight_smile:

I know the win should not count, but if someone asks me what our record is this year, I’m telling them 5-2. We need all the wins we can get.

When we played the game I told my 9 year old son it didnt count. Then he keeps seeing that ESPN counted it when he looks at our record and asked why they counted it. I let him count it then. Does not count for RPI

clt says a win over dewberry only counts if you are ecu.

Hail Lebo.

A win doesn’t count but a loss would have. That’s why we should never play a DII game.

Someday you can tell your grandkids that beating Newberry is more important than a NCAA Tourney appearance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Almost 50/50. I’m surprised. We should schedule more non-d1 games and inflate wins… Granted we win.

If you can count one FCS game toward bowl eligibility why can’t we count one non-D1 win?