Positive Football Editorial-MUST READ!!!

I hope everyone can check out today (Sunday’s) Observer Editorial page. Their is a VERY nice (and lengthy) opinion piece written by a reader named Bill Carpenter, from the class of '75!

:smile::49ers::tongue::biggrin:

http://www.charlotte.com/409/story/549259.html

Amen Bill Carpenter! Couldn’t have said it any better.

Amen Bill Carpenter! Couldn't have said it any better.

ABSOLUTELY!

great article, just hope it doesn’t fall on deaf ears

great freakin article!

Well put!!!:49ers:I can’t wait to take friends to games and most importantly, go tailgating before games…

........It's as though we've been reminded that we have no money for party clothes, so if we choose to buy a few we'll wear rags to school! How paternalistic this gesture seems in the context of what goes on in the rest of the university system.........
Excellent analogy.
........The dialogue about what kind of college community UNCC ultimately becomes does not belong to a [b]local newspaper that has too often ignored her or to administrators who want to preserve the current order of things. This, I believe, is about a lot more than football[/b].......
WOW !!! That letter pretty much says it all. Talk about hitting all the nails on the head. We need to foorward this to Dr Phil just to make sure he sees it.

I doubt I could have written anything as good as this myself. :smile:

Something’s wrong. The writer signed his name.

Something's wrong. The writer signed his name.

He’s not on the Observer Editorial Board. So naturally he has a spine.

can we get a budweiser salute written about this guy?

Great letter that seemed to cover all the bases. Does anyone know if this person is a member of NNN?

can we get a budweiser salute written about this guy?

Chorus - “Real men of geeeeniussss”

Today, we solute you Mr. Defender of Charlotte 49er Football guy

Chorus - “Defender of Charlotte 49er football guy!”

You, who stand up to the nay sayers, the shortsighted, the out of touch academics and the anonymous Observer Editorial Board.

Chorus - “Sign your freakin naaaame!!”

Yes indeed, you have the vision to see that football is more than just a sport. It’s the culmination of all that is good with college life. The drinking and the grilling, the hot girls in short skirts and the knowledge that you’ve yet again left a term paper undone because you had to have another debate with a Walmart Tarhole fan about how baby blue really is a gay color.

Chorus - “Not that there’s anything wrong with thaaaat!”

So go ahead and drink up, you warrior for the cause of truth, justice and the 49er way. For as long as you continue to fight, it will be that much more difficult for Chapel Hill Phil to get back to washing Erskine Bowles Lexus and begging him to make us put the hyphen back in our name.

Chorus -“Mr. Defender of Charlotte 49er Foooootballl guy!”
:49ers:

Chorus - "Real men of geeeeniussss"

Today, we solute you Mr. Defender of Charlotte 49er Football guy

Chorus - “Defender of Charlotte 49er football guy!”

You, who stand up to the nay sayers, the shortsighted, the out of touch academics and the anonymous Observer Editorial Board.

Chorus - “Sign your freakin naaaame!!”

Yes indeed, you have the vision to see that football is more than just a sport. It’s the culmination of all that is good with college life. The drinking and the grilling, the hot girls in short skirts and the knowledge that you’ve yet again left a term paper undone because you had to have another debate with a Walmart Tarhole fan about how baby blue really is a gay color.

Chorus - “Not that there’s anything wrong with thaaaat!”

So go ahead and drink up, you warrior for the cause of truth, justice and the 49er way. For as long as you continue to fight, it will be that much more difficult for Chapel Hill Phil to get back to washing Erskine Bowles Lexus and begging him to make us put the hyphen back in our name.

Chorus -“Mr. Defender of Charlotte 49er Foooootballl guy!”
:49ers:

Nice! :lol::thumbsup:

Great article for football, too.

Nice one, MK. That was some funny stuff there.

If I ever meet this Mr. Carpenter, I’m buying him a beer. That was VERY well-put.