Possible Football Coach?

Iā€™ve recently heard this on one of the radio sport shows and thought Iā€™d bring this up. Marty Schottenheimer has apparently found a home in Charlotte, NC and loves it here. We were looking for a big name guy to start our football program out. Heā€™s not doing anything now, so why not? I looked up some articles and they said he was living in Charlotte now as well. He is a big named guy who has had a lot of success, albeit in the NFL game, but again, why not? What do you guys think?

I was living in DC when the Redskins brought him in. I remember the players whining about how tough his practices were. He puts em through hell.

Interesting to see him move to Charlotte! You hear that a lot lately.

Heā€™s actually lived in the Charlotte area the past 9 yearsā€¦ Lake Norman now.

[CENTER]

[B][SIZE=6][COLOR=Green]DONā€™T BELIEVE THE HYPE![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Submarley734;363400]Iā€™ve recently heard this on one of the radio sport shows and thought Iā€™d bring this up. Marty Schottenheimer has apparently found a home in Charlotte, NC and loves it here. We were looking for a big name guy to start our football program out. Heā€™s not doing anything now, so why not? I looked up some articles and they said he was living in Charlotte now as well. He is a big named guy who has had a lot of success, albeit in the NFL game, but again, why not? What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Too Old and no college experience. Thanks for your interest.

Mike Minter has been campaigning for the job.

I've recently heard this on one of the radio sport shows and thought I'd bring this up. Marty Schottenheimer has apparently found a home in Charlotte, NC and loves it here. We were looking for a big name guy to start our football program out. He's not doing anything now, so why not? I looked up some articles and they said he was living in Charlotte now as well. He is a big named guy who has had a lot of success, albeit in the NFL game, but again, why not? What do you guys think?

Heā€™s lived here for a while. I used to drive him around the Peninsula Golf Course during the Summer of 2003. Sometimes Iā€™d drive his wife around the course looking for him. Joe Gibbs lives there too.

Tommy Tuberville anybody? I actually think he would be perfect. But I imagine heā€™ll get an analyst gig that pays a lot more.

Too Old and no college experience. Thanks for your interest.

The beginning would be all about recruiting. Martyā€™s a known name. And he would have no pressure to win immediately.

Not a completely bad idea. We are not going to be fighting with ND for a top coach.

Tommy Tuberville anybody? I actually think he would be perfect. But I imagine he'll get an analyst gig that pays a lot more.

Iā€™d take him. Like you said though, I donā€™t think we can get him.

The beginning would be all about recruiting. Marty's a known name. And he would have no pressure to win immediately.

Not a completely bad idea. We are not going to be fighting with ND for a top coach.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. Big name, TV time on ESPN talking about it, attention and donations for our program. He doesnā€™t have to win, he just has to get us started on the right track.

Thereā€™s plenty of Bowdens running around these days, if we are a spec-u-late-in.:lmao:

I would try to hire him as a consultant, like Georgia State did with Dan Reeves. He was the spokesman for their football fundraising campaign, and served as a consultant to the university.

Bruce Hardin

I think Mike Minter would do wellā€¦ Not sure if you can get him and Marty on board. Even if they are just consultants!

I would try to hire him as a consultant, like Georgia State did with Dan Reeves. He was the spokesman for their football fundraising campaign, and served as a consultant to the university.

Who? Marty, Bowden, Tuberville. Iā€™d hire Marty as a consultant and Tuberville as a coach.

Iā€™d hire Pete Carroll or Urban Meyer while weā€™re talking about things that will never happen.

I'd hire Pete Carroll or Urban Meyer while we're talking about things that will never happen.

While I donā€™t think it will happen, why is Tuberville completely out of the question?

No way we could afford him.

[QUOTE=Normmm;367793]Who? Marty, Bowden, Tuberville. Iā€™d hire Marty as a consultant and Tuberville as a coach.[/QUOTE]

I was talking Marty as a consultant.