Possible Football Coach?

No way we could afford him.

The only way I see it working is if we offer a longer contract than normal. Long term security is incentive for some. I have no idea what the numbers would be, but what if ESPN only offers a 2 year contract at $250K a year to be an analyst, but we offer a 6 year contract at $200K a year? And of course he would have to have a Larry Brown mentality, where he wants a new challenge.

People come on now, Tuberville will be coaching somewhere for 2 to 3 mil a year.

People come on now, Tuberville will be coaching somewhere for 2 to 3 mil a year.

Look, do I think itā€™s going to happen? No. But, do I think itā€™s worth at least looking into? Yes. I donā€™t think he was even making $3 million at Auburn, so I donā€™t see him getting a raise at the new position. I canā€™t think of many coaches who were fired, that went on to another ā€œbig timeā€ program. The only 2 I can think of off hand are Willingham and Zook. But many feel they did not get fair opportunities at their former schools. And I donā€™t think Tuberville is as young as them.

Look, do I think it's going to happen? No. But, do I think it's worth at least looking into? Yes. I don't think he was even making $3 million at Auburn, so I don't see him getting a raise at the new position. I can't think of many coaches who were fired, that went on to another "big time" program. The only 2 I can think of off hand are Willingham and Zook. But many feel they did not get fair opportunities at their former schools. And I don't think Tuberville is as young as them.

I donā€™t think it will happen, but letā€™s all keep hope alive that we get enough donations and such to pay for somebody like that. I still like asking Marty to be part of the program since he already lives here, he doesnā€™t have to be HC. Can anyone think of any big time assistants out there that would want a chance to start a program like this and build their name? That might be the rout we need to take. Or we could always go with Charlie Weiss, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be jobless and looking by then.

We wonā€™t get an established coach. A top assistant is the way to go.

Marty, Joe Gibbs?..this kind of talk is why i cant take anything you guys say seriousā€¦some people should be suspended from this site for starting bad threadsā€¦

Marty, Joe Gibbs?....this kind of talk is why i cant take anything you guys say serious....some people should be suspended from this site for starting bad threads..

Have you seen where Dan Reeves was involved with Georgia States efforts? To have Marty involved with marketing/consulting in some form is not that far fetched.

marty is supposedly going to be coaching the Browns next season

So from what I can tell, Tuberville was not a candidate for the Syracuse job.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081212/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_syracuse_coach

Their former coach was making $1 million/year. So I would assume the new coach will not make that much. If Tuberville was not a candidate for this position, what higher paying position would he be a candidate? Iā€™m not saying it wonā€™t happen at another school, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it didnā€™t. I really think heā€™ll be going the broadcasting route, and I donā€™t think theyā€™ll give him a long term contract.

marty is supposedly going to be coaching the Browns next season

oh yeah, I forgot that I had heard those rumors too. Thanks. Back to Joe Gibbsā€¦:smile:

So from what I can tell, Tuberville was not a candidate for the Syracuse job.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081212/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_syracuse_coach

Their former coach was making $1 million/year. So I would assume the new coach will not make that much. If Tuberville was not a candidate for this position, what higher paying position would he be a candidate? Iā€™m not saying it wonā€™t happen at another school, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it didnā€™t. I really think heā€™ll be going the broadcasting route, and I donā€™t think theyā€™ll give him a long term contract.

They offered Skip Holtz 5 years approx 2.5/yr.

[QUOTE=pir8fan05;370476]They offered Skip Holtz 5 years approx 2.5/yr.[/QUOTE]

what is Holtz getting right now?

Look, do I think it's going to happen? No. But, do I think it's worth at least looking into? Yes. I don't think he was even making $3 million at Auburn, so I don't see him getting a raise at the new position. I can't think of many coaches who were fired, that went on to another "big time" program. The only 2 I can think of off hand are Willingham and Zook. But many feel they did not get fair opportunities at their former schools. And I don't think Tuberville is as young as them.

I wouldnt mind Ty Willingham. The only reason ND was successful for 2 years under Weis was because of the players Willingham recruited. He def hasnt had a fair chance at other places. Hiring a minority coach would also bring alot of attention.

I wouldnt mind Ty Willingham. The only reason ND was successful for 2 years under Weis was because of the players Willingham recruited. He def hasnt had a fair chance at other places. Hiring a minority coach would also bring alot of attention.

I like the idea of Ty Willingham. I always thought it is funny that they didnā€™t really give Ty a chance when theyā€™ll give Weis as many chances as he wants. I still havenā€™t heard any talk of him getting fired, and he has done a horrific job at that school. He got gatorade poured on him when they beat Navy. Navy? Standards have plummeted.

Willingham is AWFULā€¦ AWFULā€¦ Washington was the worst BCS league team EVER this season.

Lets be realistic. We are starting a progrma from scratch at the IAA level. If we get a ā€œnameā€ it will be a ā€œnameā€ well past his prime.

[QUOTE=s9er;370512]Willingham is AWFULā€¦ AWFULā€¦ Washington was the worst BCS league team EVER this season.

Lets be realistic. We are starting a progrma from scratch at the IAA level. If we get a ā€œnameā€ it will be a ā€œnameā€ well past his prime.[/QUOTE]

Like Willingham.