Post Game - SIU

one word - Wow.

Finally a blowout. Finally a game that felt in hand at halftime. Finally a game that we didn’t need clutch free throws. Tonight we clicked, and its too early to have peaked.

2 months ago I would have laughed at anyone who said we would be 6-2! GO NINERS!

we beat an outstanding defensive team and put up 70 on them to boot (what do they avg, like 50?)

we held a wooden award candidate to ZERO points and FIVE FOULS

Harris and Coley had great defensive games !!

Harris and Coley had great defensive games !!
To start off, tonight was my first game at Halton. I was impressed with the operation. Everything from the parking, to the pre-game intros, to the Niner Nation. I found it to be energetic and exciting. 49ers D won the game! I was impressed with the intensity on defense, and the poise on offense. Anderson made some huge shots, with Dewhurst also playing a stellar game. What can you say about Lee? This team will make noise in the conference.....

25-32 from the FT line.

78%.

Yes we did a ton of other things very right, but the difference between tonight and our other wins was hitting our FTs. If we had shot like this early,w e’d be 8-0. And if we continue to do it, I m guessing we won’t lose many.

Food for thought.

Bobby said in last week’s post game he was going to take over free-throw mechanics himself… Appears to have done some good.

To start off, tonight was my first game at Halton. I was impressed with the operation. Everything from the parking, to the pre-game intros, to the Niner Nation. I found it to be energetic and exciting. 49ers D won the game! I was impressed with the intensity on defense, and the poise on offense. Anderson made some huge shots, with Dewhurst also playing a stellar game. What can you say about Lee? This team will make noise in the conference.....
Glad you enjoyed and thanks for all the kind words. Do come back, and often. This town needs more sports junkies.

maybe all the practice paid off finally…hope it continues

Our interior D must have just been amazing. Were we fronting Falker or double-teaming him immediately? How much zone did we play and how did that look?

I love the hustle, love the improving D. I wonder how much of the guys’ energy on the court reflects their coach. Lutz and co have far exceeded my expectations so far. :clap:

It seemed like every time Falker got the ball, there were 3 niners on him, and he never kicked it out…he couldnt breathe down there. It was awesome to watch.

i was looking at the siu board and they seem to be thinking that losing to us is somehow beneath them. one of them even said that it was worse than losing to creighton at conference time.

Haven’t we beaten them like 5 straight times?

i was looking at the siu board and they seem to be thinking that losing to us is somehow beneath them. one of them even said that it was worse than losing to creighton at conference time.

and the rest of their board was talking about how they were going to lose to us.

We might never get the respect we deserve. But to channel s9er’s signature, I like serving them all up a s*** sandwich.

EDIT: Not directed to SIU fans specifically, but you know how it is sometimes. They seemed pretty cool.

all i can say is wow… haven’t seen a true blowout yet this season … always fun

GAME MVP (IMO of course) Ian Anderson… he came off the bench and helped spring the run that pulled us away.

I was talking to one of there fans before the game and he said they only had 3 loses @ home in 4 years & charlotte was one of them… wooohooo GO NINERS!

I was talking to one of there fans before the game and he said they only had 3 loses @ home in 4 years & charlotte was one of them.. wooohooo GO NINERS!

Not only that… but, at the time, SIU had the longest home winning streak in the nation (31). It made headlines when Charlotte snapped that streak.

[QUOTE=tk4243;275008]To start off, tonight was my first game at Halton. I was impressed with the operation. Everything from the parking, to the pre-game intros, to the Niner Nation. I found it to be energetic and exciting. 49ers D won the game! I was impressed with the intensity on defense, and the poise on offense. Anderson made some huge shots, with Dewhurst also playing a stellar game. What can you say about Lee? This team will make noise in the conference…[/QUOTE]

tk, please tell your really irate fans how we smothered Falker. Your board reads like the guy just didnt show up. We just didnt let him. I almost felt bad for him.

Was it just me or did we play some pretty effective zone at times. Not sure what it was, it was probably “junk d” but it looked like they started in a 2-3 and then switched to a match-up zone and even some box and one with Harris on the ball. They did a great job of double teaming Faulkner. We still need to rotate better to the perimeter - they missed some open looks.

[U]Food for Thought[/U]

Creighton - Lost to Xavier
North Carolina State - Lost to ECU
Kansas State - Lost to Notre Dame
Florida - Beat Jacksonville and Fla AM
Seton Hall - Lost to Penn State
Southern Illinois - Lost to [COLOR=green]CHARLOTTE[/COLOR]
Connecticut - Beat Northeastern
George Mason - Lost to Kent State
Mississippi - Beat UCF
Ohio State - didn’t play this week
Sam Houston State - Beat SLU

Here are some of the lower recieving votes teams. I don’t think we get in this week, but a win next weekend at Hofstra at 7-2 (hypothetical), and maybe some of these guys take another L, we could get votes.

Another great game… fun to watch. I love having a team that can play defense. Can’t believe we got their best player to foul out without a point. Great job by our coaches scouting and preparing a game plan. Southern Illinois was eliminated from the football tournament as well. Rough day for saluki fans.

Harris is awesome. He has to continue to get significant minutes after Gerrity returns. Anyone see him do the backflips when running off the court?

Big Phil hasn’t gotten much PT lately (7 minutes vs. Davidson, 5 minutes vs S. Illinois)… any idea why?