POST YOUR BEST 49ERS BASKETBALL PHOTOS HERE

Our road unis were black about 7 or 8 years ago.. it looked pretty bad.

Does anyone else remember the year our road unis were that bright grass green that was borderline neon? Those were truly hideous. I think it was 2001 or 2002 maybe.

I think Iā€™d be fine with bringing black uniā€™s out for maybe 1 game, if it doesnt look horrendous. Announce it before hand and have a blackout like most colleges do. Iā€™d also be fine with gold a few times a season, maybe 2-3. Other than that, stick to the good old Green & White

[QUOTE=Chisox17;329996]Our road unis were black about 7 or 8 years agoā€¦ it looked pretty bad.

Does anyone else remember the year our road unis were that bright grass green that was borderline neon? Those were truly hideous. I think it was 2001 or 2002 maybe.[/QUOTE]

Our first year with and1. We had an alternate black jersey, and the neon green regular road jersey.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;329990]Gold is a school colorā€¦It was only a few years back that they stopped including it as an accent color for the basketball team. Most of the other sports team we have still use it.

I say bring it back as an accent at least.[/QUOTE]
According to the athletic site, green and white are our onl official colorsā€¦

The Gold Uniforms were hotness.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;329982]While weā€™re at it, lets go ahead and add some blue, pink and red ones tooā€¦ depending on which day of the week the game is on.

We could even mix them up on a special PRIDE night:

Gerrity - Red
Bowden - Yellow
Wilderness - Green
Mack - Blue
Coley - Violet

[B][I][U]Or better yet, letā€™s stick to our school colors.[/U][/I][/B][/QUOTE]

ā€¦are you serious? :hammer:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;329996]Our road unis were black about 7 or 8 years agoā€¦ it looked pretty bad.

Does anyone else remember the year our road unis were that bright grass green that was borderline neon? Those were truly hideous. I think it was 2001 or 2002 maybe.[/QUOTE]

The black unis were just plain dumb. donā€™t understand why we ever wore those.

However, it was not as bad those neon green ones. I donā€™t know who dropped the ball there (And1, Athl. Dept, Coaching staff, some other lackey). But whoever it was, they shouldā€™ve been strung up by their pinkie toe for a couple of weeks.

As many different shades of green as we appear to have, youā€™d think they wouldā€™ve used one of the existing shades.

ETA: Green and white will always be the primary colours. However, I wouldnā€™t mind seeing a gold throwback once (maybe 2 times) per season.

According to the athletic site, green and white are our onl official colors...

Maybe official colors, but gold has shown up in a lot of our uniforms. Black seems to have taken its place on basketball jerseys. IDK why. Gold works fine it used right.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;330021]According to the athletic site, green and white are our onl official colorsā€¦[/QUOTE]

I think everyone knows that. I consider gold a school color, just look how much gold is in our logo.

As far as the unis, Iā€™d love to have a gold alternate or throwback. That old school 76ers style 49er logo is pretty sweet too.

Ditto on both counts! But we did make the NCAAs that year of bright grass green, only to lose without Jobey in the 1st game to N.D. .

Looking at that makes me want to beg the AD to do a retro night complete with Gold uni's.

Iā€™ve always been a huge proponent of the gold unis. It only makes sense to me that if weā€™re the 49ers, that gold be involved in some way. Itā€™s one of the unique features of our mascot.

The Celtics sometimes use the green with gold trim. I think it looks good. Although Iā€™d prefer gold with green trim.

Hereā€™s a pic of a beer hugger I bought from Bed, Bath and Beyond from a few years ago. It has the gold with green trim.

the only pictures you need.

and the best oneā€¦

Double posting

Did you sign up for a credit card to get that college shirt

Kinda. I told them my name was Kal Penn. LoL