Postgame Huggins

Sitting in the media room listening to some of the press conferances and Badsen and Plavich both finish and in comes coach Huggins. Sits down obviously distraught (understandable) and he answers some questions with 2 words. Then a quesiton comes up (forget the exact question) but Huggins replies:

“Yea coach Lutz does a great job of recruiting here in charlotte, he doesnt recruit many THUGS (pause) wait I meant to say (pause) bad players (pause) yea that was a bad choice of words.”

I look around and everyone to see if I am the only one who heard that remark but I wasnt. Is that a classic line or what? Huggins refers to his own players a THUGS!!

Any remarks on that one?

Okay, I’ll take the obvious shot – maybe Huggy was hitting the Miller a little early.

What a bunch of thugs!

Sweet!!! I just found a new signature.

[i]Originally posted by A-10 bound[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 07:27 PM [b] Sitting in the media room listening to some of the press conferances and Badsen and Plavich both finish and in comes coach Huggins. Sits down obviously distraught (understandable) and he answers some questions with 2 words. Then a quesiton comes up (forget the exact question) but Huggins replies:

“Yea coach Lutz does a great job of recruiting here in charlotte, he doesnt recruit many THUGS (pause) wait I meant to say (pause) bad players (pause) yea that was a bad choice of words.”

I look around and everyone to see if I am the only one who heard that remark but I wasnt. Is that a classic line or what? Huggins refers to his own players a THUGS!!

Any remarks on that one? [/b]

I AM GLAD THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT REFERS TO CINCY B-BALL AS A BUNCH OF THUGS!!!

:lol:

Can’t wait to hear what the papers have to say about those comments tomorrow.

I love Bob Huggins. I don’t think he’s talking about his own players though when he says that. You can tell watching the game he just wants it to be decided by the players. When Cincinnati benefited from a bad call, he’d look down the sideline towards Lutz and do the “WTF?” routine. I’ll miss him.

I sit right behind the bench and during a timeout Huggybear was asking if they had anyone that could gaurd BP. Field stepped up and said he wanted him. BP hit two threes on him and Huggie pulls him…then he sarcastically rides him for the next minute about how he shut BP down. It was classic.

Huggins is classic. I will miss him more than anyone from this conference. He rode Roy Bright all night long. I do not think Bright quite picks up the defensive intensity Huggins demands.

Bright show me nothing so far.

Hmmm, sounds like Huggs is showing a bit of sarcasm? I second the motion that I will miss the series with Cincy. The team you love to hate, but who is gonna take their place… Temple? Xavier? Just don’t ring the same bells as Cincy.

Here’s wishing Huggs the best in the Big East and hope that he & Lutz keep their handshake agreement to resume the series as soon as possible due to conference realignment & scheduling.