Potential new QB watch

It appears we are definitely looking for an upgrade at QB. We are interested in wait for it…

Riley Ferguson- no introduction needed, can confirm Lambert is interested.

Kevin Olsen- former 4 star recruit and elite 11 participant kicked off Miami and Towson, brother is Greg Olsen.

Lambert is in fact interested in both of these guys even though they may have troubled pasts.

Also Patrick Towles who has been mentioned on here is probably not a target, probably headed to Colorado State or Oregon State.

[quote="_BL_Niner, post:1, topic:30017"]It appears we are definitely looking for an upgrade at QB. We are interested in wait for it…

Kevin Olsen- former 4 star recruit and elite 11 participant kicked off Miami and Towson, brother is Greg Olsen.

Lambert is in fact interested in both of these guys even though they may have troubled pasts.[/quote]

What is the deal with Olsen, what year would he be? Eligible immediately (I’m guessing no).

This is very good news if true!

#freeriley

[quote=“trickynbc, post:3, topic:30017”][quote="_BL_Niner, post:1, topic:30017"]It appears we are definitely looking for an upgrade at QB. We are interested in wait for it…

Lambert is in fact interested in both of these guys even though they may have troubled pasts.[/quote]

Can any of this be confirmed?[/quote]

Not that it really confirms anything, but Sykes is following Olsen on twitter.

I’d be ok with Riley, guess we might as well start checking out Olsen as well.
Edit: Looks like Olsen was dismissed from Towson during spring practice for the 15’ season, so he’s already sat out a year from D1, would be eligible for play immediately. However, I’ve got serious concerns about a guy that was suspended for 3 games from Miami, left the U, signed with Towson and was dismissed for “Team Violations” before even finishing spring practice.

I’d say it can be confirmed based off Brad Lambert’s new Twitter account. Before you laugh the account is valid based off who he’s following and who follows him. Coaches don’t have time to screw around on twitter the players they follow they are interested in recruiting. Also coach Sykes just started following Olsen on Twitter.

I think he would be a Junior or maybe a Sophmore. He didn’t play this year he would be eligible immediately.

As much as character issues concern me, if we were going to give somebody a second change I’d be okay with Olsen.

The sole reason being that his big brother is here. Hopefully having him in town will be an influence to help keep him in line.

I think he would be a Junior or maybe a Sophmore. He didn’t play this year he would be eligible immediately.[/quote]
:o This would be nice and big brother (NFL Man of the Year Nominee) could probably help to keep an eye on him. Another “Panthers” connection couldn’t hurt either.

What’s the name of this new twitter account?

What’s the name of this new twitter account?[/quote]

@coach_lambert49

Aaron Curry, Kevin Donnalley, and the tar heels offensive coordinator Gunter Brewer all follow him so it’s legit

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:9, topic:30017”]As much as character issues concern me, if we were going to give somebody a second change I’d be okay with Olsen.

The sole reason being that his big brother is here. Hopefully having him in town will be an influence to help keep him in line.[/quote]

Precisely my thoughts

Edit: upperdeck beat me to the link.

Also, I’m guessing Riley may be a primary target with Kevin as a backup.

Riley Ferguson - Coffeyville CC
Yards Per Game: 326.9, 3rd Best in NJCAA
Touchdowns: 35, 4th Best In NJCAA
Passing Pct: 67.8%, 4th Best in NJCAA

Kevin Olsen - Riverside City
Yards Per Game: 120.0
Touchdowns: 13
Passing Pct: 56.3%

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:15, topic:30017”]Edit: upperdeck beat me to the link.

Also, I’m guessing Riley may be a primary target with Kevin as a backup.

Riley Ferguson - Coffeyville CC
Yards Per Game: 326.9, 3rd Best in NJCAA
Touchdowns: 35, 4th Best In NJCAA
Passing Pct: 67.8%, 4th Best in NJCAA

Kevin Olsen - Riverside City
Yards Per Game: 120.0
Touchdowns: 13
Passing Pct: 56.3%[/quote]

67% completion is difficult even playing catch at a tailgate

hope we deem him “right kind of kid”

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:30017”]67% completion is difficult even playing catch at a tailgate

hope we deem him “right kind of kid”[/quote]

LOL, better find something to keep Judy and Phil occupied when they visit.

FWIW, Olsen’s JUCO had QB’s split time: http://www.cccaasports.org/sports/fball/2015-16/teams/riverside?view=lineup

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:17, topic:30017”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:30017”]67% completion is difficult even playing catch at a tailgate

hope we deem him “right kind of kid”[/quote]

LOL, better find something to keep Judy and Phil occupied when they visit.[/quote]

Sonnet Slam?

What’s the name of this new twitter account?[/quote]

@coach_lambert49

Aaron Curry, Kevin Donnalley, and the tar heels offensive coordinator Gunter Brewer all follow him so it’s legit[/quote]

Does Judy know Brad is using The Twitters these days?