Prediction Time

Let’s hear those yearly picks. I wish I could pull up my picks from last season because they were actually pretty good for once, but alas, the old site is kaput. Many laughed when I picked the Panthers to win the NFC South, but the old adage of defense wins championships once again held true.

Anyway, onto my picks for 2004. As always, my picks are for informational purposes only. No wagering please. :rolleyes:

NFC East – Philly
NFC South – Carolina
NFC North – Minnesota
NFC West – Seattle
Wildcards – Green Bay, St Louis

AFC East – New England
AFC South – Indy
AFC North – Baltimore
AFC West – Kansas City
Wildcards – Tennessee, Houston

NFC Championship Game – Philly v Seattle
AFC Championship Game – NE v Indy
Super Bowl – Philly v Indy
Champ - Indy

I’ll go with 22-5, C-USA reg season and tournament champs, and sweet 16. :thumbsup: :toast:

Oh, you’re talking about the NFL. :wink: :smiley:

Oh yippee! That time of the year again when I completely screw up all my NFL predictions. I think I had Saint Louis in the NFC Championship game last year or winning it…not sure but hopefully I can do a little better this year. These are always fun to look back on about 10 weeks into the season. :smiley:

By the way Nova, way to cast aside all bias with that NFC Champion pick. :lol:

My humble predictions:

AFC East: Buffalo (JUST KIDDING!) New England
AFC South: Jacksonville
AFC North: Baltimore
AFC West: Kansas City
Wildcards: Tennessee, NY Jets

NFC East: Philly
NFC South: Carolina
NFC North: Minnesota
NFC West: Seattle
Wildcards: New Orleans, Washington

AFC Championship Game: Baltimore vs Jacksonville
NFC Championship Game: Philly vs Seattle
Super Bowl: Baltimore vs Seattle
Champs: Baltimore

AFC East: New England
AFC South: Tennessee
AFC North: Pittsburgh
AFC West: KC
Wildcards: Indianapolis, Denver

NFC South: Carolina
NFC North: Green Bay
Wildcards: Atlanta, Minnesota

AFC Championship Game: Indianapolis vs. Pittsburgh
NFC Championship Game: Philly vs Carolina
Super Bowl: Pittsburgh vs. Philly
Champs: Pittsburgh

NFL champ has to come from the middle of the previous season’s pack every third year.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 04:59 PM [b] Super Bowl: Pittsburgh vs. Philly

[/b]

Wow…talk about a nasty fan matchup for that game. There would be some serious hostility brewing for that one…lol. Would like to see that one take place in Philly.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Sep 8 2004, 04:48 PM [b] By the way Nova, way to cast aside all bias with that NFC Champion pick. :lol: [/b]
This is the Eagles year to, uh, lose in the Super Bowl.

I’m thinking NLP that you’re a Steelers fan. Call it a hunch. Philly has a lot more bad blood with the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys than the Steelers. Unfortunately Philly and Pburg don’t play often enough to make it more of an intense rivalry.

JCL, no Colts in the playoffs? That would certainly surprise a lot of people. I like Dungy to improve the defense enough to put them over the top, so of course that means they’ll stink this year.

AFC East: New England
AFC South: Indy
AFC North: Baltimore
AFC West: KC
Wildcards: Tennessee, Jacksonville

NFC South: Atlanta
NFC North: Minnesota
Wildcards: St. Louis, Carolina

AFC Championship Game: Indianapolis vs. Kansas City
NFC Championship Game: Philly vs Minnesota
Super Bowl: Minnesota vs. Indianapolis
Champs: Indy

Indy should have been in the Super Bowl last year. I think they’ll get there this year and take home the trophy. Minnesota will need Bennett and home field advantage to make it, but their defense looks to be better than they have been the last couple of years. My NFC Title game picks will meet at Philly in Week 2, and my AFC picks meet on Halloween. Spooky!!! :ph34r: :scared:

On the surface, the AFC sucks this year when compared to the NFC top to bottom.

My AFC finalists both lose their first game. Not a good sign. If the Panthers grab a victory tonight, my NFC picks look enlightening.

Go Falcons!!!

[i]Originally posted by NovaNiner[/i]@Sep 9 2004, 11:24 AM [b] JCL, no Colts in the playoffs? That would certainly surprise a lot of people. I like Dungy to improve the defense enough to put them over the top, so of course that means they’ll stink this year. [/b]
Well, if they don't make it, I want to be the one guy that said "told ya so." :D

They’re good but that defense is going to give up a LOT of points. They damn well better put up at least 30 a game if they want to make the playoffs and even then, most of their games will be close.

Speaking of poor defense…

I’m thinking my KC pick may not come to pass. That defense was supposed to me much improved. Just one game, but I wasn’t very impressed at all last night. Teams are going to put up a ton of points against them and when Trent Green looks average (like last night), they’re going to lose.

And screw the Jags while I’m at it. Way to give up THREE first downs on 4th down plays!!! Completely dominated the Jags defensively for the entire game, minus the last 90 seconds. How do you give up a 28 yard play on 4th and 8, with the opponent on their side of the field??? Nearly broke my personal NFL record of breaking a remote control. The old record was week 3 but it nearly got eclipsed by two weeks. There’s always next week though… :cuss: :ticked: :mallet:

But hey, my fantasy team kicked BUTT!!! Have C. Portis, C. Martin and Q. Griffin all in my backfield, along with C. Dillon. Started Dillon and Portis so I was kicking myself for not going with Martin. But I still won, easily and feel REALLY good about my RB’s, barring any injuries. Was at least one bright moment of my sports weekend and hopefully the Panthers can add another tonight.

My Super Bowl picks meet this week. Both need to improve their defense if they plan to make it there, though. If they both make it, the winner may have to score 50 to win. The over/under would be at least 70.

My Super Bowl champ pick is holding up nicely.

Ah to be a homer, and actually have it pan out (maybe, hopefully, dear GOD PLEASE).

Time to bring this back to the forefront. NLP could get all of the NFC playoff teams correct, though the South champ was different. Pittsburgh is looking like a pretty good pick also, so long as Big Ben isn’t hampered with the rib injury.

I still have a shot of getting my Super Bowl pick correct, but it’s very slim. The Colts and Vikings will have a tough time winning on the road in the cold.

[SIZE=4]GO BILLS!!![/SIZE]

AND

[SIZE=4]GO COLTS!!![/SIZE]

AND

[SIZE=4]GO RAMS!!![/SIZE]

Sorry but my Bills are on the brink of a being one dangerous as hell playoff team should we beat Pitt and one of those other two teams win. Yes, I know the Panthers need the Rams to lose but they can get help via two other teams so I’m pulling for the Rams.

My predictions didn’t pan out so great but mark my word, if Buffalo gets in, watch out. That defense is playing better than any other in the league right now, the running game has finally been resurrected after many years in the grave and Bledsoe has finally found a receiver with down-field speed. Special teams are playing their butts off as well. Hope the Bills get a piece of the Colts in the first round so Spikes can tattoo his jersey number on Manning’s chest. :mallet: :mallet: