Predictions for Panthers season???

How’s everyone feeling after the 1-2 start?

I think it’s going to be a shaky year simply because of health-concerns. This team simply cannot afford anymore injuries and that was my feeling prior to the Atlanta game. Long way to go but they have two very tough road games coming up that they will certainly not be favored in. This team is staring 1-4 right in the face if it doesn’t regroup. I have confidence in Jake but the offensive line is going to have to improve and the penalties are just costly and frustrating. As of this moment, I predict 6-10 season with certainly the opportunity to win 1 or 2 more if the cards fall their way. Not really jumping off the bandwagon because as a Bills fan, I was never really on one with the Panthers but they are my 2nd favorite team and I hope they win more than what I’m predicting right now.

During the 2nd half of last year the Panthers lost 3 in a row and everyone was proclaiming gloom and doom. The Cats’ schedule is a lot tougher this year, but I predict 9-7 and a wild card slot.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Oct 4 2004, 02:27 PM [b] During the 2nd half of last year the Panthers lost 3 in a row and everyone was proclaiming gloom and doom. The Cats' schedule is a lot tougher this year, but I predict 9-7 and a wild card slot. [/b]
TF, I think that difference from last year and this year is that last year's team stayed healthy (excluding Fields of course). Stephen Davis had a very productive year last season and that helped take the pressure off of Jake. This year, injuries are really hurting this squad. Foster has shown flashes but just doesn't provide the consistency needed and the O-line certainly isn't helping.

Injuries can turn a great team into a mediocre team rather quickly. Hurts on the field and it hurts the morale as well.

5 Sun, Oct 10 at Denver Loss
6 Sun, Oct 17 at Philadelphia Loss
7 Sun, Oct 24 San Diego Win
8 Sun, Oct 31 at Seattle Loss
9 Sun, Nov 7 Oakland Win
10 Sun, Nov 14 at San Francisco Loss
11 Sun, Nov 21 Arizona Win
12 Sun, Nov 28 Tampa Bay Win
13 Sun, Dec 5 at New Orleans Loss
14 Sun, Dec 12 St. Louis Loss
15 Sat, Dec 18 at Atlanta Loss
16 Sun, Dec 26 at Tampa Bay Loss
17 Sun, Jan 2 New Orleans Win

My predictions for the Panthers are ugly, but it’s gonna be ugly until they get Davis and Smith back. They are better than San Fran, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay if they are injury free. On the flip side, they could lose to San Diego and Oakland without their two star players. It ain’t lookin’ pretty.

P.S. I had them as a Wild Card team in my pre-season predictions.

5 Sun, Oct 10 at Denver Loss
6 Sun, Oct 17 at Philadelphia Loss
7 Sun, Oct 24 San Diego Win
8 Sun, Oct 31 at Seattle Loss
9 Sun, Nov 7 Oakland Win
10 Sun, Nov 14 at San Francisco Win
11 Sun, Nov 21 Arizona Win
12 Sun, Nov 28 Tampa Bay Win
13 Sun, Dec 5 at New OrleansWin
14 Sun, Dec 12 St. Louis Loss
15 Sat, Dec 18 at Atlanta Win
16 Sun, Dec 26 at Tampa Bay Win
17 Sun, Jan 2 New Orleans Win

10-6 and steve smith returns for the playoffs, although we have a strong chance of beating denver but 10-6 wildcard playoff spot, with a superbowl run

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Oct 4 2004, 03:41 PM [b] 10-6 and steve smith returns for the playoffs, although we have a strong chance of beating denver but 10-6 wildcard playoff spot, with a superbowl run [/b]
I'm pretty sure Smith is done for the season. That's what the guys on the Page were saying and they talk to him all the time. Plus, he got his big check. No sense in risking his career.

X you honestly think the 49ers will beat the Panthers? The 49ers are awful this year.

[b]X you honestly think the 49ers will beat the Panthers? The 49ers are awful this year. [/b]

If the Panthers are still injury depleted (no Davis, no Smith), then yes, I would pick the Niners. San Fran almost beat my Falcons in the opener, and they are usually tough at the 'Stick. They are a bit injury depleted themselves at the moment, so we’ll see. The way Barlow has been running, and the way the 1-3 Packers ran over the Panthers defense, I would say it’s very possible.