Predictions-With Iti back, what will we be ranked?

Metro, I agree with you. If we are ranked, it will be due to Withers - who should a candidate for C-USA POY - not our 6-9 center!

Perhaps the biggest surprise at the NBA predraft camp in Chicago was Charlotte C Martin Iti’s measurement. The 49ers list Iti at 7-0; it turns out he is 6-9–and 6-8 in socks.Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News/FoxSports.com

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jun 22 2004, 09:47 AM [b]Metro, I agree with you. If we are ranked, it will be due to Withers - who should a candidate for C-USA POY - not our 6-9 center!

Perhaps the biggest surprise at the NBA predraft camp in Chicago was Charlotte C Martin Iti’s measurement. The 49ers list Iti at 7-0; it turns out he is 6-9–and 6-8 in socks.Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News/FoxSports.com[/b]

ITi is a joke! What a waste of space!!

Iti appears to me to be a quality big man based on his performance as a freshman. I am not saying that he is an All American or even All Conference. I think he could be All Conference Junior or Senior Year and maybe honorable mention All American if he really works and develops his game.

What he is, is a legitimate College Center and not many schools have that in today’s College game. He has got to learn how to stay in the game and not pick up stupid fouls that limit his minutes. He has to set good picks and know how to go to the basket to pick up drive and dish and put back points. If he does a good job in these areas, he will average 10 points and 8 rebounds a game as a sophmore. If he does not take that step as a Sophomore, he will never amount to anything more than a big screen and decent defense when he is in the game.

He is nowhere near the NBA but does have the body and arms to be a backup center in the league at some point…IF HE WORKS HARD AND DEVELOPS HIS GAME!!!

Everyone is more down on Iti than they were on Withers prior to his freshman season. Sheesh. I thought that was impossible.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jun 23 2004, 07:11 PM [b] Everyone is more down on Iti than they were on Withers prior to his freshman season. Sheesh. I thought that was impossible. [/b]
YOu have to remember. Withers didn't bring it every night at the Charlotte Sportscenter. Given that he deserved to be dumped on. :rolleyes: :D

Hey MK nice avatar

Thanks! Though given your screen name it should probably belong to you. :smiley: