Prep All Stars Challenge in Halton Arena

Anyone go to this today? They have some games tomorrow too.

link - [URL=http://prepallstars.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/prep-all-stars-challenge-july-6-and-7-schedule/]http://prepallstars.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/prep-all-stars-challenge-july-6-and-7-schedule/[/URL]

I heard there were some HIGH level recruits there for the future. I plan on being there tomorrow.

Caught the tail end of it, as NNG was setting up for SOAR. They’re weren’t any names on the jersey’s, so I couldn’t name any prep kids.
But scouts were out in full force from several schools. Only Charlotte coach I saw was Rob Perron, but it was already nine o’clock, so who know who was there earlier.

i would hope that we had coaches there today other than just perron since we are hosting the event.

ninerreport.com just posted a article about the event. the stars featured in the article Anthony Thomas, Tyler Lewis, Reco McCarter, Leek Leek, Anthony Banks, David Nyarsuk

anybody want to give a recap?

[QUOTE=truninersfan;418291]ninerreport.com just posted a article about the event. the stars featured in the article Anthony Thomas, Tyler Lewis, Reco McCarter, [B]Leek Leek[/B], Anthony Banks, David Nyarsuk[/QUOTE]

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wouldn’t an Athletic Dept. that was on the ball, have notified fans weeks ago, so they can ask off of work, cheer loudly in the seats yelling Niners, so that maybe some of these players might want to go here?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;418313]Wouldn’t an Athletic Dept. that was on the ball, have notified fans weeks ago, so they can ask off of work, cheer loudly in the seats yelling Niners, so that maybe some of these players might want to go here?[/QUOTE]

This was not put on by the AD I dont believe. So it wasnt really their place to promote. Also, there wasnt much room in there, and what little room there was, was taken up by coaches and scouts.

[QUOTE=Cha_49;418323]This was not put on by the AD I dont believe. So it wasnt really their place to promote. Also, there wasnt much room in there, and what little room there was, was taken up by coaches and scouts.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the recruiting violations involved with promoting an event full of potential recruits.

its nice that we have some guys here who have now visited our campus for at least the second time. i know this must be at least the third time tyler lewis has visited. this is the second trip for mccarter. plus we got some new guys on campus. hopefully we had coaches there for them to talk to.

sucks that a lot of the action took place in Belk Gym. That building just needs to be knocked down. It’s old and outdated, poorly designed, no A/C or wifi, and just a general eyesore. Not a facility that is going to attract a lot of recruits.

I think the Belk Gym is an icon.

sucks that a lot of the action took place in Belk Gym. That building just needs to be knocked down. It's old and outdated, poorly designed, no A/C or wifi, and just a general eyesore. Not a facility that is going to attract a lot of recruits.

I’m sure the camp went throught Halton a couple of times.

But Belk Gym won’t go anywhere until a new rec center is built.

I'm sure the camp went throught Halton a couple of times.

But Belk Gym won’t go anywhere until a new rec center is built.

All of the AAU games were played in Halton Arena. Some games were played in the main practice gym. None of the AAU games were played in Belk. Many of the parents I spoke to were very impressed by the practice gym and Halton Arena itself.

any of them have interest in playing for us/been receiving interest from us?

I think the Belk Gym is an icon.
I know why it doesn't attract recruits and all that, but I loved watching games in Belk. I remember seeing Dan Bannister dunk in there for the first time, way more impressive than it looked in the coliseum for some reason.

from ninerreport.com article

Anthony Thomas – Charlotte, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Xavier, Florida State, South Florida, Nebraska, and Auburn

Tyler Lewis - offers right now from Charlotte, Virginia Tech, and Auburn…Lewis said he ranks Charlotte first or second at this moment

Reco McCarter – Niners are in his top five right now and he is looking to make a decision on his college future sometime in November

Leek Leek - Tennessee, Pittsburgh, DePaul, and Houston

Anthony Banks - Penn State, Radford, Auburn, VCU, VMI, and Akron

David Nyarsuk - Tennessee and Ohio State