Presbyterian post game

Well, thoughts? We survived. [font=Verdana][size=78%]You could say, we almost… got… HOSED [/size][/font] :stuck_out_tongue:

The good: it was a win. At least we hit some shots

The bad: free throw shooting, too much 1 on 1 offense

well, 1-2 - got our first real win of the season. Tougher test coming up. Hope we’re up to it.

clt says we are more concerned about the new fb coach.

We’re not good. It’s a W, I’ll take it.
d’son is going to torch us. Dread it. We can beat high point and wake if we play our best, though.

I thought they looked extremely good tonight. The Gold Dusters, that is.

We won, but we didn’t look all that good tonight. Against a team like this we should look like champs. We did not handle their zone well. We did have some pretty good individual efforts, but as a team we are still a bit of a mess. I think we have the chance to get better as we move forward, but we will take our lumps unless we do.

I was happy to hear Fancher talk about being dissatisfied with the effort tonight. That is the appropriate response from a coach when we play like this.

Attendance looked like about 1500. I know this is Thanksgiving week, but that just sucks.

Did cross my mind that a perinneal cellar dwellar of the Big South was going toe to toe with us for most of the game. Having listened to the earlier NC State vs PC contest, I wasn’t too surprised by the closeness of tonight’s tilt. The Blue Hose led the Pack by 8 at halftime of that game.

Anyway, we pulled this one out and should do the same versus High Point. Agree that Davidson is going to be a totally different opponent than this week’s foray against the BSC.

Also enjoyed listening to Coach Fancher’s postgame comments. Definitely tells it like it is!

[quote=“Run49er, post:6, topic:31197”]Did cross my mind that a perinneal cellar dwellar of the Big South was going toe to toe with us for most of the game. Having listened to the earlier NC State vs PC contest, I wasn’t too surprised by the closeness of tonight’s tilt. The Blue Hose led the Pack by 8 at halftime of that game.

Anyway, we pulled this one out and should do the same versus High Point. Agree that Davidson is going to be a totally different opponent than this week’s foray against the BSC.

Also enjoyed listening to Coach Fancher’s postgame comments. Definitely tells it like it is![/quote]
If only we had a radio broadcast partner that would add the postgame interviews on Twitter or something like they’re supposed to. Anyways, I had this team’s back after CoC, I cannot defend a 5 minute scoreless stretch against Presby

clt agrees.

[quote=“49er1, post:3, topic:31197”]We’re not good. It’s a W, I’ll take it.
d’son is going to torch us. Dread it. We can beat high point and wake if we play our best, though.[/quote]

I’m actually very worried about High Point. Davidson is going to absolutely obliterate us I think. Hope we can turn it around.

Why does Hudson Price play 29 minutes? Oh yeah, his dad is the coach. Is this the only reason he took this job?
So his son could have a place to get major minutes.

Year 3 of the Price era and we are going toe to toe with Big South cellar dweller PC Blue Hose
This is pathetic. But it is what I excepted when your hire a guy that had zero connections to college basketball.

[quote=“Nugget, post:5, topic:31197”]We won, but we didn’t look all that good tonight. Against a team like this we should look like champs. We did not handle their zone well. We did have some pretty good individual efforts, but as a team we are still a bit of a mess. I think we have the chance to get better as we move forward, but we will take our lumps unless we do.

I was happy to hear Fancher talk about being dissatisfied with the effort tonight. That is the appropriate response from a coach when we play like this.

Attendance looked like about 1500. I know this is Thanksgiving week, but that just sucks.[/quote]

Scheduling games this close to each other just makes getting to games tough, even tougher when we aren’t good. Having brought my daughter Saturday night, I couldn’t bring her back out Monday night.

So we squeak by Presbyterian College and are worried about High Point? Even with basketball at the lowest long term sustainable level in school history, there is good news! Our basketball program is still better than our football program.

WTF are Judy and Phil doing? Sitting on their asses laughing at us?

49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

I think we are missing the point. Our past three coaches have been pretty much the three molds of where you expect a coach to come from.

A: Alum, fireball, adored by other alums, good recruiter, worked his butt off in this region to get here.

B: Assistant at high major successful program, experience in A10, Great recruiter

C: Celeb, Former superstar, knows shooting, and offensive coaching inside and out. NBA assistant, great marketer

None of them have been successful. They all share something in common. I’m beginning to wonder if Brad Stevens could win here. We have serious issues at the macro level. It’s time to stop complaining about our coaches. Our product on the field/court sucks in every sport. There’s a common thread. We flat out don’t know if our coaches are good enough, because they are being handed an impossible task. Aiming vitriol at Mark Price is not going to do good things for our program.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:31197”]49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

I think we are missing the point. Our past three coaches have been pretty much the three molds of where you expect a coach to come from.

A: Alum, fireball, adored by other alums, good recruiter, worked his butt off in this region to get here.

B: Assistant at high major successful program, experience in A10, Great recruiter

C: Celeb, Former superstar, knows shooting, and offensive coaching inside and out. NBA assistant, great marketer

None of them have been successful. They all share something in common. I’m beginning to wonder if Brad Stevens could win here. We have serious issues at the macro level. It’s time to stop complaining about our coaches. Our product on the field/court sucks in every sport. There’s a common thread. We flat out don’t know if our coaches are good enough, because they are being handed an impossible task. Aiming vitriol at Mark Price is not going to do good things for our program.[/quote]

Not wanting you to rehash the entire string, what did Phil say to indicate he didn’t care about donations? If thats the case, the reliance on student fees is that much more criminal. He should he begging for donations to relieve the student burden, not using them as an FU to the dwindling base.

Also- I’d love to repeat the lack of success Lutz had, won one of the best non power leagues 3 times, went to 5 NCAA’s. I think the A10 and his own petering out derailed him. Major and Price certainly had/have some things going in their favor, but the hurdles both internally (Judy/Phil) and externally (Downward mobility in conferences) have killed the program. Our coaches bring a strongly worded letter to a gun fight.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:31197”]49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

None of them have been successful. They all share something in common. I’m beginning to wonder if Brad Stevens could win here. We have serious issues at the macro level. It’s time to stop complaining about our coaches. Our product on the field/court sucks in every sport. There’s a common thread. We flat out don’t know if our coaches are good enough, because they are being handed an impossible task. Aiming vitriol at Mark Price is not going to do good things for our program.[/quote]

Clayton, I’ve been thinking this for a while now. I know both Judy and Phil hurt Bobby’s success, and in more ways than one. And as you are aware, Judy has done no favors for our baseball program.

I wonder if Phil was always the last one chosen for a team when he was younger.

[quote=“s9er, post:14, topic:31197”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:31197”]49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

Not wanting you to rehash the entire string, what did Phil say to indicate he didn’t care about donations? If thats the case, the reliance on student fees is that much more criminal. He should he begging for donations to relieve the student burden, not using them as an FU to the dwindling base.

Also- I’d love to repeat the lack of success Lutz had, won one of the best non power leagues 3 times, went to 5 NCAA’s. I think the A10 and his own petering out derailed him. Major and Price certainly had/have some things going in their favor, but the hurdles both internally (Judy/Phil) and externally (Downward mobility in conferences) have killed the program. Our coaches bring a strongly worded letter to a gun fight. [/quote]

He reemed me for not donating to academics, and didn’t mention athletics at all.

“Our coaches are bringing a strongly worded letter to a gun fight” is the most accurately worded thing I have read on this board. I don’t think it’s price, major, lutz, or lambert anymore. she’s gotta go.

If we had a winning team in anything donations would be at an all-time high with the way the economy is currently. The stock market is setting records every week, jobs are good, business is good, etc. I told someone from the foundation that winning and your job is easy, but with our current situation with Phil and Judy then nobody wants to give till they are gone.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:16, topic:31197”][quote=“s9er, post:14, topic:31197”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:31197”]49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

Also- I’d love to repeat the lack of success Lutz had, won one of the best non power leagues 3 times, went to 5 NCAA’s. I think the A10 and his own petering out derailed him. Major and Price certainly had/have some things going in their favor, but the hurdles both internally (Judy/Phil) and externally (Downward mobility in conferences) have killed the program. Our coaches bring a strongly worded letter to a gun fight. [/quote]

He reemed me for not donating to academics, and didn’t mention athletics at all.

“Our coaches are bringing a strongly worded letter to a gun fight” is the most accurately worded thing I have read on this board. I don’t think it’s price, major, lutz, or lambert anymore. she’s gotta go.[/quote]

He really is a pompous SOB.

My wife is an alum too, she has been wanting to donate to the business school fora few years and I keep discouraging it becasue he’s such a dick… I should be less vindictive when it comes to the academic side.

[font=Roboto][size=11px]“Our coaches bring a strongly worded letter to a gun fight.” Brilliant prose![/size][/font]

[quote=“s9er, post:18, topic:31197”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:16, topic:31197”][quote=“s9er, post:14, topic:31197”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:31197”]49r9r, that’s what Phil is doing. Idk about Judy. I emailed him yesterday, and he made it clear he couldn’t care less about athletic donations.

“Our coaches are bringing a strongly worded letter to a gun fight” is the most accurately worded thing I have read on this board. I don’t think it’s price, major, lutz, or lambert anymore. she’s gotta go.[/quote]

He really is a pompous SOB.

My wife is an alum too, she has been wanting to donate to the business school fora few years and I keep discouraging it becasue he’s such a dick… I should be less vindictive when it comes to the academic side.[/quote]

Phuck Fill!!!