Presbyterian Pre Game Thread

[quote=“49er1, post:20, topic:29800”]Right now, Saturday’s weather forecast is mostly cloudy all day with a 50% chance of a shower or t-storm, high of 82-83. 81 around kickoff. It’s only Tuesday, so I expect it to change as we get closer, as usual.[/quote]hope chance of rain goes down, but those Temps would be excellent.

Shouldn’t this be the Novant Health Pre-Game Thread. :))

And apparently I mistook last year’s Elon loss for a loss to Presby. Hey, they’re both religious schools.

Can’t seem to locate any update on their QB

I hope either Barden gets the start or we’re in a position (winning big) to put him in during the 2nd half.

What I hope is Matt comes out, plays very well and with game in hand Barden comes in and gets some PT.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:22, topic:29800”]Shouldn’t this be the Novant Health Pre-Game Thread. :))

And apparently I mistook last year’s Elon loss for a loss to Presby. Hey, they’re both religious schools.[/quote]

Ha! Elon. You older guys may remember when their nickname was the Fighting Christians. :))

[quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:29800”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:22, topic:29800”]Shouldn’t this be the Novant Health Pre-Game Thread. :))

And apparently I mistook last year’s Elon loss for a loss to Presby. Hey, they’re both religious schools.[/quote]

Ha! Elon. You older guys may remember when their nickname was the Fighting Christians. :))[/quote]

I guess that makes me an older guy! I had season tickets to their football games when I was in high school, and the students liked to cheer “Give 'em hell Christians!”.

Any injury updates on our guys? I wasn’t able to listen to all of the Coaches Show last night.

Injuries I noticed watching the game for a second time (and sober).

Danny Book missed some time at RT. German filled in but I noticed Book was back later in the game.
Wolfgang Zacherl went down at RG, but I didn’t notice who replaced him (likely Nate Davis) or if he came back in.
Thomas LaBianca left the game. Came back out of the locker room with his shoe off late in the game. Barr replaced him at C.
KP went into the locker room late in the game. Not sure what the injury was or if he returned.
Larry O went down early in the game but came back and played.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:28, topic:29800”]Any injury updates on our guys? I wasn’t able to listen to all of the Coaches Show last night.

Danny Book missed some time at RT. German filled in but I noticed Book was back later in the game.
Wolfgang Zacherl went down at RG, but I didn’t notice who replaced him (likely Nate Davis) or if he came back in.
Thomas LaBianca left the game. Came back out of the locker room with his shoe off late in the game. Barr replaced him at C.
KP went into the locker room late in the game. Not sure what the injury was or if he returned.
Larry O went down early in the game but came back and played.[/quote]

KP left went to the locker room with about 3 minutes left in the game. He was not limping or being helped.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:28, topic:29800”]Any injury updates on our guys? I wasn’t able to listen to all of the Coaches Show last night.

Larry O went down early in the game but came back and played.[/quote]Turf toe for LaBianca, per Coach Lambert during postgame. It was Davis that came in for Zacherl.

They call them injury timeouts, but I think most of these were “timeout injuries”. :wink:

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:31, topic:29800”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:28, topic:29800”]Any injury updates on our guys? I wasn’t able to listen to all of the Coaches Show last night.

They call them injury timeouts, but I think most of these were “timeout injuries”. ;)[/quote]

Larry’s was odd for sure. He looked like he had a serious injury, and then a few plays later was right back in the game. La Bianca’s may have been a serious case of bruised pride after his first half performance.

Weekly press conference

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:32, topic:29800”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:31, topic:29800”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:28, topic:29800”]Any injury updates on our guys? I wasn’t able to listen to all of the Coaches Show last night.

They call them injury timeouts, but I think most of these were “timeout injuries”. ;)[/quote]

Larry’s was odd for sure. He looked like he had a serious injury, and then a few plays later was right back in the game. La Bianca’s may have been a serious case of bruised pride after his first half performance.[/quote]

Larry probably had a cramp or charlie horse or something. Hurts like hell for about five minutes then you’re good as new.

I thought Larry got straight up racked. True story. Would explain why he was back in the game soon after.

[quote=“Nugget, post:27, topic:29800”][quote=“49er1, post:26, topic:29800”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:22, topic:29800”]Shouldn’t this be the Novant Health Pre-Game Thread. :))

Ha! Elon. You older guys may remember when their nickname was the Fighting Christians. :))[/quote]

I guess that makes me an older guy! I had season tickets to their football games when I was in high school, and the students liked to cheer “Give 'em hell Christians!”.[/quote]

Nugget, are you from Alamance Co?

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:32, topic:29800”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:31, topic:29800”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:28, topic:29800”]Any injury updates on our guys? I wasn’t able to listen to all of the Coaches Show last night.

Larry’s was odd for sure. He looked like he had a serious injury, and then a few plays later was right back in the game. La Bianca’s may have been a serious case of bruised pride after his first half performance.[/quote]we thought he had his breath knocked out.

According to the Observer story, LaBianca was the only serious injury- Turf Toe. He is day to day, probably a game time decision.

Apparently their starting rb was hurt very early and the rb with the carries was a backup.

Our game notes:

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=590213&SPID=72735&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210326990&DB_OEM_ID=23200

Depth Chart appears to be the same.