Priority Points

Not that I am anywhere close to mattering, but [B]do the same Priority Points for basketball equal the same ones for baseball?[/B]

The reason I ask is that it is probably not in my best interest to buy season tickets this year and would come out better by just buying tickets at the door. That said June 30th is coming up and thought that it would be good to instead put a few dollars towards my points.

That being said, if and when we get football, if baseball and basketball points are the same, chances are football will follow the same mold.

Just curious.

I am sure that prioity points are the same regardless of sport. The school could hardly hit up donors twice for basketball and football, but if they did people would divide their donations in half and the Athletic Foundation would do twice the work for the same amount of money.

I don’t know where you stand on based priority points, but one more reason to consider donating now and building points is that if you have a low point total it is pretty easy to leap over those around you at this stage. An extra $50, or an extra year of giving gets you somewhere. After you have been doing it for a while and have built up your point total you will find that everyone around you has also been giving for a while and are not likely to drop out. This means that moving forward takes a big jump in donation.

Your goal should be to get into the middle of the pack priority point-wise as soon as you can, then enjoy the games, keep up your giving, and let the years start to build.

[QUOTE=ninerID;243802]Not that I am anywhere close to mattering, but [B]do the same Priority Points for basketball equal the same ones for baseball?[/B]

The reason I ask is that it is probably not in my best interest to buy season tickets this year and would come out better by just buying tickets at the door. That said June 30th is coming up and thought that it would be good to instead put a few dollars towards my points.

That being said, if and when we get football, if baseball and basketball points are the same, chances are football will follow the same mold.

Just curious.[/QUOTE]
ID, it likely would not greatly affect you unless you’ve purchased season tickets for many years. You do get one point for each CONSECUTIVE season you’ve purchased basketball tickets.

Link: [URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/boosters/boosters-points.html][B]49er Club Priority Point System[/B][/URL]

[QUOTE]Athletic Foundation donors are rewarded through priority seating in Halton Arena for Men’s Basketball season tickets. The Priority Point System also applies to seating for regular season road games and post-season tournaments.

Priority Points are assigned as follows:

[B]4 POINTS[/B] for each consecutive year of 49er Club membership
[B]3 POINTS[/B] for each $100 donated during the current fiscal year (July 1-June 30)
[B]2 POINTS[/B] for each $100 donated during the donor’s membership history
[B]1 POINT[/B] for each consecutive year of purchasing Men’s Basketball season tickets as a 49er Club member

The following is an example of how the Priority Point System is applied: A 49er Club member has donated $1,000 per year for 8 consecutive years and has purchased Men’s Basketball season tickets for 5 consecutive years.

8 consecutive years of membership [B]4 x 8 = 32 POINTS[/B]
$1,000 donated during the current fiscal year [B]3 x (1000/100) = 30 POINTS[/B]
$8,000 donated during the member’s history [B]2 x (8000/100) = 160 POINTS[/B]
5 consecutive years of purchasing season tickets [B]1 x 5 = 5 POINTS[/B]
[B]TOTAL = 227 POINTS[/B]

Please note: Men’s Basketball season tickets are assigned using each member’s priority rank as of June 30 of the previous year.[/QUOTE]
Contact someone in the 49er Club office, they can help you figure it out.

Michael Hummer, (704) 687-4951, mjhummer@email.uncc.edu
Kelly Weatherman, (704) 687-6024, kaweathe@email.uncc.edu
Dan DeVos, (704) 687-3766, drdevos@email.uncc.edu
Celia Laney, (704) 687-4950, crlaney@email.uncc.edu

I will be graduating soon. How does this points system work for students? Do any of the student loyalty points carry over?

I am considering racking up some big points now in case we get football.

Gill, you would get 4 points for each year in Niner Nation Gold, 3 points for each $100 contributed that year and 2 points for each $100 contributed cumulatively.

Example: 2 years in Niner Nation Gold = 8 POINTS
$20 contributed for 2007-08 = .06 POINT
$40 contributed total = .08 POINT
TOTAL = 9.4 POINTS

As a graduate, you can join as a first year alum for $25, instead of the usual $49 minimum for Gold Dust members. You also get the great deal of being able to purchase season tickets for $49 the first year and $120 afterwards in sections 216 and 226. That’s a great deal cheaper than the $288 for Priority 1 or $232 for Priority 2 seats.

damn. Soo all these points I am accrueing now dont count for anything in the alumni side of things?

Dont I get anything for being a Halton Hooligan?

An attaboy!

An attaboy!

:eek: OUCH!

You also get the respect of your peers, your university, and its alumni…

… and a big helping of nothing else.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;243833]damn. Soo all these points I am accrueing now dont count for anything in the alumni side of things?

Dont I get anything for being a Halton Hooligan?[/QUOTE]

You get a “Thank You” for being a hooligan. And a nice letter to start ponying up like the rest of the alumni, or even non-alumni who are supportive of the local University Athletic Dept and are 49er club members/season ticket holders. They couldn’t rightly allow you to carry over all your points from 4 (or more?) years of undergrad activities that could essentially allow you to start out somewhere other than the bottom – alumni/friends of the University do not have the ability to participate in that points system to boost their “standing”. Now, if you were a student member of the 49er Club, those 49er Club points (as HP illustrated) would/should count.

And if you don’t get an official letter thanking you for being a hooligan… consider this post as your thanks.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;243833]damn. Soo all these points I am accrueing now dont count for anything in the alumni side of things?
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the real world!! :biggrin:

[SIZE=1]PS. It sucks. [/SIZE]

The points you get for joining NinerNation Gold as a student does help towards Alumni seating when you graduate. Niner Nation Loyalty Points for attending every game do not.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;243837]:eek: OUCH!

You also get the respect of your peers, your university, and its alumni…

… and a big helping of nothing else.[/QUOTE]

You will also learn to appreciate of serving of “nothing else”. So much so, that when you get your new lapel pin and 49er Club sticker each year, it is a very exciting day.

Also, it may not happen right away, but you will ultimately realize that the Halton Arena ticket policies fail to maximize the “$$$$” opportunities that exist for mens hoops. (but I guess we don’t really need to open that can of worms, again).