Profanity

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the words that get starred out are chosen? You can say so many words but then for some reason you cant say . Haha, I know you cant see that. What if you want to say Game? I dont get how c*** is worse than shit. Why is f*** worse than bitch? Where is this line and why is it not straight?

It seems that the most vulgar and tasteless ones are censored

[QUOTE=Threemire09;173349]It seems that the most vulgar and tasteless ones are censored[/QUOTE]

Funny, but Memphis and Huggins aren’t censored.

******* is.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the words that get starred out are chosen? You can say so many words but then for some reason you cant say ****. Haha, I know you cant see that. What if you want to say Game****? I dont get how c*** is worse than shit. Why is f*** worse than bitch? Where is this line and why is it not straight?
The censored words are manually entered within the Admin Control Panel. I chose the obvious "bad" words (vulgar, racist, etc.). Sometimes it creates a problem such as talking about Dick Vitale. But you can simply type it as D1ck Vitale and it's understood. Actually, I think I corrected the Dick one so that should be fine. But there may be other times when an allowed word is blocked out because the system doesn't recognize the context. You shouldn't have to use profanity to make a point anyway but that's just my f****** opinion. :tongue: