Props to Over40 and JimmyHat.....

at the Wake - Maryland game last night. It made them easy to see in a crowd of gold and black.

Great atmosphere at LBJ last night!

Also, be thankful everyday for our golddusters!

Crowd was amazing, their student section is as impressive as any I have ever seen including cameron. I didn’t think that crowd would be that great since I ended up eating 4 tickets because I couldn’t find anyone to even give them away to outside(along with 100 other people). Props to the Wake fans, it is amazing what Prosser has done to tranform that crowd from nothing special in the Dave Odom era to top 10 in the nation now.

Good to see Over40 is breaking in the new threads before going skiing next week.

I’d agree on WFU’s students being supportive, I sat near them for the Florida State fotball game, they were fantastic. Their tradition of “rolling the Quad” after any basketball or football vicory is something everyone should attend (and particiapte in) at least once. Little kids become Deacons for life when a student gives them a roll of tissue to toss in the trees! It’s one great celebration, but I image a tough time the morning after when there’s no TP and you are taking a beer dump. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by NinerAl[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 11:26 AM [b] Also, be thankful everyday for our golddusters! [/b]
On a related note... I watched some of the Wisconsin/Ohio St. game on ESPN last night and at halftime the Wisconsin dancers (dancing beavers maybe?) did their dance to "She talks to Angels" by The Black Crowes. WTF?
[i]Originally posted by NinerAl[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 11:26 AM [b] at the Wake - Maryland game last night. It made them easy to see in a crowd of gold and black.

Great atmosphere at LBJ last night!

Also, be thankful everyday for our golddusters! [/b]

I wonder if the fans on the Wake boards started a thread about fans wearing other teams’ gear to their games :lol:
[i]Originally posted by NinerAl[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 12:26 PM [b] Also, be thankful everyday for our golddusters! [/b]
I was at at game there one time and the dance team came out on to the court at the same time as the Chick-fil-a cows did. The PA announcer said "Here come the cows!!!!! " :lol: :lol: How fitting. Everyone around me was laughing hysterically.
[i]Originally posted by NinerAl[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 11:26 AM [b] ........Also, be thankful everyday for our golddusters! [/b]
That's an understatement! B)

Over40, could you perhaps become the Charlotte version of the fan that dances in the aisles during timeouts at the Wake Forest games? He is incredible and fun to watch!

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 03:13 PM [b] Over40, could you perhaps become the Charlotte version of the fan that dances in the aisles during timeouts at the Wake Forest games? He is incredible and fun to watch! [/b]
While he was doing his thing the Wake dance team was on the floor doing a routine and I don't think one person at the game was watching them. I would pay big money to see Over40 do those moves at one of our games.
[i]Originally posted by NinerAl[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 04:39 PM [b] I would pay big money to see Over40 do those moves at one of our games. [/b]
How much money?

:smiley: