Pro's & Cons of Tivo

I’m thinking about getting Tivo.I must admit I know very little about them.Instead of going to a store and listing to a salesman pitch.I will ask my ninernation brotheren.I love college football and I’m recording games on VCR & DVR.One problem is there is to many games on at the same time.Can Tivo record three things at the same time? What kind of price should a pay for one? I would appreciate any help and thoughts any one can give me. Thanks

[QUOTE=ninerrbl;414789]I’m thinking about getting Tivo.I must admit I know very little about them.Instead of going to a store and listing to a salesman pitch.I will ask my ninernation brotheren.I love college football and I’m recording games on VCR & DVR.One problem is there is to many games on at the same time.Can Tivo record three things at the same time? What kind of price should a pay for one? I would appreciate any help and thoughts any one can give me. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it can record three things at one time, only two (unless they have a new system I don’t know about). If you like watching sports on the re-wind, you’ll love it. My wife is addicted to it because you set it once and it records easily without having to worry about running out of tape. I have the non-HD one, and it cost about $200 with a coupon (it’s now $149.99). If you need the HD one, you can get the low capacity (20 hr) model for $300 and large capacity (150 fr) one for $600.

If you have DirecTV, I would ask about the DirecTV HD DVR to see if folks like it. I’m thinking about getting it for my room downstairs when I finally get HD. It holds 50 hours of HD programming (compared to 20 and 150 of the Tivo models). The price varies, but if you are a DirecTV customer you can usually get one cheap if you keep your eyes open.

The DirecTV HD DVR is pretty good. You can record/watch two things at once if you hook up both tuners.

If you sign an agreement with them or an extension to your current agreement you should be able to get it for free. If that doesn’t work threaten to switch to Dish. Worst case is you should pay about $100.