Providence Journal projects Charlotte to finish 4th in A10

Thanks for saying what I was trying to say, only much better!

LOL no prob :biggrin:

By far, the best of the Fordham-La Salle-Duquesne-St. Bonaventure 'Why-are-they-even-in-the-league?' group.

Ha! So trueā€¦ Can at least two of these schools be kicked out?? PLEEEASE??

[I]11. George Washington (9-17, 5-11): Karl Hobbs bounced Maureece Rice out of the program and heā€™ll move forward with a strong trio of Rob Diggs, Damian Hollis and Noel Wilmore.[/I]

ā€˜Duhā€™ prediction of the year - George Washington will be better than last year. Will they make the NCAAs for another 3 consecutive years? Hell, no.

What the hell is going on with GW anyways? From a Top 10 national ranking just two years ago, to the pits of the A10. Sure, everyone has ā€œrebuildingā€ phases, but manā€¦

I say if we keep a school we keep duquesne - first of all bc its fun to listen to ppl massacre the pronunciation of their name, secondly because they arenā€™t doodoo brown, and thirdly bc i actually heard rumors of them being decent at least once since weā€™ve been in the a10 (something I cannot say for the other 3)

I say if we keep a school we keep duquesne - first of all bc its fun to listen to ppl massacre the pronunciation of their name, secondly because they aren't doodoo brown, and thirdly bc i actually heard rumors of them being decent at least once since we've been in the a10 (something I cannot say for the other 3)

Not to mention we can fool the general public by saying we play DUKE[SIZE=1]s. [/SIZE]So fine, Duquesne stays. :tongue: And supposedly Fordham is a program on the rise, so they can stay too. So I say La Salle and St. Bonaventure get the boot! Sorry guys, but you freaking suckā€¦ :unhappy:

Dear St. Bonaventure,

I regret to inform you that I actually (and Iā€™m not overexagerating) yelled ā€œwoohoo!ā€ when I saw that you were not paired up to play us at home this year. Please resign from the league immediately.

Thank you,

Ben

I agree 100% with Saint Louis - but I couldn't name 2 teams that I could confidently put below Duquesne. I think he mentioned Mo Rice getting bounced from the team to maybe imply that GW might not miss him as much as we might think.

Anyway, I thought the review was pretty solid. Since thereā€™s not much going on in the slow summer months here, anyway - Iā€™ll toss in my own early thoughts.

Nice summary Survivor. I mostly agree with your picks, with two disagreements. One, I think X is going to struggle more than people think, particularly if they have a similar schedule to last year, but should be really good by the end of the year (as their young guards learn how to run a team). So many keep pointing to Lavender, but Burrell was huge defensively, and Duncan was huge offensively too. Brown will be good, Raymond is streaky good, but they really lost the heart and soul of that team in those three players.

Temple loses Tyndale, also a key player, but Allen is a beast. He has such long arms and yet retains quickness, heā€™s going to be really good. I think Temple beats out X in conference, but maybe not in the tourney.

The Dukes were not all that impressive to me last year, and they lost their best player. I wonder if theyā€™ll still be as competitive.

WH is down on Saint Louis I think b/c he was completely unimpressed by Majerus. Majerus seemed to throw last season away, and Liddellā€™s performance was atrocious. I expect theyā€™ll be better, provided Liddell and Majerus remain on the same page.

I see us around 4th or 5th. I hope we go higher, but Iā€™m curious to see what the offense looks like. Weā€™ll either have Mack, Andersen and/or a freshmen/juco transfer gunning tons of 3ā€™s like we always seem to lately (Lutz I suppose), or weā€™ll try to have a more balanced attack that better fits our personnel. I do hope we keep the enthusiasm and defense from last year going, that was an impressive turn-around.

LOL no prob :biggrin:

Ha! So trueā€¦ Can at least two of these schools be kicked out?? PLEEEASE??

What the hell is going on with GW anyways? From a Top 10 national ranking just two years ago, to the pits of the A10. Sure, everyone has ā€œrebuildingā€ phases, but manā€¦

You remember their schedule that year? Didnt that have something to do with it too?

[QUOTE=Gill2003;331430]You remember their schedule that year? Didnt that have something to do with it too?[/QUOTE]

gill, refresh my memory - did they [I]Davidson[/I] their schedule?

We finish top 3 in A-10. X, Temple, and Charlotte will break away and it will be a close race between the three. All three of us could break the top 25 at some point in the season. We have a lot to look forward to the next few years.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;331434]gill, refresh my memory - did they [I]Davidson[/I] their schedule?[/QUOTE]

They didnā€™t just Davidson their scheduleā€¦ They taught Davidson how to put more fluff in the schedule. [URL=http://www.kenpom.com/sked.php?team=George%20Washington&y=2006&t=p][U][B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Link[/COLOR][/B][/U][/URL]

*I had not remembered them losing to UNC-R that year. Anyways, look at the rank of their OOC opponents.

**I checked the schedule against ESPN and it was right. Funny thing is their logo on [URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=45&year=2006][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]ESPN[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]ā€¦ :lmao: A little GSU/GWU confusion.