PS3/360 vs Wii

Hey guys. So I want to make a purchase, but I am a little divided here.

I want to buy a 360/PS3 for GTA4. But I think thats really the only game right now that I want to buy.

Or I could buy a Wii, which has the Wii Fit or whatever its called that I want. Outside of that, it has some awesome games and just seems like a fun system.

Im a little lost at sea here. My gf cant decide which we should get either.

Any suggestions? Anyone wanna break it down? I cant decide, and I guess i’d like to see a little argument towards both, kinda wrap my mind around it better.

Thanks guys!

my vote is for 360. GTA 4 is awesome and gears of war 2 coming out in november should be great. Wii is an awesome choice, though, if you go that route.

I have both a 360 and the Wii. Comparing the 2 is VERY difficult. They are different gaming experiences. The Wii can not hold a candle to the 360 (or the PS3) graphically, but the games are a ton of fun. The online experience with the Wii is ok, but it is extremely cool to be able to go online and check your email without getting off the couch. The 360 has some awesome games, Halo, Gears, Call of Duty on top of GTA. If you are into playing Madden and sports games those games are going to look much better on the 360 or PS3. I prefer the 360 for gaming on my own, but if you plan on playing with friends the Wii is hard to beat! Just my thoughts.

Oh and if you plan on getting Rockband get the 360 - the online music downloading on XBox Live has seriously extended the life of that game. Every tuesday we sit down to see what new songs are available!

Dude!!! You guys arent making it easier LOL!!

If you’re into serious gaming by yourself or vs. people online, get the 360/ps3.
If you’re into multiplayer with friends in the same room, get a wii.

If you're into serious gaming by yourself or vs. people online, get the 360/ps3. If you're into multiplayer with friends in the same room, get a wii.

Too add to that, this kind of goes with #1 there, if you’re going to be playing a bunch, IMO, you will find more life with a 360/ps3. Many of the Wii games are fun for a stretch by themselves, but fully excel with multiple people playing at the same time. It just depends how you are wanting to use it.

Nothing beats the fun factor of the Wii. That’s what gaming is about…

In my opinion the 360 is 10 times better than the Wii. However, beware of the RED RING.

I have a PS3 and a Wii.

I hardly played the Wii until I got Mario Kart a couple weeks back. It’s really geared more towards a younger demographic. Wii sports is fun for a little while but the novelty eventually wears off. Sports games are terrible on it. I bought Madden 07 for it when the system first came out, but I ended up reverting back to the GC version because the gameplay was so odd.

The PS3 has much more potential. It is a little bit more costly than the 360, but you don’t have to pay to play online, and you get a Blu-Ray. I do not regret buying it at all. Games look great, and unlike the 360, you don’t have to worry about it being broken straight out of the box. I know 2 different people that got the evil Red Ring of Death even before they had a chance to play it.

Tiger Woods golf on the Wii is wicked awsome. A group of us have had some incredible golf tournaments on it.

Haven’t played Mario Kart on Wii yet, but I think I will love it.

ETA: played Madden once on the Wii – and I will agree, the gameplay did seem rather odd.

360 ftw. But like others said… if you only like to play with friends in person get the wii I guess. Personally, my roommate had a Wii and I got bored of it fast.

Nintendo 64 or dream cast!

you have two questions to guide your way through this decision.

1. Do you think 200 dollars sounds better than 400?

2. Do you want to be mentally fit, or physically fit.

personally get the 360 - games are better on it by far - plus its easier to con your parents into spending 200 dollars on you for christmas or your birthday than it is for 400 dollars :biggrin: (meaning buy the expensive one, ask for the other)

I’ve had the Wii since it came out, and a 360 since November. The Wii is great, like already mentioned, for when you have a lot of people over. I used to play it all the time by my self, until I got my 360. My biggest reason for getting the Wii wasn’t for the motion controls really, but for the sequels of my favorite platformers (Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, etc.). I don’t know if you’re into any of those games, or plan on playing your console all the time with other people.

On the other hand, I’ve played my 360 nonstop since I got it. Xbox live is a ton of fun, and even if you don’t want to pay the $50/year for Live, most of the games (IMHO) have great single player experiences. And of course, great graphics.

I like them both a lot, but 360 gets the edge for me.

Dude!!! You guys arent making it easier LOL!!
I have a 360. If you want to play online with me get one.
I have a 360. If you want to play online with me get one.

Sold…

Ok, But tell me this though, I thought 360 is getting outdated? Isnt the BluRay the new thing of the future?

Sold....

Ok, But tell me this though, I thought 360 is getting outdated? Isnt the BluRay the new thing of the future?

Cool, so get a blueray player if you really want want one…

There are rumors that a 360 will be produced eventually with blueray players in them, or at least an addon

[QUOTE=Gill2003;319289]Sold…

Ok, But tell me this though, I thought 360 is getting outdated? Isnt the BluRay the new thing of the future?[/QUOTE]

No. You’re mixing technology purposes there Gil. Blu Ray is Sony’s brand name for its HD dvd tech. Both Blu-Ray and HD DVD used a blue laser though. The 360 had an add on HD DVD player, the PS3’s drive supported Blu-Ray movies.

Neither will have any effect on games. It is possible that MS might develop a Blu-Ray add on, but honestly, a console makes a TON of noise and heat. Just buy a standalone player when they finally hit the Wal-Mart discount bin.

I don’t have any of those consoles, but the wii seems overrated and cheesy to me. It doesn’t seem like a true hard core gaming system. It’s like a party novelty. Pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey is only so much fun.

I don't have any of those consoles, but the wii seems overrated and cheesy to me. It doesn't seem like a true hard core gaming system. It's like a party novelty. Pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey is only so much fun.

I agree 100%. The Wii is red-hot right now, but the novelty will wear off quickly.

I vote for PS3.