PS3/360 vs Wii

like feltis said. if you want to play a lot, and online, go with the 360. you have to pay for online, but that’s because it’s awesome, and it works. my friends that have a ps3 (2 as opposed to over 20 with a 360) say the online is horrible. with the 360 you can chat, download game videos/demos, tv shows, music videos, movies, arcade games, i could go on. it’s basically a computer. if you’re not going to be watchin hd movies, the ps3 shouldnt even be an option. the 360 exclusives are far better and the only game on both consoles where the ps3 version is comparable to the 360 version is GTA. the rest of the games, the 360 version is far better and runs at twice the framerate.

i purposely left talking about the wii out because it’s not comparable to the 360/ps3. it’s gaming for fun, with friends at your place, something you probably wont play every day. cheaper option and very fun, but not for a serious gamer (gta, halo, cod, etc). and the wii graphics look effterrible in comparison. that’s why it’s not comparable…it’s not about serious gaming/graphics, it’s about simple fun…party games…smash brothers, mario kart, etc.

Xbox 306 all the way…the ps3 is just as overrated as the wii. i mean the will is fun for a bit, but some of the games seem to be geared towards younger kids than us. But with a 360, you get a nice array of fun games (halo, call of duty, gta, assassins creed). The online with the 360 is pretty neat too, there is a lot of downloadable stuff. Go with a 360 and play online with me too…haha

atari?

If you're into serious gaming by yourself or vs. people online, get the 360/ps3. If you're into multiplayer with friends in the same room, get a wii.

+1

PS3 v 360 is no contest. 360 has a ton of great games that the PS3 doesn’t have. The PS3 has some great games as well…they just all happen to be on the 360 as well. The online experience of the 360 is much, much better. Go 360 if you go that route.

I own a 360 and a Wii and currently play Kart with my wife and Gears online by myself.

As many know, I work at Circuit City. I get asked, on average, four or five times every day “Do you have Wii in stock?” Most of the time, it is either a five-year-old kid, a little old lady, a Mexican woman with 5 of her 7 kids in a shopping cart (not a joke… that seriously happened today) or a three-toothed redneck in a UNC t-shirt. Point is, the people who want the Wii know nothing about video games, they just know that A. everybody seems to want one so they should too or B. because I can swing my arm it must be better. Don’t be in that demographic.

Get a 360… the games are much better. The only games that PS3 has that I would want to play, but can’t on 360 are Resistance: Fall of Man and Unreal Tournament III… UTIII comes out for 360 in June, and R:FoM is basically a first-person version of Gears of War, without a chainsaw bayonette.

That, my friend is the kicker: where else can you use a gun with a chainsaw bayonette? No place other than X360. There’s your answer.

PONG!!!

I love me some PONG.

Thanks guys!

No. You're mixing technology purposes there Gil. Blu Ray is Sony's brand name for its HD dvd tech. Both Blu-Ray and HD DVD used a blue laser though. The 360 had an add on HD DVD player, the PS3's drive supported Blu-Ray movies.

Neither will have any effect on games. It is possible that MS might develop a Blu-Ray add on, but honestly, a console makes a TON of noise and heat. Just buy a standalone player when they finally hit the Wal-Mart discount bin.

NA, do you still game? I remember a few years ago we had a similar debate with the PS2 vs the XBox. My argument was the exact same then as it is now: it’s all about the games and not the hardware.

Donkey Kong!!!

That, my friend is the kicker: where else can you use a gun with a chainsaw bayonette? No place other than X360. There's your answer.
Gears of War >* And gears of 2 will be even better :o I might have to try out UT3 when it comes out for 360 just for the graphics... I know gears of war 2 uses the UT3 graphics engine which is great

apparently there’s an entire city of downloadable content that will be available for GTA IV for 360 exclusively.

I got a PlayStation 3 four days ago and I’ve been playing it non stop ever since. I only have GTA IV right now but I’ve been downloading the game demos which is an awesome feature by the way. I also managed to connect it wirelessly to my MacBook so now I have a library of over 3000 songs, 3000 pictures and over 100 movies streaming wirelessly on my HD TV.

I’ve yet to find a feature that I don’t like about it, it’s absolutely an amazing piece of technology.

Next game on the list of buys: MSG 4…drool

I got a PlayStation 3 four days ago and I've been playing it non stop ever since. I only have GTA IV right now but [B]I've been downloading the game demos which is an awesome feature by the way[/B]. I also managed to connect it wirelessly to my MacBook so now I have a library of over 3000 songs, 3000 pictures and over 100 movies streaming wirelessly on my HD TV.

I’ve yet to find a feature that I don’t like about it, it’s absolutely an amazing piece of technology.

Next game on the list of buys: MSG 4…drool

360 does this… and I’m pretty sure you can connect it to your PC (I don’t know about a Mac), and I’m pretty sure you can sync up your music too.

If I only played big title games, then I wouldn’t mind having a PS3. For casual gaming, it is fine.

I ended up with the 360. Love it so far. Although I still cant figure out how to play GTA online…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;323294]I ended up with the 360. Love it so far. Although I still cant figure out how to play GTA online…[/QUOTE]

Bring up your phone while you’re in single player mode and one of the options is Multiplayer. Select that and it should be pretty much obvious from that point on.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;323288]If I only played big title games, then I wouldn’t mind having a PS3. For casual gaming, it is fine.[/QUOTE]

Au contraire mon frere!

What amazing games does the 360 have that any PS 3 titles can’t match up with? Please enlighten me and if you’re gonna hit me with the usual Halo and Gears of War argument don’t bother because I wasn’t much more impressed with those two as I was with Resistance: Fall of Man for example.

Let’s not forget that PS 3 still has the exclusive rights for MSG 4 (getting pretty much perfect reviews so far) and Gran Turismo 5 (which will have full online gameplay), by far the most dominant racing game there is.

edit: I almost forgot about the amazing God of War license and the awesome platformers that are the Ratchet and Jak licenses.

Au contraire mon frere!

What amazing games does the 360 have that any PS 3 titles can’t match up with? Please enlighten me and if you’re gonna hit me with the usual Halo and Gears of War argument don’t bother because I wasn’t much more impressed with those two as I was with Resistance: Fall of Man for example.

Let’s not forget that PS 3 still has the exclusive rights for MSG 4 (getting pretty much perfect reviews so far) and Gran Turismo 5 (which will have full online gameplay), by far the most dominant racing game there is.

edit: I almost forgot about the amazing God of War license and the awesome platformers that are the Ratchet and Jak licenses.

Completely agree. Gill2003, sorry man you got suckered in by a site that unfortunatley is full of 360 fans that are too biased to tell you the truth. Do a little research on your on, PS3 is soon to take over just like PS1 and PS2 did. The only thing 360 has over PS3 is a few more exclusives which is changing and the only reason they have that advantage is because 360 came to market 15 months before PS3. Sorry man wish I would have seen this thread before you bought. Get used to this term RROD.

[QUOTE=49erMatt;323351]Completely agree. Gill2003, sorry man you got suckered in by a site that unfortunatley is full of 360 fans that are too biased to tell you the truth. Do a little research on your on, PS3 is soon to take over just like PS1 and PS2 did. The only thing 360 has over PS3 is a few more exclusives which is changing and the only reason they have that advantage is because 360 came to market 15 months before PS3. Sorry man wish I would have seen this thread before you bought. Get used to this term [B]RROD[/B].[/QUOTE]

Haha :smiley:

What’s your PSN tag? I only have GTA at the moment though but online play for that thing is ridiculous.