Q&A series with Charlotte football commits

Hey guys, I’m working on some Q&A’s with several commits at the moment, I’ll be updating this thread with them. Below is the first one with our new commit, Rico Arnold.

Interesting that we may grey shirt him. I “think” this is normally used when a school exceeds the 25 scholarships per year you’re allowed to give out per year. I may be reading too much into that, but that could mean we’re going to have a big class.

Nice interview with him, thanks for posting. Good to hear someone using words like “respect and loyalty” to describe our staff’s interactions with him.

[quote=“chidave, post:2, topic:30769”]Interesting that we may grey shirt him. I “think” this is normally used when a school exceeds the 25 scholarships per year you’re allowed to give out per year. I may be reading too much into that, but that could mean we’re going to have a big class.

Nice interview with him, thanks for posting. Good to hear someone using words like “respect and loyalty” to describe our staff’s interactions with him.[/quote]

I count 27 players who have verbally committed. 22 HS, 5 JUCOs. 4 have already signed for the spring. Some may be walk-ons.

would walk-ons “commit”?

Pretty much, the only issue I have with grey shirts is that sometimes coaches will back out of giving the kid a scholarship once they recruit over them. I don’t think Lambert would do this but I’ve seen it quite a few times since I started following recruiting.

Sure. Just signals they aren’t interested in other opportunities. They are no more or less binding than verbals are for players who intend to sign LOIs. Also, not all walk-on situations are equal. Some players might take a preferred walk-on situation at school A vs. full scholarship from day 1 at school B.

clt says great work. this class is looking strong.

Sure. Just signals they aren’t interested in other opportunities. They are no more or less binding than verbals are for players who intend to sign LOIs. Also, not all walk-on situations are equal. Some players might take a preferred walk-on situation at school A vs. full scholarship from day 1 at school B.[/quote]

I have seen somewhere that QB Chris Reynolds may be a preferred walk-on. I counted him in the 27 verbals.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:3, topic:30769”][quote=“chidave, post:2, topic:30769”]Interesting that we may grey shirt him. I “think” this is normally used when a school exceeds the 25 scholarships per year you’re allowed to give out per year. I may be reading too much into that, but that could mean we’re going to have a big class.

Nice interview with him, thanks for posting. Good to hear someone using words like “respect and loyalty” to describe our staff’s interactions with him.[/quote]

I count 27 players who have verbally committed. 22 HS, 5 JUCOs. 4 have already signed for the spring. Some may be walk-ons.[/quote]

And it sounds like we offered a kicker today. Seems like we will max out our slots.
And I imagine we will lose a few (maybe Tronti and Bent and I don t think anyone knows what’s going on with Eason).

[quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30769”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:3, topic:30769”][quote=“chidave, post:2, topic:30769”]Interesting that we may grey shirt him. I “think” this is normally used when a school exceeds the 25 scholarships per year you’re allowed to give out per year. I may be reading too much into that, but that could mean we’re going to have a big class.

I count 27 players who have verbally committed. 22 HS, 5 JUCOs. 4 have already signed for the spring. Some may be walk-ons.[/quote]

And it sounds like we offered a kicker today. Seems like we will max out our slots.
And I imagine we will lose a few (maybe Tronti and Bent and I don t think anyone knows what’s going on with Eason).[/quote]Bent and Eason are listed as “soft commits” at 247.

[quote=“2k, post:10, topic:30769”][quote=“Tintin, post:9, topic:30769”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:3, topic:30769”][quote=“chidave, post:2, topic:30769”]Interesting that we may grey shirt him. I “think” this is normally used when a school exceeds the 25 scholarships per year you’re allowed to give out per year. I may be reading too much into that, but that could mean we’re going to have a big class.

And I imagine we will lose a few (maybe Tronti and Bent and I don t think anyone knows what’s going on with Eason).[/quote]Bent and Eason are listed as “soft commits” at 247.[/quote]

Yeah, they’ve been listed like that ever since they each scheduled other official visits.

Brent’s dad talked to me during his visit at a game. I did not know who he was at first while we were chatting, but he told me his son was committed to us and he loved the school. That could all change, but his Dad acted like it was a done deal.

Check out my Q&A with @Charlotte49erFB’s commit Vic Tucker (@bigdream_vic) #CharLIT #RockSolid #UNCC https://agent49.net/qa-charlotte​-49ers-commit-vic-tucker/

Thanks for putting this together. Good to get a little insight and excited about our recruits. Best part of that article is his tweet at bottom "Blessed to announce that I am officially committed to Charlotte University "

Personally, I prefer U of Char, but I’d take that :smiley:

Here’s another one guys, https://agent49.net/qa-charlotte-49ers-juco-signee-ryan-eachus/

Dude, you have to upgrade your follow up game. Immediately after his Xbox/PS answer, you should have said "PC MASTER RACE FTW’ and high fived him.

Welcome to Niner Nation Ryan. You’re part of the family now. However, that won’t stop me from blasting you in the face with an A10 Hunter in BF1. :cool:

Dude, you have to upgrade your follow up game. Immediately after his Xbox/PS answer, you should have said "PC MASTER RACE FTW’ and high fived him.

Welcome to Niner Nation Ryan. You’re part of the family now. However, that won’t stop me from blasting you in the face with an A10 Hunter in BF1. 8)[/quote]

clt understands none of this.

Q&A with Jonathan Francois, 2-star LB from FL is now live:

[quote=“2k, post:18, topic:30769”]Q&A with Jonathan Francois, 2-star LB from FL is now live:

https://agent49.net/qa-charlotte-49ers-commit-jonathan-francois/[/quote]

clt says this is great. Thanks for putting in the work.

Check out my Q&A with local 3-star OL commit Dmitri Emmanuel (@DmitriEmmanuel) - https://agent49.net/qa-charlotte-49ers-commit-dmitri-emmanuel/ #CharLIT #RockSolid #UNCC